• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schryver

patron mage unstable portals a warsong commander
surprise.gif

and then the next game unstable portaling a deathwing after i clear the board and drop 3 molten giants?????

double lol

CoolOff

I want to build the ultimate fuck you-deck. Think Warrior with double Kezan, double MCT, double Brawl, double Doomsayer. Any ideas on what to fill it up with?

I used the standard lower shell from CW but only got to 28 cards and then tossed in Gorehowl and Mad Bomber. I probably should slot in one BGH.

The goal is to fuck over Tempo Mage, Zoo, Face Hunter as much as possible.

Duster

Thanks for the arcane missile explanations and general arena advice.

I think I've focused too much on stopping early aggression/those that swamp the board with low value minions and synergies when I should be playing the percentages while drafting.

Schryver

I want to build the ultimate fuck you-deck. Think Warrior with double Kezan, double MCT, double Brawl, double Doomsayer. Any ideas on what to fill it up with?

I used the standard lower shell from CW but only got to 28 cards and then tossed in Gorehowl and Mad Bomber. I probably should slot in one BGH.

The goal is to fuck over Tempo Mage, Zoo, Face Hunter as much as possible.

Warrior is good but priest might be more hilarious with double shadow madness and cabal

br3wnor

I know and if I wouldn't have saved my gold to buy the first blackrock wing to get Thaurissan I would prefer the pack over the gold. But in this situation something like "win 2 games with xy" would be the fastest way to get my goal. Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

12 FaceHunter wins will do the trick. I hate re-rolling into the spectator pack too, but in that situation I'll just pull out face hunter in casual. Crazy win-rate, so many concedes early because people don't want to deal with it when trying to get their dailies.

ViviOggi

I've been insta-squelching for a while now but playing without sound entirely is another massive qol improvement

No more overly dramatic hero death screams
No more what to do what to do, I wonder, HRRRMMMMMMRM
No more I FEEL ICKY
No more I SMELL BLOOD
No more HIUEHIUEAEAEHEIUHEIUHEIUEHUEHEUAHUIEAHIUEAHUIAE
No more SWOOSH
No more FSSST---BOOM

Holy fuck this is the truth

TomServo

Patron warrior is just so dirty.
sick.gif

I killed an opponent who was sitting at nearly full health from a nearly empty board yesterday.

Don't leave a frothing berserker on the board if you're playing against a warrior, especially when you've got a board full of one or two damage minions. Especially going into turn eight.

VoxPop

Damn I should have been using heartharena from the start. I'm usually a 3-5 win kinda guy but with the heartharena crafted deck, I got my all time best of 9 wins :D

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Had a hilarious match where I was at 7 health vs. the priest at 30, with Ysera and a few other things on board. He played Sylvannas but I got Dream from Ysera, used it and went face.

Then I got ANOTHER Dream, and did the same thing next turn. Got Dream again. And then again the next turn, which let me win.

Based RNG.

Pooya

shock paladin is the shit on ladder right now, rip face hunter. that shock factor makes it work so much better than face hunter, it works great against face hunter too lol.

johnsmith

remember me
shock paladin is the shit on ladder right now, rip face hunter. that shock factor makes it work so much better than face hunter, it works great against face hunter too lol.

It's 50/50 against face hunter, mainly thanks to explosive, but it wrecks the slower hybrid or midrange. Oh, that's a nice highmane you dropped on turn 6, too bad you just died on turn 7.

JesseZao

Ha thankfully i decided to stay at rank 2 for this season instead of grinding like crazy today, i would be pissed if the servers went kaput when i was about to reach legend.

About that...I was rank 1 the game before they went down. I'll still grind after they come up, but this is pretty poor timing. Month long seasons are killing me. I don't want to maintain this play rate next month.

Maybe they're setting up the next content patch? Maybe it's just end of month explosion because of the ranked season ending.

Pooya

When Blizzard launched the game on phones, did they think that they should up their backend too? I get very frequent lag in game, two games I played today, both had to restart after end. Their services are very lacking. There are way too many people playing this and hots now and they can't support battle net well.

JesseZao

When Blizzard launched the game on phones, did they think that they should up their backend too? I get very frequent lag in game, two games I played today, both had to restart after end. Their services are very lacking. There are way too many people playing this and hots now and they can't support battle net well.

They certainly seem to be dragging their feet. I guess their MO is ride out the peak days like when a WoW expansion comes out. Only problem is the game grows each month and the spikes are going to get bigger each time.

Maximo

Got 6 wins in Arena and just pulled a Dr Boom from the Pack. I mean slightly annoying since he was the last Legendary I created but still a Legendary is a Legendary. Nooowww I kinda want him nerfed just so I can get all the Dust =p

Dahbomb

Servers are kinda being hammered because of the Diablo 3 PTR right now. No one can get into a game right now in D3 PTR (4 hour queues).

I recall the phone launch going pretty well.

I just had the biggest comeback I've ever had in Hearthstone (arena).

I was at 1hp, my opponent was at 26. My opponent had a 9/9 and then played 2 more minions. I could have dealt with maybe 2 of them. But then he played a fourth minion. Yes, you guess it. My mind control tech took the 9/9. The dream right? Maybe?

That alone would have meant zero. Except for the fact that the fourth minion my opponent played was a... ZOMBIE CHOW. With a truesilver and my pre-existing board, I brought him down to 2 minions and he brought me down to 1 hp again. Truesilver had a second swing though, and I cleared his board dropping him to 20 as well, with 24 damage on board.

He is probably kicking himself or cursing the game, but ultimately he is the one who lost the game to himself. That was such a remote outcome, to have MCT, to get the 9/9, to survive by 1 hp, to win the turn after from such a dominant position in the game. Yet it was still a risk that he made for himself.

Xanathus

Probably just advertising more hero skins, since Muradin is one of them.
edit: oh I missed the ice. Yeah it's probably next expansion.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Blizzard has 500 demo stations and a month-plus long twitter advertising campaign for their GamesCom showing, along with seemingly being on a four month update cycle for the game.

I suspect the next expansion will be announced there, but it's also possible this is for something before then given we're still ~6 weeks away.

Dahbomb

Blizzard has 500 demo stations and a month-plus long twitter advertising campaign for their GamesCom showing, along with seemingly being on a four month update cycle for the game.

I suspect the next expansion will be announced there, but it's also possible this is for something before then given we're still ~6 weeks away.
Wouldn't it be for their Overwatch their game?

Grim patron deck is so disgusting. Won against golden priest by almost OTKing him (from 30 to 1), his only "mistake" was playing 4 minions at once, even though they had 3+ attack. In the late game i just sat there collecting combo pieces and armoring up since priest can't apply much pressure.

zoukka

Patron is fine. Everyone needs to get their heads out of their asses and adapt to the meta. Rogue does excellently against patron and I see so many players doing dumb shit like dealing 1 damage to warrior and giving them extra cards to draw or to play some random crap minions to boost their patrons and frothings. Adapt and stop whining. Also embrace loatheb.

ViviOggi

Control Priest generally gets rekt by Patron but that's matchups for you. Guy deserves it too for flooding lategame without having seen the key combo pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom