• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

Here's the photoshopped picture of Firebat that Kinguin are using:

firebatphotoshopped6zu3q.png

Okay, I see what they're going for, some sort of classy agent thing. Here's the photoshopped picture of Kolento:

kolentophotoshoppedw2ueb.png

What the hell? He looks like a generic bad guy model from an Uncharted game.

ViviOggi

Okay, I see what they're going for, some sort of classy agent thing. Here's the photoshopped picture of Kolento:

why the backpack lmao

embalm

I can't look at your deck list, but if it's Mech Mage and all you are missing are the 2 legendary cards, they aren't hard to fill in with other options. Those are the two best cards for the job, but to replace them you have to understand what they are doing.

Dr. Boom - An expensive card in mech mage. It exists to establish a strong board presence. It can be played while ahead or behind and in either situation it is a threat that must be dealt with. So you have to look through your deck and find a card that will try to fit those criteria. Note that bomb is popular because no other card does this job as well as him.
Loatheb(Leg) - He acts as a threat. He is cheaper so can be played faster. He protects your other minions from spells while ahead. He prevents the enemy from using spells for removal forcing them to trade if you're behind.
Sylvanus(Leg) - Acts as a threat. Expensive for the stats. Has limited use when ahead, but might prevent them from playing a single big minion. Great when you're behind, forces them to trade their entire board into Sylvanus or to try and ignore her and go for face damage.
Piloted Sky Golem(Epic) - Acts as a great threat. Has mech synergy. Is a sticky minion and trades 2 for 1 or better most of the time. Can close out games quickly when you're ahead. I think this is by far the best non-legendary option.
Sun Walker(Rare) - Acts as protection. Forces your enemy to deal with it before it can deal with other minions. Sometimes the enemy won't have an answer. It does no close out games, but can delay a round which is often enough for you to get the advantage.
Frost Elemental(Free) - Acts as threat. The freeze allows you to control the board for an additional turn.
Archmage(Free) - Not a threat, but a big enough body that it's often hard to deal with. The spell damage can also allow you to reach for lethal if you have spells.

Antonidas - His primary purpose is to add value to spare parts and act as a closer to finish the game on the next turn with Fire Balls.
Gadgetzan Auctioneer(Rare) - Makes use of the spare parts to draw into the rest of your deck. His body is smaller, but he makes use of the same ideas. By cycling through your deck you are drawing threats for the next turn which you will hopefully use to close out the game. Treat him as an end game option and only play him on a turn that you can combo him with drawing cards.
Gadgetzan is really good for this and is honestly a great substitution. He would be run in all mech mage decks if Antonidas didn't exist, but generating cards you want is better than drawing cards you may not want.

Levi

Banned
There are two reasons Dr. Boom should be a high priority craft. First, he improves (very nearly) any deck you make.

Second, if any legendary is going to be nerfed in the near future, it's going to be him, which means that it's possible you'll be able to improve your decks TODAY and then get a 1600 dust refund in the future.

Danj

I can't look at your deck list, but if it's Mech Mage and all you are missing are the 2 legendary cards, they aren't hard to fill in with other options. Those are the two best cards for the job, but to replace them you have to understand what they are doing.

Dr. Boom - An expensive card in mech mage. It exists to establish a strong board presence. It can be played while ahead or behind and in either situation it is a threat that must be dealt with. So you have to look through your deck and find a card that will try to fit those criteria. Note that bomb is popular because no other card does this job as well as him.
Loatheb(Leg) - He acts as a threat. He is cheaper so can be played faster. He protects your other minions from spells while ahead. He prevents the enemy from using spells for removal forcing them to trade if you're behind.
Sylvanus(Leg) - Acts as a threat. Expensive for the stats. Has limited use when ahead, but might prevent them from playing a single big minion. Great when you're behind, forces them to trade their entire board into Sylvanus or to try and ignore her and go for face damage.
Piloted Sky Golem(Epic) - Acts as a great threat. Has mech synergy. Is a sticky minion and trades 2 for 1 or better most of the time. Can close out games quickly when you're ahead. I think this is by far the best non-legendary option.
Sun Walker(Rare) - Acts as protection. Forces your enemy to deal with it before it can deal with other minions. Sometimes the enemy won't have an answer. It does no close out games, but can delay a round which is often enough for you to get the advantage.
Frost Elemental(Free) - Acts as threat. The freeze allows you to control the board for an additional turn.
Archmage(Free) - Not a threat, but a big enough body that it's often hard to deal with. The spell damage can also allow you to reach for lethal if you have spells.

Antonidas - His primary purpose is to add value to spare parts and act as a closer to finish the game on the next turn with Fire Balls.
Gadgetzan Auctioneer(Rare) - Makes use of the spare parts to draw into the rest of your deck. His body is smaller, but he makes use of the same ideas. By cycling through your deck you are drawing threats for the next turn which you will hopefully use to close out the game. Treat him as an end game option and only play him on a turn that you can combo him with drawing cards.
Gadgetzan is really good for this and is honestly a great substitution. He would be run in all mech mage decks if Antonidas didn't exist, but generating cards you want is better than drawing cards you may not want.

Need, got, need, need, need, got, got, need, need.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into that and see what I can do.

Dahbomb

Yeah Loatheb is really good in Mech Mage if you don't have Balanced/Antonidas.

Got a Pagle from a Pack today, was my second one. Fastest disenchant ever... that Pagle stood no fucking chance! At least I got enough dust for a new Legendary.

FINALLY AFTER 2 YEARS I HAVE ACQUIRED A SYLVANAS!!!

Eh, not as costly as people would have you believe. I just made a free to play EU account (to see if EU was really worse), and I've gotten to Rank 15 with a near basic Mage.
Maybe, but those two adventures tho, and I'm not sure whether the cards I have are enough to beat them (only have around 40 packs worth from 1.5 years ago).

Avinexus

Maybe, but those two adventures tho, and I'm not sure whether the cards I have are enough to beat them (only have around 40 packs worth from 1.5 years ago).

As far as the adventures go you can definitely beat them with basic cards. IF you need help there is a guy on Reddit that made weekly threads on how he beat each wing with basic cards.

Haunted

ROFL

He looks like a naughty schoolboy.

Kenaras

As far as the adventures go you can definitely beat them with basic cards. IF you need help there is a guy on Reddit that made weekly threads on how he beat each wing with basic cards.

Yeah, adventures are tuned to be beatable with nothing but basic cards. If you just want the card rewards you can copy decklists online, but I'd think building your own would be more enjoyable.

On the other hand, I wouldn't bother with heroics unless you have a decent collection available to you. Those are absolutely not tuned with basic cards in mind.

Rapstah

Yeah, adventures are tuned to be beatable with nothing but basic cards.

Was BRM also made with this in mind? I can't think of any fights where you would need a specific card to beat it at all on normal difficulty, but I also feel like everyone thought it was easier specifically because everyone who's in a position to compare has hundreds of cards more now than when Naxx came out.

Parshias7

I can never manage to sit through a tournament stream, because they always have matches with the worst the deck in Hearthstone.

Fuck Freeze Mage.

Do you guys have any cards that you don't use and like/don't want to dust?

I have a golden Cabal Shadow Priest, which is an awesome gold, but I don't play priest. I also don't want to dust Mogor the Ogre, Prophet Velen and Iron Juggernaut because I like them and hope they can be useful.

Tacitus_

That 60 life raid boss warrior though.

E: holy fuck, I was going through my cards and the druid card is not Dark Whispers, IT IS DARK WISPERS
and the text claims they fired the guy who named it :lol

Levi

Banned

I have a golden Cabal Shadow Priest, which is an awesome gold, but I don't play priest. I also don't want to dust Mogor the Ogre, Prophet Velen and Iron Juggernaut because I like them and hope they can be useful.

I have tons of crappy cards I won't dust, because my goal is to eventually complete the classic collection.

JesseZao

I can never manage to sit through a tournament stream, because they always have matches with the worst the deck in Hearthstone.

Fuck Freeze Mage.

Decisions and thinking ahead are fun. There's always a random control warrior that ruins our day, don't worry.

Hektor

Nope. My goal is to complete the entire collection of hearthstöne.
And i need only ~ 32000 more Dust to achieve that,

Rapstah

E: holy fuck, I was going through my cards and the druid card is not Dark Whispers, IT IS DARK WISPERS
and the text claims they fired the guy who named it :lol

IIRC the Russian translation has the "don't worry, we fired the guy who named this card" joke in the flavour text despite the card's name not being a pun in Russian. Kind of janky.

Fake cards. I wish they were smaller because I hate taking up an entire screen height as people scroll by, but the font seems to break when you resize them. Sorry.

07ccd906d5uw6.png
76319390a6u4u.png
517f9ad5k3uca.png
89925a51fouel.png

The card text on Sodium Elementalist is kind of janky because it has to count both Crackle, Lightning Storm and Fireguard Destroyer (and that one card Elite Tauren Chieftain can give you, but come on).

Levi

Banned
You guys are nuts. Was trying to do that to but gave up on legendaries

I'm 11 legendaries and 1 epic away. Not spending any money on the game for a while as I'm currently unemployed, but I do use all my gold on classic packs, as each one gets me a little more dust and a small possibility to pull one of the cards I'm missing.

It'll be a long time before I finish if I stay F2P.

Haunted

Nope. My goal is to complete the entire collection of hearthstöne.
And i need only ~ 32000 more Dust to achieve that,

Code:
682 of 850 Cards Collected		

Percent Complete                80,24%	
Dust Needed	                102600	
Est. Packs Needed:		1283
Est. Real World $ Needed:	$1.603,13
Est. Days of Grinding Gold:	1832,14
;_;

CoolOff

lol @ Sodium Elementalist.

What absolutely destroys the new kind of Zoo? I've been having great success with Freeze Mage but I want variety.

Pretty satisfying when playing against a priest in arena and you get to waste his Dark Cultist's deathrattle. That thing can be such a game changer

Levi

Banned
Dank Warrior

People must be really bad at playing Patron Warrior ( I assume that's what you mean) because I'm playing Kolento's zoo list (Malganis, Sea Giant, Boom at the top end) and I'm undefeated against patron warrior this season.

Freeze mage is also been 50/50. The only thing to keep in mind is not to use all 7 spots on the board so you can play your owl or charge minions for lethal if they use Frost Nova or Blizzard after you've popped their secrets.

Maybe it's just that I'm around rank 11-12 so the level of play isn't that high but I'm really surprised to see you saying "Dank" Warrior is a good pick vs zoo.

Xanathus

People must be really bad at playing Patron Warrior ( I assume that's what you mean) because I'm playing Kolento's zoo list (Malganis, Sea Giant, Boom at the top end) and I'm undefeated against patron warrior this season.

Freeze mage is also been 50/50. The only thing to keep in mind is not to use all 7 spots on the board so you can play your owl or charge minions for lethal if they use Frost Nova or Blizzard after you've popped their secrets.

Maybe it's just that I'm around rank 11-12 so the level of play isn't that high but I'm really surprised to see you saying "Dank" Warrior is a good pick vs zoo.
Patron Warrior is very favored vs zoo assuming you survive to turn 6+ because it's generally a win for Warrior from then on. However it highly depends on Patron Warrior playing correctly and not getting burst down before or shortly after it regains board control.

TheMink

I dont really know why i will go on 7 win streaks then lose 4 in a row. I sometimes think "oh i could have made better decisions" but other times im just sorta like "i lost at turn one." I did just get some of the more important 4 and below drop cards for my mid ranged paladin. So maybe taking better control of the early game will help.

Im at 16-17 which is the highest ive ever gotten, but this the first real season ive played.

I think ive realaized that creating threats is as good as putting a taunt character down. See what my opponent is willing to spend on getting rid of a +4 +4 silver knight.

But im looking for tips, particularly againts warlocks and mages. I typically get overwhelmed by warlocks, and dropped early by mages. Other times i win by the skin of my teeth.

Sorry about the way this post is written i was just thinking and typing.

Magnus

http://www.pcgamer.com/meet-the-guy-who-spent-3200-on-hearthstone-packs-in-one-night/

I dig the guy's mantra - life really IS short - spend money on what you love if you can afford it. But damn. I like golden cards alright, but not enough to blow dust on them, never mind money.

I've thrown a bunch of money at this game to get a great spread of cards and be able to build 80% of decks out there....but the cost:benefit ratio of getting golden cards is totally outta whack imo.

Dahbomb

I believe [Hearthstone pro] Reynad said on his stream last night that college education was a waste... I should note my job would not be possible without my masters degree.
LMAO @ Reynad...

Also this guy is a scumbag gold portrait farmer:

The past few seasons I have been "farming" rank 20 for gold portraits.

And he plays Hunter? DOUBLE SCUMBAG!

JesseZao

I can't help but add fake cards, too. Lock secrets! (I wanted to make the Fel Hunter prevent the Battlecry, but I don't know if they'd allow that interaction)

They should all be spells >_>

The temptress could be changed to when a 4+atk minion attacks, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom