• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
Not broken, but not fun at all

This meta is so boring, feels like I've been playing against face hunters forever.

Fuck patron warriors too.

Yes, I'm done with ranked until they nerf one those two decks into oblivion. I can't stand facing nothing but hunter and patron warrior over and over and over and over. I just do my dailies in casual, BM the shit out of any dumb asses playing those two decks in casual, and do arenas when I have the gold.

ViviOggi

salty.gif

Yeah, I don't really get any enjoyment out of playing this game anymore. Large majority of decks are aggro because Blizzard fucked up and made way too many ridiculously powerful low mana cards. Because of that I never expect things to change. It'll just go from one super powerful aggro deck to the next with a few random combo decks thrown in.

Raxus

You guys realize the second they nerf Patron or face hunter that warlock will just return in full force. Gripes aside this is the most variety we have had in some time without major nerfs.

The next major nerf(s) will be Boom and MAYBE Emperor. Some new cards are needed to bring some classes back to prominence, namely shaman which has almost completely disappeared from the meta.

Dahbomb

As long as Dr GG gets the stick I am fine.

Against Hunter all you need is to put out an expansion that just puts in slower, more board control minions into the game. Stuff like Dark Iron Skulker is a good idea but it needs to come out earlier for other classes. GvG basically just introduced a fuck ton of efficient low cost minions without really introducing any good counters (I know Scarlet Purifier and Lil Exorcists are supposed to be these cards but they are too reactive).

I like the idea of stuff that takes away Deathrattle or counters it. Would be cool to have a reverse undertaker card.

2 mana 2/3 When your opponent summons a Deathrattle minion gain +1 health and taunt.

or

2 mana 2/3 When your opponent summons a Deathrattle minion, gain +3 health.

This way you can put these cards out early and then it's the opponent who has to react to it.

Raxus

As long as Dr GG gets the stick I am fine.

GG getting the stick would be great since control will be relatively unaffected and rush wouldn't run him. It would also lessen the need for a god damn BGH in nearly every deck.

The biggest problem I have with rush in general at this point is how much silence benefits them and how little it benefits high end decks (handlock aside). Often I am STRUGGLING to budget my silences on my minions while the second I play down sludge belcher, BAM silenced and face.

Dahbomb

Dr Boom would have to receive a heavy nerf for him to be removed from decks. If they reduced the damage of Bots from 1-4 to 1-3 I would STILL run him in every single one of my decks.

Edit: I realized I messed up and called him Boom instead of Balanced. He will be Dr Boom when he's nerfed... until then he's Dr Balanced.

embalm

I'm going to have to track my opponents, I hardly saw any Hunters last night. I saw multiple Freeze/Tempo/Mech Mage, Control/Patron Warrior, and Druid.

I think Freeze mage is my most hated deck. Unless your deck has crazy burst or they draw poorly, you're screwed.

I'm going to have to track my opponents, I hardly saw any Hunters last night. I saw multiple Freeze/Tempo/Mech Mage, Control/Patron Warrior, and Druid.

I think Freeze mage is my most hated deck. Unless your deck has crazy burst or they draw poorly, you're screwed.

I played against a rush Paladin last night with my Freeze Mage. He let Emperor Balance sit on the board for three turns. He got me down to 2 health, and all I had on the board was the Emperor and an Ice Barrier. He played a Knife Juggler and 3 minions. If two of those knives hit my face, I would have died, but the Emperor took the hits for me. I escaped his turn with one health left and then played Alexstrasza and Healbot to put me back up to 23 health with another 8 on the way next time he went face. He conceded a few turns later when I dropped a 4 mana Antonidas and dumped a bunch of free spells to load up on Fireballs.

Kssio_Aug

After playing some HotS I'm interested in Hearthstone again. So please, give me some nice noob tips cause I still get myself beaten a lot by the normal difficulty training heroes. lol (besides irc I've unlocked them all already).

I believe my biggest issue is actually making a decent deck!

I run kezan mystic for the sole purpose of beating freeze mage cause I hate playing them and am super salty if they beat me.

Raxus

With all these talks about nerfs I am surprised Mad Scientist gets a free pass. Let's look at the decks he benefits. Hunter, Mage and Paladin. Out of the three he gives value or more than value for 2 out the 3 and lo and behold they are the best rush decks out there. To add insult to injury he filters their decks so they have better draws as well. Traps need to go to the hand. Not on the board.

Kezan comes out WAAAAAY too late to counter this and we don't have a card that just outright destroys traps (that isn't class specific). We really need a Harrison for traps. This last part is just me ranting though. Mad Scientist and Dr. Balanced are my top priorities for nerfs.

Minor card nerfs. Leper gnome. I'd make it a 1/1 that way he isn't a free 2 damage on the board no matter what you do. Not to mention there are cards WAAAAY worse than him that either cost more or have lesser stats despite having an equal effect.

clav

Kezan comes out WAAAAAY too late to counter this and we don't have a card that just outright destroys traps (that isn't class specific). We really need a Harrison for traps. This last part is just me ranting though. Mad Scientist and Dr. Balanced are my top priorities for nerfs.

Yeah this game needs a legendary for secrets just like how there is weapon removal.

inky

And Kezan is countered by another Kezan, which some of those decks already include anyway, lol.

With all these talks about nerfs I am surprised Mad Scientist gets a free pass. Let's look at the decks he benefits. Hunter, Mage and Paladin. Out of the three he gives value or more than value for 2 out the 3 and lo and behold they are the best rush decks out there. To add insult to injury he filters their decks so they have better draws as well. Traps need to go to the hand. Not on the board.

Minor card nerfs. Leper gnome. I'd make it a 1/1 that way he isn't a free 2 damage on the board no matter what you do. Not to mention there are cards WAAAAY worse than him that either cost more or have lesser stats despite having an equal effect.

Kezan is a weird card because it's meant to be a counter to secrets, but it actually works better as a means to protect your own secrets since you still can get all the benefits of stealing the other player's secrets (if they have them) while being able to steal your own back if they get taken. It would be like if Harrison stole weapons instead of breaking them, it would actually benefit weapon classes more than anyone else since they can put weapons to better use and they could make sure that their own weapons stayed relatively safe. Paladins would basically be forced to run it to protect Ashbringer. Actually, a Rogue legendary that steals weapons would be an awesome card.

Volimar

Please check one:

• You only won because you are playing a lame netdeck.
  • You only won because you are playing a weird deck nobody plays.
  • You only won because you got really lucky.
  • You only won because I got really unlucky

You only won because you probably spent like $200 on packs.

ViviOggi

୧༼ಠ益▀ ༽୨ ☑ “Tis scallywag's deck be kookoo bananas!” ☑ “Me deck can nae scourge tis deck!” ☑ “Tis swab needed precisely them cards to send me deck to Davy Jones’ locker.” ☑ “He top-pillaged th' only card on the high seas that could best me.” ☑ “Thar was naught I could do.” ☑ “I weathered that perfectly” ☑ ୧༼ಠ益▀ ༽୨

Tomcat

୧༼ಠ益▀ ༽୨ ☑ “Tis scallywag's deck be kookoo bananas!” ☑ “Me deck can nae scourge tis deck!” ☑ “Tis swab needed precisely them cards to send me deck to Davy Jones’ locker.” ☑ “He top-pillaged th' only card on the high seas that could best me.” ☑ “Thar was naught I could do.” ☑ “I weathered that perfectly” ☑ ୧༼ಠ益▀ ༽୨

Kripp edition? lol

Tacitus_

Yes, I'm done with ranked until they nerf one those two decks into oblivion. I can't stand facing nothing but hunter and patron warrior over and over and over and over. I just do my dailies in casual, BM the shit out of any dumb asses playing those two decks in casual, and do arenas when I have the gold.

Yeah, I don't really get any enjoyment out of playing this game anymore. Large majority of decks are aggro because Blizzard fucked up and made way too many ridiculously powerful low mana cards. Because of that I never expect things to change. It'll just go from one super powerful aggro deck to the next with a few random combo decks thrown in.

MY OPPONENTS ARE PLAYING TO WIN

But seriously, you sound more saltier than Kripp.

Oh goddammit. Two games in a row, my first 5 cards all were from the end of my curve. I wonder how it is even possible with a curve like this
xVB5Z2j.png

E: Brawl in a patron warrior? wat

Brawl is a death knell to us zoolocks :(

On the subject of aggro, I think they ought to raise the hero health to 35 or something. Maybe 40. Would help control be more viable again.

ZZMitch

Is anyone else having an issue spectating players?

The people on my friends list in game say "Heading into Play Mode" and I can't join their game or anything.

I got a quest to complete here Blizzard! :p

manhack

I think people just, by nature don't like losing.

Unfortunately, this game, and the way the meta stabilizes really only allows for you to win 50% of the time as an average player.

Even the best of the best players lose plenty of games.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Brawl is a death knell to us zoolocks :(

On the subject of aggro, I think they ought to raise the hero health to 35 or something. Maybe 40. Would help control be more viable again.

No.

The starting health is a fundamental part of the design of the game. What do you think happens to direct damage spells like Fireball and Pyroblast if Health goes up?

Alexstrasza? Rag?

Hell, Warlock would need a total rebalancing because having 10 more health to work with is a huge boon given their hero power.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I have been running 1x Brawl in my Patron Warrior for a while now (ended Rank 10 last season, so YMMV). It has been really nice for letting hunters/locks over extend into.

They see my first few plays. Realize what I'm playing and think they know the entire deck, and proceed to flood the board if I have a bad start. Turn 5 they have 3-4-5 guys on the board and get completely wrecked. Zoolock and Hunter in particular really gets hurt if you can break their board. They are close to running out of steam on 5, and if you clear the board there and drop a taunt (free pirate says hello!) they are on the defensive now. Which is basically a win for you since those decks don't have a lot of ways to clear your side once "EVERYONE, GET IN HERE" reaches singularity.

JesseZao

Those TV ads are great. Wonder if it's the start of the movie marketing ramp-up strategy. I have to imagine they want all of the cross promotion they can get and Hearthstone is their best bet at getting fresh eyes on the brand. I won't be surprised if at least 2 of the next 3 expansions are tied to movie content/lore somehow.

Dahbomb

The day I got my Kezan Mystic Kezan Mystic'd I instantly removed it from my decks. Fuck that card.

The only change to secrets that is needed is a change to Mad Scientist. By themselves Secrets are fine.

LMAO @ top pillaged!

The day I got my Kezan Mystic Kezan Mystic'd I instantly removed it from my decks. Fuck that card.

The only change to secrets that is needed is a change to Mad Scientist. By themselves Secrets are fine.

LMAO @ top pillaged!

Thats how I felt about Fel Reaver. Fuck that card, never again.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So i was up vs a druid and i had the choice to trade a 1 health cenarius for his healbot clearing his board leaving me with only a 2 hp shade, i had exactly 7 hp and the only thing that could kill me was a second swipe which i thought was unlikely since he had zero cards in his hand. He then topdecked the second swipe killing me, now my question is would you have traded the cenarius? In hindsight that was clearly a misplay on my part but i honestly thought he would trade for me since he was getting below 10 hp.

Levi

Banned
MY OPPONENTS ARE PLAYING TO WIN

But seriously, you sound more saltier than Kripp.

MY OPPONENTS ARE BORING AS HELL TO PLAY AGAINST

AINT NO ONE GOT TIME FOR THAT

(you'll have to imagine the babyrage emotes, i can't be arsed to add them in)

I'm 3-1 against stupid ass face hunters today (in cazj) but it's so boring. I have to alt tab out of the game and read reddit just to stop myself from falling asleep. Bonus: I rope every turn and waste their time. Don't even feel bad because they decided to waste my time when they picked face hunter and hit play the same time I did. Fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom