• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuroNeeko

got my 5th bane of doom, any chance they'll re nerf it?
cheeky.gif

1jdBklR.png

Looks pretty good in gold, though!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been getting nothing but Warlocks and whatever stupid Secret Mage deck is trending on Twitch.

Play of the week:

Patron Warrior vs Handlock

Him: Molten Giant (9/8 and Taunt), Defender of Argus, Jaraxxus Mode
Me: Deathbite (2)

Deathbite into Molten Giant (leaving me at 5)
Warsong Commander
Grim Patron
Whirlwind
Run 3/2 Patron into Giant
Run 3/3 Patron into Defender of Argus

His turn:
Malganis
Attacks the 3/1 Patron (WTF???)

My Turn:
Frothing Berserker
Cruel Taskmaster on the 3/3 Patron
Run 5/2 and 3/3 Patron into Malganist
Deathbite face triggering Deathrattle
Frothing Berserker to face for lethal

Don't leave Warsong Commander alive guys, it's the cornerstone of Patron Warrior.

Tacitus_

Oh goddammit. Two games in a row, my first 5 cards all were from the end of my curve. I wonder how it is even possible with a curve like this
xVB5Z2j.png

E: Brawl in a patron warrior? wat

ViviOggi

Oh goddammit. Two games in a row, my first 5 cards all were from the end of my curve. I wonder how it is even possible with a curve like this
xVB5Z2j.png

E: Brawl in a patron warrior? wat
That's been a thing for a while, helps against flood decks and gives you a significant edge in the mirror.

SteveWD40

Missed lethal in an arena match today, my own fault for playing at 7am. He was on 2HP and I used my flame elemental battle-cry to kill a minion...

I couldn't even face conceding, just walked off let him have his glory.

Tacitus_

Doesn't seem that hunter dominated tbh. From the last 50 games, I've faced both druids and hunters as much

5sJZ6ZM.png

note to self: consider subbing a kezan to fuck secrets

ViviOggi

Yeah between Face, Hybrid and Midrange Hunter plus Freeze and shitty Tempo Mages there's no way I don't run Kezan in every deck that can afford a tech slot

FeD.nL

Doesn't seem that hunter dominated tbh. From the last 50 games, I've faced both druids and hunters as much

5sJZ6ZM.png

note to self: consider subbing a kezan to fuck secrets

Yup gonna do the same, just started laddering and already got enough of secrets.

Edit: Thought let's make a card that punishes a good amount of sticky minions

lduaIYV.png

You could also target your own Tirion when he has swung in for 6 and then use this guy to give yourself the sword and Swing for 5, not that you would want to do that but there might be situations for lethal.

Was playing as priest in the arena and lo and behold when I played thoughtsteal it only gave me 1 card, a single 1 mana card, I swear this game does everything to screw over me.

Alrus

Was playing as priest in the arena and lo and behold when I played thoughtsteal it only gave me 1 card, a single 1 mana card, I swear this game does everything to screw over me.

Well if you used Thoughtsteal when your opponent only has one card left in his deck that's normal...

Well if you used Thoughtsteal when your opponent only has one card left in his deck that's normal...

He had 4, I was holding only 5 and It was actually just the 3rd turn with only 3 available mana crystals, I had a shieldmasta from previous draw and when thoughtsteal was played all I got from him was powerword: shield (He was also a priest) I did a quick search and it appears it has happened to others as well.

He had 4, I was holding only 5 and It was actually just the 3rd turn with only 3 available mana crystals, I had a shieldmasta from previous draw and when thoughtsteal was played all I got from him was powerword: shield (He was also a priest) I did a quick search and it appears it has happened to others as well.

You sure it wasn't Mind Vision? That copies a single card from the opponent's hand.

ViviOggi

sounds more like you were tilting and, as you were both playing priest, confused one of the stolen cards with one of your own tbh

Lumine

So I just played a Dragon Paladin who had 2 Nefarians and I cannot figure out how he could've gotten the 2nd. Anyone have any ideas? He played them both from hand, so no faceless involved.
edit: Nevermind I just remembered he played a Chromaggus earlier!

I think it's fun. It's almost viable in some beast decks, not to mention most mill decks (although mill decks themselves aren't really viable).

I now have Ragnaros, Dr Boom and Mukla

I really don't stick to one playstyle so I'll see how much I use Mr Gorilla before dusting it (I have a gold Earth Elemental that I could also dust and get a different legendary)

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Edit: Thought let's make a card that punishes a good amount of sticky minions

That is absolutely disgusting against sylvanas or Savannah higmane. Also pretty insane against piloted shredder. That card is even crazier than something like Cabal Shadow Priest. Pretty broken.

Heh, had to throw a warrior deck together for a quest and stuck King Mukla in it, he is pretty deadly when you play him on turn 2 or 3 lol

I also forgot how many warrior epics I had, been so long since I tried a warrior deck

Special C

I would use heartharena if it wasn't so darn tedious (especially on tablets). I wish they would find a way to integrate with the game client or partner up with hearthstone deck tracker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom