• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I wish Blizz would just let us know if we are getting the phone version this month. I still think we aren't, but all of these hidden teases are like ugh.

Also fuck face hunter. Fuck them till the ends of the earth.

Pooya

actually haven't see a Face Hunter for about a week, lucky? I've played against a lot of Warlocks recently which are mostly entertaining and fair to me...

Acinixys

Double Mech Warper + Coin sure is balanced

;D

NwYkzyX.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm probably super wrong about the stats-to-cost ratio on that thing, but I really like the drawback. It has a lot strategy and foresight involved.

No kidding, man. That's like a 7 or 8 mana minion, not 4. 4 is just absolutely disgusting. Charge pretty much cancels out the drawback. Even at 7 mana that's way better than War Golem or basically any other 7 mana neutral.

actually haven't see a Face Hunter for about a week, lucky? I've played against a lot of Warlocks recently which are mostly entertaining and fair to me...

They're still around, but Face Hunter doesn't appear to be as common as it was before. I'm still salty over getting hit with Quickshot, Glaivezooka, Steady Shot for exact lethal last night. Who the hell thought it was a good idea to give Hunters more direct damage with card draw attached?

sibarraz

Banned
For all you guys that get extra salty when losing against a mill rogue I present you: A mill rogue losing by their own shenanigans against a priest

CCj1HLdXIAEmRpT.jpg

CCj1HMaWMAA7WZh.jpg

Some Key plays

- After using gang up on his coldlight oracle I used thoughtsteal and got an coldlight oracle and a gang up, later I got another coldlight oracle

- While burning his cards, I managed to destroy two coldlights and a vanish, he wasted the other in desperation while I had a coldlight in the field.

- He has to use his other gang up to shuffle his antique healboat that he has to play 5 times

- I put everyhting on the field and got luck that he got burned out before I

ZealousD

Out of all the bosses from Blackrock Spire, I'm surprised they went with Omokk. He's not even in UBRS! Also kind of funny that Rend comes after General Drakkisath but I guess that's because Rend is the card to get.

Rend is more important lore-wise. Drakkisath is just some dragon dude.

I guess they wanted LBRS representation and Wyrmthalak was too much like Drakkisath. There aren't too many memorable bosses in LBRS. I probably would have done the rookery or The Beast if it was my decision.

Rapstah

I'm really confused as to what is LBRS and what is UBRS these days with how they changed UBRS for Warlords of Draenor. Blackrock Mountain is a patchwork consisting of parts from almost every expansion.

clav

I wish Blizz would just let us know if we are getting the phone version this month. I still think we aren't, but all of these hidden teases are like ugh.

Also fuck face hunter. Fuck them till the ends of the earth.

I could say the same about mech mage.

The game ends by turn 5/6 sometimes.

I'm really confused as to what is LBRS and what is UBRS these days with how they changed UBRS for Warlords of Draenor. Blackrock Mountain is a patchwork consisting of parts from almost every expansion.
I haven't played for almost two years now, but a quick search shows that it's still the same. Can't be 100% sure.

I guess they wanted LBRS representation and Wyrmthalak was too much like Drakkisath. There aren't too many memorable bosses in LBRS. I probably would have done the rookery or The Beast if it was my decision.
Also true. I guess it's hard to dilute an instance as large as BRS into three bosses.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
This is just a general problem with the whole BRM expansion. Even with 5 wings just think of how many fucking bosses there are in total when you combine all of the instances.

It's an undertaking no doubt, and you're gonna fuck something. It's just not possible otherwise.

Sande

I love playing against mill rogue. Everyone keeps doing stupid shit like dancing swords / oracle when it's not going to mill me or a deathlord that they can't follow up with vanish etc. My track record is something like 6-0 right now.

FeD.nL

Was really hoping for a Rookery fight where you only get Leeroy's and Angry Chickens spawn for when he dies.

Kenaras

That's OP as hell. Basically any deck could do the turn 9 Alex turn 10 Grom Combo with that card, and for only 4 mana. Hell, I'd do Shaman turn 9 Alex, turn 10 Overzealous Adventurer with Windfury and Rockbiter. Even if you played him on turn 4, you can just taunt him after he freezes with DoA or Sunfury. And, he's got 1 more attack than Leeroy for 1 less mana, so Miracle would come back and be even worse than before since you can have 2 of them in your deck. Druids can Innervate + Coin or Innervate X2 and get him out on turn 1 followed by a turn 2 Sunfury to taunt it, or a turn 2 Owl to unfreeze it and do another 7 face damage.

Yeah, that card could say, "At the end of the turn, you lose the game" and it would still be the most overpowered card in the game. The "freezes itself" mechanic is fine, but anything bigger than 4/4 or so is too much.

Aylinato

Yeah, that card could say, "At the end of the turn, you lose the game" and it would still be the most overpowered card in the game. The "freezes itself" mechanic is fine, but anything bigger than 4/4 or so is too much.

I'd enjoy if it were 7/7 frozen for 4 mana, that way you have to silence it and the opponent has a chance to deal with it

JesseZao

I'd enjoy if it were 7/7 frozen for 4 mana, that way you have to silence it and the opponent has a chance to deal with it

More ancient watchers.

I always thought ancient watcher would be more thematic if it lost "can't attack" upon being damaged. (Not an enrage)

ZealousD

This is just a general problem with the whole BRM expansion. Even with 5 wings just think of how many fucking bosses there are in total when you combine all of the instances.

It's an undertaking no doubt, and you're gonna fuck something. It's just not possible otherwise.

I can only guess that the original idea was to make it a Blackwing expansion that revolved around Nefarian, but that they felt it wasn't enough content on its own, so they threw BRD and Molten Core into the mix. They did that and suddenly it was TOO MUCH content.

More ancient watchers.

I always thought ancient watcher would be more thematic if it lost "can't attack" upon being damaged. (Not an enrage)

I played a Druid last night that was running Ancient Watchers and a ton of silences. I thought I was screwed when he had out a 2/1 Keeper of the Grove, a brand new Shade of Naxxramas, and a fresh Ancient Watcher (not yet silenced). I had two Imps on the board and played Kife Juggler, Dire Wolf Alpha (first knife hits his Shade), Fame Imp (second knife kills his Shade), and Mistress of Pain (last knife snipes his Keeper). He couldn't recover from that swing.

Rapstah

Mana Addict is my favourite card. I wish it was more viable. It's a top tier 2-drop without any great decks to combo against. Miracle Paladin is almost viable against bad players in Casual, but against people who know what I'm trying to do I suspect they'd get rid of Thaurissan, the Gadgetzan Auctioneers and both Mana Addicts and I'd be left with a bunch of one-mana spells.

Levi

Banned
Couldn't lose yesterday. Can't win today. Actually won my first game vs zoo, but then dropped 4 in a row vs tempo mage, zoo, a mirror and warrior. The warrior game I drew so terribly I lost the will to continue. That should have been an easy win for me. Tempo mage and zoo are both bad match ups for me, and the paladin game came down to him drawing lay on hands late game when we were both in top deck mode.

Zoo has seemingly taken over ladder at my rank (10-11). I know if I counter pick it it'll disappear and the face hunters will come back, plus I don't actually know what's good against zoo because there was no one playing zoo when I started a few months ago.

Also my daily today is a 60 gold Paladin quest.

Ugh.

KePoW

Banned
what does the term "Miracle" refer to? some specific card in Hearthstone?

Or is it a term from other card games (I've never played any card games before HS)

Dahbomb

That 7/7 for 4 mana is a Face Hunter's wet dream. It's a pre nerf Leeroy that you can have two of in your deck and has one extra damage.

Yeah it's over powered as fuck.

KePoW

Banned
Couldn't lose yesterday. Can't win today. Actually won my first game vs zoo, but then dropped 4 in a row vs tempo mage, zoo, a mirror and warrior. The warrior game I drew so terribly I lost the will to continue. That should have been an easy win for me. Tempo mage and zoo are both bad match ups for me, and the paladin game came down to him drawing lay on hands late game when we were both in top deck mode.

Zoo has seemingly taken over ladder at my rank (10-11). I know if I counter pick it it'll disappear and the face hunters will come back, plus I don't actually know what's good against zoo because there was no one playing zoo when I started a few months ago

maybe a Legendary control Warrior, or some type of Priest??

Rapstah

what does the term "Miracle" refer to? some specific card in Hearthstone?

Or is it a term from other card games (I've never played any card games before HS)

It's apparently from a Magic: The Gathering deck called "Miracle Grow", which does seem to have some of the same ideas as Hearthstone miracle decks (make spells cheaper, have lots of cheap spells).

That 7/7 for 4 mana is a Face Hunter's wet dream. It's a pre nerf Leeroy that you can have two of in your deck and has one extra damage.

Yeah it's over powered as fuck.

Leeroy is almost entirely a finisher. You pretty much never see Leeroy before they put the final hit on you. This thing can be played whenever with no real downside. The other player can't let it live to the next turn, because it might get silenced so it can attack again, and the damn thing has 7 health, so it's pretty hard to take down without a removal spell or BGH. It has obscene stats for the cost on top of charge with a drawback that can be overcome or is irrelevant when used as a finisher. I fully expect to see Blizzard make it a Hunter class card and print it in the next expansion.

KePoW

Banned
Leeroy is almost entirely a finisher. You pretty much never see Leeroy before they put the final hit on you. This thing can be played whenever with no real downside. The other player can't let it live to the next turn, because it might get silenced so it can attack again, and the damn thing has 7 health, so it's pretty hard to take down without a removal spell or BGH. It has obscene stats for the cost on top of charge with a drawback that can be overcome or is irrelevant when used as a finisher. I fully expect to see Blizzard make it a Hunter class card and print it in the next expansion.

Can't you combo Leeroy with Unleash Hounds??

Can't you combo Leeroy with Unleash Hounds??

You can, and that's more than likely going to be the finishing blow. That's 6 attack from Leeroy and at least two hounds. It also costs 8 mana, so any Face Hunter decks will either finish with that play or lose on the next turn.

KePoW

Banned
You can, and that's more than likely going to be the finishing blow. That's 6 attack from Leeroy and at least two hounds. It also costs 8 mana, so any Face Hunter decks will either finish with that play or lose on the next turn.

ok kool, I'm strictly a Face Hunter player but don't have leeroy yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom