• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

I think it's actually Patron over Control Warrior, it's ahead against Zoo, slightly against Hunter and probably about even versus Tempo Mage. Not sure about Eboladin trash.

Either way you're not gonna find a consistent solution with how reliant on greedy tempo synergies aggro has become.

johnsmith

remember me
Wow, just catching up on the reckful/Jenna drama. Can't believe he streamed that. He's one of my favorite streamers, but what a piece of shit.

Opiate

I think it's actually Patron over Control Warrior, it's ahead against Zoo, slightly against Hunter and probably about even versus Tempo Mage. Not sure about Eboladin trash.

Either way you're not gonna find a consistent solution with how reliant on greedy tempo synergies aggro has become.

Yes, it's frustrating. If they draw just right, there's really no counter to a cancer paladin who can dump his entire hand out by turn 3 and then divine favor or a tempo mage who starts mana wyrm + coin + mirror image in to further aggression. As far as I can tell, the game is about as over as an old school undertaker that was 3/4 or 4/5 by turn 3.

LiveWire

I wonder if Recycle would see play at 5 or 4cc. It's actually really good single target removal when your game plan is to combo your opponent down within the next few turns anyway, but at 6cc you're just losing too much tempo even with Druid's curve cheating crap.

Recycle is a card that will become more useful over time. Blizzard is clearly going to build on the discard/overflow hand dynamic it started with Gang Up and Tree of Life. One or two more classes might get library manipulation cards (e.g. a Demonic Tutor for Warlock) and maybe one or two neutral card gifting cards (maybe a mech that gives both players cards when played?)

Who cares if your opponent has his Rag stuffed back in the deck if he's got a 10 card hand and you start gifting him cards and it gets burned? Recycle becomes more like a removal in that case.

Alternatively, imagine a card that has "Battlecry:" or "Deathrattle: Swap one random enemy minion with one of your minions." Play that with a Fel Reaver on the board and start blowing cheap spells and the Druid discard deck becomes lethal fast.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Mal'ganis is great when he pops out of Bane of Doom.

If you have Knife Juggler and Violet Teacher on the board and you play Bane of Doom on a minion, Violet Teacher will spawn an Apprentice causing Knife Juggler to throw a knife. The knife can potentially kill the minion you targeted with BoD. If it does, you still have a chance to spawn a demon from BoD if BoD would be able to kill that minion if it were full health (like a 3/2). If the minion you targeted with BoD was, for example, an injured Spider Tank with only 1 health left, BoD wouldn't be able to kill the graveyard version (3/4), so you don't get a demon.

Ah, excellent summary, thanks!

Dahbomb

I wonder if Recycle would see play at 5 or 4cc. It's actually really good single target removal when your game plan is to combo your opponent down within the next few turns anyway, but at 6cc you're just losing too much tempo even with Druid's curve cheating crap.
The problem is that the cards you need to Recycle end up being cards with powerful Battle Cries. Like Ragnaros, Alexstraza, Thaurissan, Loatheb, Dr Balanced etc.

So basically they play Dr Balanced, you Recycle the main body... their Bots still kill stuff on your board and they maintain tempo/board control. If they get Dr Balanced again then that pretty much seals the deal.

I think it has to cost at least one mana less to be usable. I know Krippa did a full video on this card and said that at 6 mana it's unplayable but at 5 mana it could be considered.

I think 4 mana might be too good of a tempo swing. At 5 mana it's at least comparable to Assassin where you avoid Deathrattle mechanics but you give them the chance to use it again which I guess is an ok trade off. At 5 mana you can play it against a Belcher and not feel bad for doing so.

Alternatively, imagine a card that has "Battlecry:" or "Deathrattle: Swap one random enemy minion with one of your minions." Play that with a Fel Reaver on the board and start blowing cheap spells and the Druid discard deck becomes lethal fast.
That card would be insane as people just use it to give the opponent Majordormo and kill them instant with BGH and 8 damage on board.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, just catching up on the reckful/Jenna drama. Can't believe he streamed that. He's one of my favorite streamers, but what a piece of shit.

What you said got me curious so i did a little digging about that clusterfuck and boy that dude seems like a piece of shit, apparently he also showed intimate pictures of her in his stream. Also i 'm almost to legend, i'm rank 2 but some of those games i lost make me tilt hard, there's so much bullshit at those high ranks.

Playing a Fel Reaver + Pyroblast deck in Arena. I've never had this much fun in Arena ever...

I'm 8-2 right now and at least 3 of my games were won by slamming a Fel Reaver, getting a bunch of cards burned but who cares because Pyroblast to the face once they stabilize. Pyro got burned in a couple of games but I won one of those anyway.

I just beat a Hunter who basically drafted a constructed Beast deck with double Siege Rhino, Highmane and some other beasts.

If I had any other burn at all in this deck, it would be insane and probably 12 wins but I literally have 0 fireballs and 0 frostbolts.

gutshot

After almost a year of playing, I finally got my first golden portrait.

m5PgeSmh.jpg

I didn't do any rank 20 farming for this, these were all legit wins. As legit as hunter wins can get anyway. :p

Bought 3 packs in celebration and unpacked 2 epics (Shadowform, Shield Slam) and 2 legendaries (Mukla, Greenskin), plus completed the "Collect all Pirates" achievement and got the Captain's Parrot as a reward!

Now it's time to start working towards golden Druid. Only 369 wins to go!

What is rank 20 farming?

Farming wins off of low ranks and then conceding so you stay at a low rank and can continue to farm them.

It's essentially a way for people to get golden portraits while putting in the least amount of effort since they never have to go against people at the higher ranks.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So is there a consensus best deck/response to very early intense aggression? Cancer Paladin, aggressive mana wyrm / mirror image mages, zoo warlocks, etc? I would very much like to farm them, but can't seem to find a deck that beats them with consistency.

I generally recommend either priest or control warrior. It depends on which aggressive decks you're aiming at. Control Warrior probably does better against zoo, but I think priest is better for stuff like Face Hunter or Shockadin. But if you're looking at the meta as a whole, control warrior probably plays the entire field better than priest. Priest can be the ultimate hard-counter to aggression, but suffers against anything else.

Eh, there are so many ways to get synergy with the cheap mage spells. It's also great for all the paladins you run into in arena.

Not strong synergy. Not with arcane missiles. I'd imagine most mage spells are gonna take precedence and certainly any above average minion is gonna be better. There really are just so much better in a draft setting than arcane missiles that I am almost surprised it isn't ranked a little bit lower, like a flat 40.

I am not saying it is a bad card or can't work in arena. Card strength is largely dependent on your other cards in the deck. But in a draft setting you can't guarantee that nor can you guarantee drawing the synergetic cards together. And then on top of that, you can't even guarantee arcane missiles is going to get value itself even with the bonus of synergy.

Like I mentioned earlier, these ratings are based on how good a card might be in any draft. But in a specific draft, the value is always going to be different. But generally arcane missiles is below average. Sometimes above average. Likely never excellent.

I generally recommend either priest or control warrior. It depends on which aggressive decks you're aiming at. Control Warrior probably does better against zoo, but I think priest is better for stuff like Face Hunter or Shockadin. But if you're looking at the meta as a whole, control warrior probably plays the entire field better than priest. Priest can be the ultimate hard-counter to aggression, but suffers against anything else.

Control Warrior is actually not great against zoo.. it's my main deck and Zoo is unfavorable.

Patron Warrior shits over most aggro decks I face though.

I got 500 wins as Control Warrior recently and it was slow as balls

I'm quite liking Solemn Vigil atm. It does kinda let you build your deck a little bit different. 8-1 with this troggzadin deck, although I haven't gotten any great troggzor results, as in massive trogg spawns, I have forced awkward removal or concedes. Not even running dr. boom!

Wow nevermind this is the worst glitch I've seen

It actually highlights quite well a problem with being able to eat up your opponent's time by stacking commands right before the end of your turn. I started noticing it once they reduced the timer in general cause once I had the rope start burning in like 30 seconds after the turn started because of a long animation on mobile.

Pooya

Is there a easy cheap way to do BRM heroics? I can't have all them epic cards for every different class in deck guides I'm looking at :\ some of them just seem impossible, like last Nefarian one.

Cat Party

Is there a easy cheap way to do BRM heroics? I can't have all them epic cards for every different class in deck guides I'm looking at :\ some of them just seem impossible, like last Nefarian one.

Apparently you can cheese most of them with KelThuzad and a few taunts. The AI has a glitch where it won't attack a taunt if you have Kel out. I haven't tried it
yet

There are some really fun ways to cheese other bosses. Like this: http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/240062-heroic-omnotron-turn-6-kill-combo:

Acinixys

Ropers are the fucking worst human beings

Just played a Mage in ladder who would wait till the rope was 1/2 way done, and then play all his cards. Every single turn. I quit on turn 3. I dont have time for kids and their BS.

CoolOff

I might start portrait farming rank 18 next season. I mean, the concedes makes it so there's no net-loss for my opponents, and bouncing around 18 will surely be more enjoyable than the rank 5 stall.

Cat Party

Tempo mage vs. Tempo mage. Turn 5.

Opponent plays Majordomo from unstable portal on an empty board.

I had mirror entity.

Took me way too long to figure out I had instantly won.

Dahbomb

Tempo mage vs. Tempo mage. Turn 5.

Opponent plays Majordomo from unstable portal on an empty board.

I had mirror entity.

Took me way too long to figure out I had instantly won.
Reminds of when I scumbagged a win by getting a Majordormo out of an opponent's Shredder.

Haunted

Murloc + Rogue = MURLOGUE

Now that we have the greatest deck name ever conceived we gotta make the actual deck.
Any ideas besides rolling Gang Up! + Bluegill Warrior + Cold Blood ?
Murloc decks are literally all the same regardless of class. Dump all Murlocs in there, remove the 4 weak shit ones and fill up the rest with class spells and Dr. Boom (Neptulon for Shaman).

Ladekabel

So I needed a short daily to get the 40 gold because I finally want to buy the first blackrock wing. Got the one where I have to summon 40 minions that cost 5 or more. Don't play Hearthstone long enough on a daily basis to do this today. I reroll the quest and get.... watch and learn...
Why you do this to me, Blizz?

ViviOggi

So I needed a short daily to get the 40 gold because I finally want to buy the first blackrock wing. Got the one where I have to summon 40 minions that cost 5 or more. Don't play Hearthstone long enough on a daily basis to do this today. I reroll the quest and get.... watch and learn...
Watch & learn quest came with BRM for a reason, surprised they haven't added more goldless quests yet tbh

Xanathus

Any quest where you get 100 gold or 1 pack is worth waaaaaaay more than 40 gold.

Ladekabel

Any quest where you get 100 gold or 1 pack is worth waaaaaaay more than 40 gold.

I know and if I wouldn't have saved my gold to buy the first blackrock wing to get Thaurissan I would prefer the pack over the gold. But in this situation something like "win 2 games with xy" would be the fastest way to get my goal. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Haunted

Ropers are the fucking worst human beings

Just played a Mage in ladder who would wait till the rope was 1/2 way done, and then play all his cards. Every single turn. I quit on turn 3. I dont have time for kids and their BS.
You conceded? That's why they do it and continue to do it. The terrorists have won.

Tacitus_

Geez, the first guy I face on my fresh run is a mage that has double flamestrike, double legendary deck. Luckily he got shafted on his fillers and the 2nd legendary was Greenskin (tho the first one was Tarzan)

I swear this game has more server maintenance than any game I've played this century.

I take it you're on the US? It's the weekly maintenance.

ViviOggi

huntard is 12 cards into his deck

turn 8 rag face
turn 9 krush face

this is arena
first game of the run in fact
and no, no webspinners

thank god i've got stuff to do because i am so fucking done

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Geez, the first guy I face on my fresh run is a mage that has double flamestrike, double legendary deck. Luckily he got shafted on his fillers and the 2nd legendary was Greenskin (tho the first one was Tarzan)

I take it you're on the US? It's the weekly maintenance.

I know it's the weekly maintenance, but my point still stands. They have weekly maintenance for like 9 hours at a time. Even during WoWs peak Blizzard never did this weekly for this long each time.

patron mage unstable portals a warsong commander
surprise.gif

and then the next game unstable portaling a deathwing after i clear the board and drop 3 molten giants?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom