• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Against Mech Mage you need to get weapons in your Mulligan and against Face Hunter you have to race them with stuff like Corsairs/weapons/Frothing Berserker. Also double Armorsmith is still essential for the deck to survive aggro.

I had to play 20 games with the deck to get a grip with the deck. Too used to play Control Warrior and used to having high armor to work with.

Two cards with Grim Patron never just wins you the match.

I never said just getting the combo wins you the game outright. And I am thinking more along the lines of just getting death's bite into grim patron. That is a combo by turn 5, which if it goes unanswered, then yes you probably have just won the game off 2 cards. Because you easily snowball from there.

FON+SR is quite different. Totally different. Not even sure why you bother to compare them and say one is balanced.

Ferrio

Banned
Starting to really fucking hate Dr. Boom, and remembering why I stopped playing this game. I hate when legendarys are good no matter what deck you stick them in.

Kornflayx

I had actually already used my MC on the Tirion earlier in the game, so apparently the Paladin thought he was safe (if you're wondering why it went on that long given those moves, he had an extremely strong turns 4-8 and I was way behind and had to very gradually work my way back in).

My favorite thing about priest is stealing the opponents cards. I'd really like to try a deck that has 2x mind vision, 2x thought steal, 2x shadow madness, 2x cabal shadowpriest, and 2x mind control. I'm sure it wouldn't be particularly good, but it would be fun to steal half an opponent's deck.

And that's exactly why Priest is normally auto concede for me. There's no fun in losing to someone, who only won because they stole all the good cards. Because they can't win otherwise. *forever salty*

zoukka

Starting to really fucking hate Dr. Boom, and remembering why I stopped playing this game. I hate when legendarys are good no matter what deck you stick them in.

Best thing about boom is that every deck runs one BGH that's supposed to be a specialized counter card instead of a deck staple. This in turn makes every card with 7 attack automatically worse than they really are since there's no chance your opponent isn't playing at least one BGH.

Blizzard pls, people have bought enough GvG just nerf the fucking card already.

Acinixys

Just played against an unstable portal Mage

Gets King Crush

I manage to kill two but he had two Duplicates up

Concede because not a fuck can I kill 4 KKs in a row

Xanathus

Cardbacks, Cardbacks, is there still anybody who doesnt own a Cardback?
Blizzard is creatively bankrupt, even the Hearthstone Mount for Heroes of the Storm is a fucking Cardback.
http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/893-new-heroes-of-the-storm-themed-card-back

Why dont we got alternative Cardart, Heroportraits or Manacrystals?
So uh, what's the fastest way to get to level 12 in Heroes of the Storm? Kappa

edit: apparently it's around 33 matches if you play with a friend for every match, which is about 8+ hours. ehhhhhhh

Acinixys

So uh, what's the fastest way to get to level 12 in Heroes of the Storm? Kappa

edit: apparently it's around 33 matches if you play with a friend for every match, which is about 8+ hours. ehhhhhhh

Its a pretty fun game

Very noob friendly, but a good way to waste 25 minutes if you have nothing else to play

Rapstah

A Patron warrior started his big turn 8 by throwing out Patron, then Warsong.

Instantly conceded.

I've never seen a deck do so badly at low ranks and so well at high ranks.

And that's exactly why Priest is normally auto concede for me. There's no fun in losing to someone, who only won because they stole all the good cards. Because they can't win otherwise. *forever salty*

There is nothing more demoralising in arena than knowing you have good cards in your draft, but then never actually seeing them until a Priest plays them against you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am so fucking happy that I started playing Heroes of the Storm yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it - so this card back is mine!

XJkWFul.jpg

ViviOggi

I just had a pretty great arena deck, and I ran into 3 twelve win decks in a row. I guess that's why I haven't played arena in a while.
It happens but when you let a single one of those runs discourage you, stop playing arena for weeks and then come back chances are you'll have another bad one and the cycle continues. It's healthier to just chalk it up to variance and go next, that is if you generally find the mode enjoyable of course.

How do you guys work around countering Grim Patron? I still feel like I'm about 50/50 when I go against it so I'm looking for some tips with any kind of deck.

TheChaos0

I feel disgusted playing this arena deck.
The best I had in MONTHS. My last few were utter rubbish.

Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2005-09-15%2014.59.13_zpswrl1c4n1.jpg

Full list:

arena090515_zpssnhuao9n.jpg

QKbckM8.gif

I'm going to take a break.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
3 Fireballs
3 Polymorphs
3 Flamestrikes
Dr. Boom
Emperor

The fuck, man.

So, you can't spectate while playing on a phone? Or am I blind/dumb?

Had to boot up my PC first time in months for this quest.

Edit. Nevermind, you need to be invited it seems

Special C

Do we have good stats on the odds of getting rares, epics, and legendaries in a pack?

I'd like to create a collection algorithm for the two sets thats based on how many packs you need and not just how much dust it would take the craft everything. It further complicated by the fact that GvG has a much higher common card ratio.

Rapstah

Do we have good stats on the odds of getting rares, epics, and legendaries in a pack?

I'd like to create a collection algorithm for the two sets thats based on how many packs you need and not just how much dust it would take the craft everything. It further complicated by the fact that GvG has a much higher common card ratio.

GvG packs and normal packs have the same probabilities for everything. There are some percentages here.

Avinexus

I am so fucking happy that I started playing Heroes of the Storm yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it - so this card back is mine!

XJkWFul.jpg

Any seasons Heroes of the Storm vet know how long it takes to get to level 12? I have the game but found it to be crap after playing a couple games and uninstalled. Wanna know how much time needs to be put in to get this cardback.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Any seasons Heroes of the Storm vet know how long it takes to get to level 12? I have the game but found it to be crap after playing a couple games and uninstalled. Wanna know how much time needs to be put in to get this cardback.
I've played it around 10 hours now and I'm level 10 (lost like 60% of the games as well).

It should take the average player around 12-15 hours.

ViviOggi

Priest is so fucking ass in arena if you don't get PW:S or Velen's, shit clears, shit removals how are people ranking this as high tier

I'm done with this trash class, worse results than with Warrior tbh

Raxus

Priest is so fucking ass in arena if you don't get PW:S or Velen's, shit clears, shit removals how are people ranking this as high tier

I'm done with this trash class, worse results than with Warrior tbh

lol

Priest is still top tier if you draft it right. Velen's and the new Dragonkin Sorcerer are a large reason it got pushed to top tier too. Even without those I have done decently just by getting a bunch of big minions to outvalue my opponent.
Got Flame Leviathan in a pack from arena. Just dust it right?
Are you aching for a top tier legendary or epics? If the answer is yes, then dust. If no, then why waste the legendary?

ViviOggi

lol

Priest is still top tier if you draft it right. Velen's and the new Dragonkin Sorcerer are a large reason it got pushed to top tier too. Even without those I have done decently just by getting a bunch of big minions to outvalue my opponent.

Velen's is literally what I mentioned and Sorcerer depends on getting the aforementioned buffs in the first place. Yes they're common but with the size of the current card pool that doesn't guarantee anything. If you can't draft them, don't draw them early or miss a single 1-2-3-drop good luck catching up because without the board your hero power becomes almost as useless as Warrior's, Nova is slow as hell and SW:D/P are conditional 1-for-1s ineffective when behind on board.

Even if my past drafts have been unlucky I'll rather take my chances with classes that have versatile hero powers and don't depend on getting two specific cards to work at all.

Dahbomb

Priest's heal is amazing for Arena, you get repetitive value from your big minions. They also have Dark Cultist, an amazing 3 drop and of course 1 drop into Velen's is usually GG. Priest also happens to counter Mage because they can somewhat negate the Mage hero power to keep their minions alive.

And aww shiieet Challengestone today!

Dahbomb

7 mana Pyroblasts.....

This tournament is already amazing! That Sylvanas Fireball play won him the game!

Actually let me rephrase that... getting Sylvanas from Unstable Portal won him the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom