• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Man my flamewaker hates me. Out of 6 damage he goes 5 to face and the 2/2 shade survives. Luckily the druid unstealthed it the next turn but goddamn.

Danj

I am the 40%.

tkR8XWb.jpg

Xanathus

Hahahaha holy shit, I just found a hard counter for hunter and grim patron warrior. I'm keeping it a secret for now though it's not actually a new deck.

Spl1nter

So the spectator packs must have a crazy legendary roll rate. I think I have had 4 or 5 lifetime and have gotten 2 legendaries so far. Dont know if I will use Onyxia, but I am not interested in dusting dragons.

gutshot

That feel when your first arena opponent has the classic cardback and plays coin > nothing on turn 1.

Those 0-0 arena matches are always fun.

Danj

Still incredibly difficult to get off the mark at the beginning of the season, even with Face Hunter. Briefly got to rank 19 but am back to rank 20 again already.

Been watching Hafu recently after watching other streamers for a last few weeks and she's explaining her draft choices and plays a lot more. She used to only do an "educational" draft every once in a while but now it's almost all the time. Anyone who wants to learn what cards to pick and when/why to play them should tune in.

http://www.twitch.tv/itshafu

Agraavan

Been watching Hafu recently after watching other streamers for a last few weeks and she's explaining her draft choices and plays a lot more. She used to only do an "educational" draft every once in a while but now it's almost all the time. Anyone who wants to learn what cards to pick and when/why to play them should tune in.

Yeah, and on every turn she goes through all the different possibilities and outcomes to determine the best play. I really like her stream.

clav

I like hsdogdog when he plays because he actually explains his thought processes aloud.

Too bad he doesn't stream often.

Xater

I have watched her in the past when Hearthstone was still very new and she didn't do it that much back then. Sounds like her stream improved a lot. Will check it out again then.

Cat Party

If you're a F2P player your dust is at a premium. I wouldn't spend it willy nilly on a rare that you'll probably open in a pack later anyway. Save your dust for epics and legendaries.
But you need many of those rares just to be competitive. I'd spend the dust on the cards you need for a deck, rares included, rather than sit on your dust until you have the 1600 needed for the good doctor. It's easier to earn more dust when you're winning more.

clav

Yeah, and on every turn she goes through all the different possibilities and outcomes to determine the best play. I really like her stream.

The constant donation + subscriber alerts distract the educational aspect. I think she can learn something from Trump to dedicate a certain time period for those things.

Yeah, dog is great about that, so is Hyped. Hyped explains almost all of his plays in terms of the next 3+ turns that he expects.

I like Hyped, too.

Tubie

So I had about 10 life left, this rogue had like 5, but I have a board full of minions. I'm thinking I'm about to win as soon as his turn is over because he had no minions left and just an assassin's blade for offense. He kills my Piloted Shredder and that brings out a fucking Doomsayer that wipes my own board as soon as my turn started... Rogue then buffs his weapon and proceeds to kill me 2 turns later.

I'm still in disbelief. This game man, sometimes it's hilariously shocking.

iirate

Just drafted this beast. Highest Tier Score I think I've gotten.

Also, a few games ago I had a Piloted Sky Golumn summon a Piloted Shreddar.

I haven't played for a month or so, but my last draft was a control mage with a 68.1 tier score.

Honestly, I've never felt like that score was too indicative of deck quality. I've had low score runs that did very well and high score runs that struggled. This last run was very average despite the score being ridiculously high.

Dahbomb

I only had the option to pick it once, and HearthArena strongly suggested a second Blessing of Kings.
The fuck?

That's an example of Heartharena putting too much emphasis on synergy. There's no way you pick Blessing of Kings over Consecrate in that situation when it's your first pick.

inky

Not picking AoE because a drafting site told you to is the Hearthstone equivalent of following your GPS off a cliff.

bjaelke

Just drafted this beast. Highest Tier Score I think I've gotten.

Also, a few games ago I had a Piloted Sky Golumn summon a Piloted Shreddar.

I regret not tracking my arena games from the start. Find the statistics (win%, coin etc.) quite interesting and it's nice to see improvements with one class.

Ok, can't complain too much. Got wrecked by a Warlock running Twisting Nether, Mistress of Pain, double demonheart the MiP and faceless, then Argus.

Never seen that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom