• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
Next platform:

idUBmZCzXuitu.png

Same with mech mages.

Nothing you can do.

With mech mage you can play proactively because they play things you can interact with before they get face damage. Also because their hero power only hits for 1, they can deal a lot less face damage than hunter can, just by hero power alone.

On the other hand, there is a tiny window of playing proactively against hunter. Basically turn 1 and turn 2. After that almost every minion or card they play is a charge minion, weapon, or just straight up face damage.

The way you can counter hunter is by using taunts to prevent charge minions from hitting face, although you'll inevitably get one silenced seemingly every match, or hunter's marked which is about the same. You can heal the damage as well, but only reactively and you can't really stabilize or win by healing alone unless the hunter just runs out of steam, which thanks to their hero power they do not.

Only recently has kezan mystic allowed you to interact with secrets directly. And loatheb is a way to stall for a turn, although their spells are cheap anyway so you may only be saving yourself a little bit.

At least with mech mage they have to fight for board. They can't just ignore it and always go face. They want to just go face, but they are risking losing because they need board to doing continued damage. Unlike face hunter which doesn't care because they can just hero power and play another charge minion or two.

First game on the phone interface and I eviscerated my own face. Lost the game by 2 hp. I actually prefer using the tablet interface on my phone over the phone interface.

So yeah, Hearthstone for my phone takes up 1GB+. I'm lacking for space and decided it wasn't worth it, given that I'm not actively playing at the moment. Still haven't bought BRM. Probably gonna wait for some other development in the game, since it feels like "I Won" after hitting legend - grinding it out again just to do it seems pointless when there's other games I could be playing. And yes, I have done 12 win arenas before, multiple times.

So yeah, Hearthstone for my phone takes up 1GB+. I'm lacking for space and decided it wasn't worth it, given that I'm not actively playing at the moment. Still haven't bought BRM. Probably gonna wait for some other development in the game, since it feels like "I Won" after hitting legend - grinding it out again just to do it seems pointless when there's other games I could be playing. And yes, I have done 12 win arenas before, multiple times.

I think it is wrong to think "I won" after hitting legend. It isn't necessarily about hitting legend every season either. It is about continually trying to master the game and improve your gameplay. If I ever hit rank 1 legend, I don't think I would even at that point think that there is nothing left for me to accomplish in hearthstone. That is just the nature of MP games in general though.

clav

With mech mage you can play proactively because they play things you can interact with before they get face damage. Also because their hero power only hits for 1, they can deal a lot less face damage than hunter can, just by hero power alone.

On the other hand, there is a tiny window of playing proactively against hunter. Basically turn 1 and turn 2. After that almost every minion or card they play is a charge minion, weapon, or just straight up face damage.

The way you can counter hunter is by using taunts to prevent charge minions from hitting face, although you'll inevitably get one silenced seemingly every match, or hunter's marked which is about the same. You can heal the damage as well, but only reactively and you can't really stabilize or win by healing alone unless the hunter just runs out of steam, which thanks to their hero power they do not.

Only recently has kezan mystic allowed you to interact with secrets directly. And loatheb is a way to stall for a turn, although their spells are cheap anyway so you may only be saving yourself a little bit.

At least with mech mage they have to fight for board. They can't just ignore it and always go face. They want to just go face, but they are risking losing because they need board to doing continued damage. Unlike face hunter which doesn't care because they can just hero power and play another charge minion or two.

There's nothing you can do to win over board. What can a Paladin do early when none of the clearing spells go over 2 HP when all minions have 3+ HP?

I lose by turn 6 every time. Every minion gets wiped off regardless.

Against face hunter, at least the minions are 1 HP.

I think mech mage is worse.

Phone client works great on my S3. A tad slow loading up and tiny bit of lag here and there but overall I'm impressed.

My eyes hurt. The interface is squishing the desktop/tablet version into a small screen based on resolution. I would rather get the enlarged iPhone version, not the tablet one.

CoolOff

ybobaA7.png

That diverse arena meta.

I had an idea the other day that they should start weighting the three options so all classes go towards 1/9th of the classes chosen. The mage-fest has been cancer for a while, but I think the current state of Paladin is worse in some respects.

I mean, that shouldn't make arena less attractive, right? In the long run no win rates should be affected.

ybobaA7.png

That diverse arena meta.

I had an idea the other day that they should start weighting the three options so all classes go towards 1/9th of the classes chosen. The mage-fest has been cancer for a while, but I think the current state of Paladin is worse in some respects.

I mean, that shouldn't make arena less attractive, right? In the long run no win rates should be affected.

What did you play?

I feel I get diverse enough matches. I seem to get killed by priests a lot though

CoolOff

What did you play?

I feel I get diverse enough matches. I seem to get killed by priests a lot though

Hunter. I really shouldn't have won against a lot of the mid-Paladins, I lack 2-drops while they got divine shields all over the place. One UTH and two Highmanes have carried me though.

On HearthArena Paladin + Mage is 47% of my opponents after 20 runs tracked.

Raab

Neo Member
I have a 5c and was curious if and how it runs. I know this is basically an iphone 4 but the dl/install isn't making progress.

CoolOff

ybobaA7.png

That diverse arena meta.

Who cares about the meta when you go 12-2? :)

http://www.heartharena.com/arena-run/36hmwt

First time I went 12 in a good while, nice to be back.

Joco

Well the Android phone client seems to have the same problem as the tablet client which is random and frequent disconnects. It disconnects me from just about every other match. Can't play until they fix this.

Having the same issues, tablet and phone.

Hunter. I really shouldn't have won against a lot of the mid-Paladins, I lack 2-drops while they got divine shields all over the place. One UTH and two Highmanes have carried me though.

On HearthArena Paladin + Mage is 47% of my opponents after 20 runs tracked.

1nWdLXW.png

Here's mine...Druids and Priest have been giving me issues.

of course I've only been playing paladin and mage../hides

Laying on my couch watching TV and I'm ranking up in ladder by just swiping randomly without looking at my phone's screen. This mobile release just elevated my Hunter game to the next level.

mstevens

If I'm just starting out, should I be trying to build a deck or just do practice matches with the same one? How did you all pick which class to play?

It is very fun but very overwhelming.

clav

If I'm just starting out, should I be trying to build a deck or just do practice matches with the same one? How did you all pick which class to play?

First unlock the character classes to level 10. There are exclusive hero cards that you can gain by leveling up.

You can grind a random deck and just play AI or be brave and play people online.

----------------------------------

Next, you will need to work on building your card collection since you just started. Play people online.

Depends on what you want to do (i.e. how much money + time you're willing to spend).

Trump has a list of basic decks for players like you who can build a deck for no cost: http://trumpdecks.com/basic/

Gain experience and gold. Then decide if you want to spend money.

If you plan on spending money, you must buy the adventure packs (Naxxramas and Black Rock Mountain) because the game rewards exclusive cards to players who complete the solo campaign. Some really excellent cards there. Buy card booster packs if you want, but since the game dishes out cards randomly, there are no guarantees that the game will give you decent booster cards.

---------------------------

If you don't want to spend any money, the game has two monetary systems. Gold for completing quests and hidden achievements. Dust for crafting cards.

Dust becomes essential since booster packs do not guarantee excellent cards. You gain dust by disenchanting cards (i.e. tossing them out). The game will autofilter cards that you have more than 2 copies (i.e. You can only have two copies of each card) and allow you to easily disenchant them for dust. You spend dust to own a card that you want.

A new quest is randomly assigned daily for a maximum of 3 quests to hold (i.e. If you don't play for 3 days, you will have 3 quests.) These quests will give you gold that you can use to buy booster packs or if you save up, you can actually buy an adventure campaign for 700 gold.

You can also change out one quest per day by clicking on the red X. The game will randomly assign a new one. You can sometimes stack quests together (i.e. 3 victories and 2/5 wins for a class) to utilize your time effectively for completing the quests.

A hybrid approach is to spend real money on adventure campaigns and spend gold on booster packs.

Play around each class and see what you like. Look around the web for card decks you want to build.

Focus on unlocking the basic cards first, that will make deck building easier.

Class choice is really just personal preference. Try all of them and see which ones you enjoy playing as the most. Then you can prioritize cards from there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So yea played 2 games on my 4G network/S5... Phone reporting it used 481kb worth of data. So yea like Levi said it's a really small amount. Take your charger and you'll be good to go :D

Once again, you da bast! Thanks :)!

mstevens

First unlock the character classes to level 10. There are exclusive hero cards that you can gain by leveling up.

You can grind a random deck and just play AI or be brave and play people online.

----------------------------------

Next, you will need to work on building your card collection since you just started. Play people online.

Depends on what you want to do (i.e. how much money + time you're willing to spend).

Trump has a list of basic decks for players like you who can build a deck for no cost: http://trumpdecks.com/basic/

Gain experience and gold. Then decide if you want to spend money.

If you plan on spending money, you must buy the adventure packs (Naxxramas and Black Rock Mountain) because the game rewards exclusive cards to players who complete the solo campaign. Some really excellent cards there. Buy card booster packs if you want, but since the game dishes out cards randomly, there are no guarantees that the game will give you decent booster cards.

If you don't want to spend any money, the game has two monetary systems. Gold for completing quests and hidden achievements. Dust for crafting cards.

Dust becomes essential since booster packs do not guarantee excellent cards. You gain dust by disenchanting cards (i.e. tossing them out). The game will autofilter cards that you have more than 2 copies (i.e. You can only have two copies of each card) and allow you to easily disenchant them for dust. You spend dust to own a card that you want.

A new quest is randomly assigned daily for a maximum of 3 quests to hold (i.e. If you don't play for 3 days, you will have 3 quests.) These quests will give you gold that you can use to buy booster packs or if you save up, you can actually buy an adventure campaign for 700 gold.

You can also change out one quest per day by clicking on the red X. The game will randomly assign a new one. You can sometimes stack quests together (i.e. 3 victories and 2/5 wins for a class) to utilize your time effectively for completing the quests.

A hybrid approach is to spend real money on adventure campaigns and spend gold on booster packs.

Play around each class and see what you like. Look around the web for card decks you want to build.

Awesome! Thanks!

If I really keep enjoying the game, I have no problem paying money for the adventure packs / missions.

Danj

Can someone with Android please tell me how much data this sucker sucks out? I'm considering playing this 8h tomorrow at school through 4g

My download keeps stalling at 586 of 619MB if that helps.

Edit: in fact this has happened 3 times now, anyone else having this issue?

clav

Thinking of adding a second Equality although I think it will mess up the tempo pacing. Maybe even adding a pyromancer.

Some of these new cards are really messing with the meta.

would that be really laggy though from TEXAS??

The game sends commands in text form, so it shouldn't be using a whole lot of bandwidth.

You're not playing a FPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom