• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Patrons usually play 2 executes which are their sole hard removal. Full health blademasters/twilight drakes wreck them hard if they don't draw into them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wouldn't it be for their Overwatch their game?

Hearthstone is on here: http://www.blizzgc.com/

blizzardgamescomnvuxy.png

And in the original announcement back in April:
The developer will be set up in Hall 7 and those who stop by will be able to get hands-on with the latest content for Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, StarCraft 2: Legacy of the Void, Overwatch and World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/04/23/hearthstone-starcraft-2-overwatch-gamescom-2015/

That said, it's hard to explain just how large a number 500 demo stations is. It's very likely they have a new product announcement beyond even just content updates.

Back in 2011, EA - at the time a 10,000 person company with 8+ games on the showfloor including a 64 player Battlefield 3 setup and a 36 player SWTOR setup - only had 350 demo stations. This was considered abnormally large enough for a company their size to put out a special press release.

Copenap

Patron is fine. Everyone needs to get their heads out of their asses and adapt to the meta. Rogue does excellently against patron and I see so many players doing dumb shit like dealing 1 damage to warrior and giving them extra cards to draw or to play some random crap minions to boost their patrons and frothings. Adapt and stop whining. Also embrace loatheb.
While I don't necessarely disagree with you there are very strong similarities with Buzzard/UTH Hunter in that you couldn't flood the board or the combo will kill you (now a Berserker will otk you) and if you don't pressure enough they just kill you over time (or now they have plenty of time to find double combo). And since they nerved UTH Hunter I would expect them to ultimately do the same with Patron Warrior.

Haunted

I've been insta-squelching for a while now but playing without sound entirely is another massive qol improvement

No more overly dramatic hero death screams
No more what to do what to do, I wonder, HRRRMMMMMMRM
No more I FEEL ICKY
No more I SMELL BLOOD
No more HIUEHIUEAEAEHEIUHEIUHEIUEHUEHEUAHUIEAHIUEAHUIAE
No more SWOOSH
No more FSSST---BOOM

Holy fuck this is the truth
If I can't hear a gnome saying put this apple on your head, why am I even playing this game at all.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Haven't played ranked in a long time so I am deranked to 25. Almost feels bad beating noobs with all my legendaries. Almost...

gutshot

Just roflstomped some Mage after I got Tundra Rhino out on turn 4. Turns out being able give every single creature in your deck charge is really good.

traveler

Not Wario
Hearthstone is on here: http://www.blizzgc.com/

And in the original announcement back in April:

That said, it's hard to explain just how large a number 500 demo stations is. It's very likely they have a new product announcement beyond even just content updates.

Back in 2011, EA - at the time a 10,000 person company with 8+ games on the showfloor including a 64 player Battlefield 3 setup and a 36 player SWTOR setup - only had 350 demo stations. This was considered abnormally large enough for a company their size to put out a special press release.

Blizzard's cycles seemed to have all converged this year. The time is right for new WoW, Diablo, and Hearthstone expansions. Add to that the fact that Overwatch and Legacy of the Void need even more attention as they near beta/release, and the release cycle the Heroes team wants to maintain, and Blizzard has 6 properties they have to manage between Gamescom and Blizzcon. I would assume that they want to get one of the big two announcements- D3 expac or WoW expac- out of the way at Gamescom so they don't have 2 brand new titles fighting for attention at Blizzcon. A hearthstone expac reveal at Gamescom followed by a lot of card spoilers + design deep dive and a tease at the next adventure we'll get next year at Blizzcon seems appropriate too.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Awww yiss, the webspinner class challenge in Naxx was one of my favourites, this should be fun.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I've never seen so many Captain's Parrots, damn RNG.

2 games in a row I've got like 3 of them, and my opponent got Gahzrilla.

Well, just drew 3 spinners and whirlwind on first hand so this might be fun. Really enjoying the brawl though, enough randomness but not broken.

Dahbomb

I think everyone should be playing either Warlock or Mage in this Tavern Brawl.

Warlock for the card draw hero power to zerg your opponent and Mage for the hero power and change to get stuff like Blizzard/Flamestrike.

Classes with easy way to deal with the 1 health minions are generally good in this like Druid.

gutshot

I think everyone should be playing either Warlock or Mage in this Tavern Brawl.

Warlock for the card draw hero power to zerg your opponent and Mage for the hero power and change to get stuff like Blizzard/Flamestrike.

Classes with easy way to deal with the 1 health minions are generally good in this like Druid.

Mage is probably the best because even their weak spells like Arcane Explosion and Arcane Missiles are pretty good in this format. Warlock has a chance to get stuff like Sense Demons or Sac Pact which are total dead cards.

Really liking this brawl so far. Yeah it's very heavily RNG but still having a lot of fun with it.

This is mostly what I wanted out of brawl mode anyway. Just a really unique and different experience.

Why does it says "Be Back in 1 Hour" when I choose Brawl?

It's closed on NA for another 40 min.

Edit: Really liking Priest so far for the Brawl. Managed to get a Shadowform off early in one game which turned out to be huge.

VoxPop

Really liking this brawl so far. Yeah it's very heavily RNG but still having a lot of fun with it.

This is mostly what I wanted out of brawl mode anyway. Just a really unique and different experience.

It's closed on NA for another 40 min.

Ah, okay thanks. Thought it was just buggy on my end.

MattyG

Banned
I just started playing finally and am really enjoying it, but I'm losing almost every time (on the first set of SP battles). Any tips for a beginner?

Ah, nevermind. Found those guides in the OP.

dream

I actually kind of enjoyed that brawl. It was just so over-the-top ridiculous that it became one of the most charming games I've had in Hearthstone.

Dahbomb

Damn Paladin sucks in this format.

So many useless spells in their arsenal. Redemption is useless. Noble Sacrifice is useless. Eye for an eye is useless. Holy Wrath is useless.

Dahbomb

King of Beast is absurd in this format.

Tundra Rhino is godlike

Starving Buzzard approaches almost old school levels of brokeness with so many 1/1 Beasts.

Scavenging Hyena is very good of course.

Bizazedo

Opponent, Hunter, gets The Beast and Gahzrilla. I get two Pirate Parrots. My one chance after playing the 4/2 stealth tiger and the secret that gives 8 armor defeated by Flare.

Ladekabel

After a loosing streak of 5 I finally got my win and the pack. It had a legendary in it but it was Cairne. Still unsure if I should dust him. I quite like him even if he isn't that good.

Don't know what to think about this brawl. While it shakes things more up than the last one it is so much RNG dependent.

Schryver

lol. I drew about 8 legendary beasts off of 11 or 12 webspinners and lost by a lot cause I could never gain board control. Only drew 2 priest spells the whole time and both were useless

Heropon

Thanks to the Brawl I've got my first real 40 dust pack and still not enough dust for Sylvanas. I need that Dr. Boom nerf like right now.

zoukka

While I don't necessarely disagree with you there are very strong similarities with Buzzard/UTH Hunter in that you couldn't flood the board or the combo will kill you (now a Berserker will otk you) and if you don't pressure enough they just kill you over time (or now they have plenty of time to find double combo). And since they nerved UTH Hunter I would expect them to ultimately do the same with Patron Warrior.

Difference being the UTH + buzzard combo was 5 mana. Patron combo requires small attack minions or double whirlwind effect. Frothing requires a lot of minions and time to setup but is very strong or course. Taunt walls do help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom