• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm24

I just installed and decided to use my large sum of amazon coins that i have for some reason to unlock the Naxxramas xpac and now i need like 500 more for Blackrock. I also have 20 in play credit from all those surveys.

Im diving in headfirst hard! Wish me luck!

thenexus6

I've never played this before, installed onto my phone. Played a few rounds and its pretty fun, however doesn't run as well as i'd like. So I just installed it on my macbook and the resolution is awful. I have a retina and the game doesn't support high res. I hope there is a fix for this eventually.

iirate

I just installed and decided to use my large sum of amazon coins that i have for some reason to unlock the Naxxramas xpac and now i need like 500 more for Blackrock. I also have 20 in play credit from all those surveys.

Im diving in headfirst hard! Wish me luck!

I want to spend my coins, but the app is failing to install from the Amazon store. I was able to install it from the Google Play store without issue. =(

Dragner

My phone heats a lot with the app. I have a Nexus 4, a bit old but it should run Hearthstone fine.

I dont think Im using it but its good to have it to look at your collection or whatever.

My Nexus 4 doesn't seem to run hot while playing Hearthstone unlike a few other experiences posted here. I do notice it is a huge game though - 1.55 GB actually which is crazy for a phone that has less than 16 GB of usable storage.

I think I'll keep it on my phone but damn will I have to manage space for the stupid thing.

AzureSky

My phone heats a lot with the app. I have a Nexus 4, a bit old but it should run Hearthstone fine.

I dont think Im using it but its good to have it to look at your collection or whatever.

played 4 games on my nexus 4 today and was surprised it runs as well as it did. Battery is drained like crazy and phone was pretty warm, but i had no problems with connectivity (seems improved compared to tablet version) or crashes.
Slow animations are not really a deal breaker, i'm impressed with performance on my old hardware.

iirate

My Nexus 4 doesn't seem to run hot while playing Hearthstone unlike a few other experiences posted here. I do notice it is a huge game though - 1.55 GB actually which is crazy for a phone that has less than 16 GB of usable storage.

I think I'll keep it on my phone but damn will I have to manage space for the stupid thing.

played 4 games on my nexus 4 today and was surprised it runs as well as it did. Battery is drained like crazy and phone was pretty warm, but i had no problems with connectivity (seems improved compared to tablet version) or crashes.
Slow animations are not really a deal breaker, i'm impressed with performance on my old hardware.

I played some practice games on my Nexus 4 and I was pretty impressed too. It chugs a bit, but not unbearably so. I'm still not used to the interface at all, though.

I like the mobile interface a lot. They've basically removed targeting arrows and now you just play the card, then click your target. Using cards from your hand is a two-step process that makes it hard to accidently cast something; just tap your hand, then tap and drag out the card you want to play.

I think it is very nice overall. Very easy to read the card text, understand how much mana I have, and see how many cards my opponent has (tsp their hand to get a count). As I mentioned, I'm basically just rolling fools with my Hunter deck while lounging on my couch... Very fun.

iirate

I like the mobile interface a lot. Theyvey basically removed targeting arrows and now you just play the card, then click your target. Using cards from your hand is a two-step process that makes it hard to accidently cast something; just tap your hand, then tap and drag out the card you want to play.

I think it is very nice overall. Very easy to read the card text, understand how much mana I have, and see how many cards my opponent has (tsp their hand to get a count). As I mentioned, I'm basically just rolling fools with my Hunter deck while lounging on my couch... Very fun.

I agree that it's very hard to misclick. What I'm having the most trouble with is actually processing the state of the game. With all of the UI elements moved around, I was having a surprising amount of trouble just planning a turn, since I was so distracted by having to remember to select my hand, where my mana crystals were, my opponents hand size, etc. It may sound silly, and some of that may have been because I had just woken up and was still in bed, but I'm afraid to play opponents on my phone right now, and it has nothing to do with mistargeting.

I can't seem to figure out how to get the mobile version. I've uninstalled and reinstall. Yet all i ever get is the tablet version on my S3. After some googling there doesn't seem to be a fix available yet.

Rapstah

I got Nerub'ar Weblord from a Shredder and it made me realise Choose One effects and Combo effects don't count as Battlecries. That's dumb. They should.

Fake card:

d5201252dsufc.png

Big Game Hunter? Kills another random minion instead. Owl then Big Game Hunter? Another random minion is silenced. Brewmaster? Potentially steal one of your opponent's minions (!!!), or send the Brewmaster itself back to hand, which is funny.

Faceless Manipulator could randomly target minions in Stealth if it tried to copy this, like the ogre minions can randomly hit them instead of their real target.

Recombobulator would randomly turn another minion into another random minion with the same cost. Not Balnazzar's cost.

Rend Blackhand could kill another random minion which wouldn't have to be Legendary (???). Same with Black Knight and Taunt if you gave Balnazzar Taunt.

Vol'jin would swap health with another minion instead... or itself if the board is otherwise empty?

Maybe the effect is more funny than useful.

I agree that it's very hard to misclick. What I'm having the most trouble with is actually processing the state of the game. With all of the UI elements moved around, I was having a surprising amount of trouble just planning a turn, since I was so distracted by having to remember to select my hand, where my mana crystals were, my opponents hand size, etc. It may sound silly, and some of that may have been because I had just woken up and was still in bed, but I'm afraid to play opponents on my phone right now, and it has nothing to do with mistargeting.

I think it'll come naturally with time. I played a few Casual matches before going into Ranked just to familiarize myself with the different interface.

asdfg

Lost a game vs mech mage when their shredded popped out a doomsayer that wiped out my vastly superior board :d

I lost a game to a Priest that traded his Shredder to damage my Sludge Belcher and got a Thalnos. That upped his Holy Nova to 3 damage for a board clear rather than just injuring my Shredder and Zombie Chow. What did my Shredder pull? Fucking Captain's Parrot.

embalm

I lost a game to a Priest that traded his Shredder to damage my Sludge Belcher and got a Thalnos. That upped his Holy Nova to 3 damage for a board clear rather than just injuring my Shredder and Zombie Chow. What did my Shredder pull? Fucking Captain's Parrot.
Parrot trades 1 for 1 with Thalnos. You could also panda the parrot for it's pirate synergy. The Value is all around us.

CAPS, totally not condescending at all. though i guess its kinda my fault for doing it the easy lazy way instead of looking up for all the info.

It's an interesting idea bit you have to remember something. Choose One and Combo are part of what defines the Druid and Rogue class. They probably wouldn't make a card that directly effects only a single, or few, class(es) while also breaking what makes a class unique. It'd be better if it was a minion that was like Mogor but effected all spells.

You're probably focusing on SI7: Agent and Keeper of the Grove though, which I can understand, but it's nice that the class cards have an extra advantage.

Random Battlecries would be fun though.

Rapstah

It's an interesting idea bit you have to remember something. Choose One and Combo are part of what defines the Druid and Rogue class. They probably wouldn't make a card that directly effects only a single, or few, class(es) while also breaking what makes a class unique. It'd be better if it was a minion that was like Mogor but effected all spells.

You're probably focusing on SI7: Agent and Keeper of the Grove though, which I can understand, but it's nice that the class cards have an extra advantage.

Random Battlecries would be fun though.

The only minions affected are Kidnapper, SI:7 Agent, and Keeper of the Grove. I guess Ancient of Lore if you decide to heal a Warlock-exclusive legendary (maybe it popped out of Sneed's). It's just trying to go for "if an arrow pops out of a minion when you play it and you can target this minion with it, then the effect hits something else", not supressing Rogue and Druid specifically.

In fact, affecting Warrior class cards with Battlecry and then not affecting Rogue cards with what is still technically a Battlecry under a different name is unfair to Warrior.

Danj

Hearthstone as a phone app is HUGE. Oh well.

Is anyone else having problems installing this from the Play store? No matter where I go to try and download (home, work), it always stalls at the same place - 94%, 586MB/619MB.

EDIT: never mind, it's suddenly decided it wants to work now.

Magnus

I got Nerub'ar Weblord from a Shredder and it made me realise Choose One effects and Combo effects don't count as Battlecries. That's dumb. They should.

Fake card:

d5201252dsufc.png

Big Game Hunter? Kills another random minion instead. Owl then Big Game Hunter? Another random minion is silenced. Brewmaster? Potentially steal one of your opponent's minions (!!!), or send the Brewmaster itself back to hand, which is funny.

Faceless Manipulator could randomly target minions in Stealth if it tried to copy this, like the ogre minions can randomly hit them instead of their real target.

Recombobulator would randomly turn another minion into another random minion with the same cost. Not Balnazzar's cost.

Rend Blackhand could kill another random minion which wouldn't have to be Legendary (???). Same with Black Knight and Taunt if you gave Balnazzar Taunt.

Vol'jin would swap health with another minion instead... or itself if the board is otherwise empty?

I dig this, a lot.

Magnus

What do you guys think they'll do timing-wise for the next expansion and adventure? Both this year hopefully?

And what's ripe for both? Legion-focused for the expansion (to tie-in with current/future WoW), and maybe AQ or Ulduar for the adventure?

CoolOff

gCZ0Kbd.png

I'm being way too greedy, but what three cards would you add? I don't know what the balance of ramp is in the 3-6 slots usually.

Rapstah

I'm being way too greedy, but what three cards would you add? I don't know what the balance of ramp is in the 3-6 slots usually.

I was going to suggest Druid of the Claw but you already have a ton of five drops. Starfall maybe to combo with the Azure Drakes?

What do you guys think they'll do timing-wise for the next expansion and adventure? Both this year hopefully?

And what's ripe for both? Legion-focused for the expansion (to tie-in with current/future WoW), and maybe AQ or Ulduar for the adventure?
I'm going to guess Karazhan is the next adventure because it's so different to what they've done so far. No idea about card expansions though... GvG was kind of random.

tariniel

Does anyone know a good pre-GvG Paladin deck I can use for dailies? I have all of naxx and 95% of the regular set. I have a really old control Paladin but not sure how it fits right now. This was my old control deck.

I have a small handful of GvG cards but none of the Paladin class ones. Most notable I think is 1 mechwarper and 2 healbots.

I just want to finish dailies and earn gold for arena runs mostly, I'm not planning to ladder or rank up a lot.

clav

Does anyone know a good pre-GvG Paladin deck I can use for dailies? I have all of naxx and 95% of the regular set. I have a really old control Paladin but not sure how it fits right now. This was my old control deck.

I have a small handful of GvG cards but none of the Paladin class ones. Most notable I think is 1 mechwarper and 2 healbots.

I just want to finish dailies and earn gold for arena runs mostly, I'm not planning to ladder or rank up a lot.
Add Zombie Grub and Loatheb. Sludge Belcher if you need taunts.

GvG cards made Paladin a really good character:

Shielded Minibot
Muster for Battle
Quartermaster
Coghammer for some decks

Also Dr. 7 or Dr. Balanced or Dr. GG (aka Dr. Boom)

I think the best part about the hearthstone iphone app is that I can now finally buy packs/arena runs with my itunes store credit. I have a lot of store credit saved up over the years since I never really buy anything on itunes anymore but I still get itunes gift cards from people all the time. Now I have something to spend all that money on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom