• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxgt

Banned
This is why I love control warrior. Me at 2 health and 0 armour, him at 27. End result:

hearthstonescreenshotybs63.png

mxgt

Banned
Facing Zoo as CW is too scary tbh

Indeed. Even if they blow all their cards and you stabilise they can just tap into a win.

I'm 4-0 today against Zoo Lock though, just been getting great draws and brawl luck.

Stabilising against and then beating Aggro decks is probably my favourite thing in this game.

Loomba

Wow oil rogue is hella fun.

Been using Kolento's deck but loot horder in place of blood Mage. Some of the combos you can pull off are amazing.

zoukka

Wow oil rogue is hella fun.

Been using Kolento's deck but loot horder in place of blood Mage. Some of the combos you can pull off are amazing.

post the list, I haven't played rogue in such a long time.

Got a paladin/priest quest, what a fucking nightmare to do in ladder... those classes are so goddamn bad right now.

ViviOggi

Eloise strim http://www.twitch.tv/eloise_ailv

Got a paladin/priest quest, what a fucking nightmare to do in ladder... those classes are so goddamn bad right now.

I really like this list that's been going around. Think it's MrYagut's (he plays 2x Teacher instead of Shredder), the Assassin's Blade improves the Warrior matchup a lot. And even though weapon removal is rampant, for now few people expect the AB and just snipe your poisoned hero power.

ViviOggi

I love oil rogue but I don't have Preparation so I can't play it on constructed.

Yeah, without Preps you're not gonna get anywhere. But paying that 800 dust entry fee pretty much lets you play Rogue forever as the rest of their decks is usually on the cheaper side.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
playing against oil rogue is so scary, the combos are HUGE.

Yeah but vs some classes you can get rekt pretty hard since you need at least one minion to use your oil to the fullest. For example Oil rogue vs control warrior is a nightmare to play against because they keep clearing your board and they can gain so much armor, not an impossible match up tough. Also i found this video that summarizes pretty well why Reckful got booted from casting ATLC.

mxgt

Banned
I just got destroyed by an oil rogue as control warrior, in fact. Coin, prep sprint on turn 3 gg. Had the answer to everything from there on.

ViviOggi

Yeah Control Warrior is a really bad matchup for Oil Rogue but it's not Freeze Mage tier. The key is early pressure and using Oils just for the damage unlike in most other matchups where you save charges for big Flurries. Gotta hit those early drops, mulligan hard for minions and Assassin's Blade if you have it and pray a bit to topdick into burn later on. With a passive early game they're almost guaranteed to armor out of reach.

I'm sure people slowly dying from cancer undergo plenty of mental anguish, why is it fair to downplay that compared to rape? You could of course argue that the context shows they don't mean it in that context. You could also argue the same for Reckful's comment.

Neither is classy, and if one is viewed as offensive they both should be. Personally, I find neither offensive, just dumb. I know that's just an opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. I think everyone can agree it's best he's gone though. I simply think he needed to go due to being an awful caster that put no thought or effort into it. I really didn't intend to cause such strife for saying he mainly needed to be kicked due to sucking.

Well, as I pointed out he was likely kicked for a number of things and the rape joke was the thing that was the last straw.

The whole point I was making with my last post is that there is in fact a big difference between using the word rape and the word cancer, regardless of whether you're offended or find them offensive. This is apparently what happened.

Stupid new Dlc should come with an exclusive hero card or something extra, imo.

anyways I spent $30 on cards last night. Totally worth it. Dusted a lot lol but got tons of gold cards, 1 gold legendary, and my third Dr. Boom.

Dr. Boom seriously needs to get nerfed so that I can get the 1600 dust for two of them haha

ViviOggi

Well, as I pointed out he was likely kicked for a number of things and the rape joke was the thing that was the last straw.

The whole point I was making with my last post is that there is in fact a big difference between using the word rape and the word cancer, regardless of whether you're offended or find them offensive. This is apparently what happened.
pls

this is leading nowhere

JesseZao

So if the next expansion comes out in August, next adventure in December, I bet we get the next three new heroes in between in October. They'll use the cosmetic stuff as a buffer between actual content.

inky

So the day before yesterday I had 3 60g quests and I did them all at once (thanks Tavern Brawl), Then yesterday when I logged in, to my surprise 3 brand new quests appeared = 2x60g and 1x40g. Did them all again. Today I logged in, got a 40g quest, rerolled it, and got a 100g get7 wins quest.
131.gif

So I was thinking about card design recently and got to thinking, Mana Addict and Axe Flinger are kind of the same card. I always really enjoyed Mana Addict as a card because it's basically +2 Damage to any spell. I'd always run them in my Miracle decks because I'd play one anf Shadow Step it so it would be free, then play it on six with the Auctioneer/Conceal. If they didn't get removed the other player was dead 99% of the time.

Turn to Axe Flinger, it deals 2 damage when it takes damage. You look at how Patron Warrior works, it deals damage to the entire board. So now every Whirl Wind, Unstable Goul death, and second hits of Death's Bite deal 2 damage right to the other player.

I know that Mana Addict and Axe Flinger aren't the best cards but I'm just taking about design here. I think it's awesome how we have kind of the same card but with different functions. Just something I had fun thinking about.

And I think I've found my next deck to play too.

Edit: Just realized, Patrons are pretty much the same as Addict and Flinger. Each sweep/spell gives you 3 to 5 damage. Biggest difference is that Patrons have a little bit more use. They can clear a board and leave with advantage where an Addict can only win you tge game.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member

I got rank 1 with mid range paladin last season so at least paladin doesn't totally suck like you think. You can certainly reach legend with paladin i just ran outta time last season.

Copenap

This truely is the worst brawl so far. I get two circle of healing and mulling them both only to draw into another two circle of healing within my first three turns so who knows how many I had while my opponent had Polymorph, Flamestrike and Pyroblast...

Would make a better otk against a clear board, but you gotta draw all the pieces and then hit them with emp.
Yeah, for sure. Just couldn't stop laughing at how dumb my luck was for the finish. Was winning a lot but now I'm losing a lot. Either luck or MMR. Can easily tell it's not going to work out as well as I would hope. Too many dead combo cards. Got my amusement out of it though.

This truely is the worst brawl so far. I get two circle of healing and mulling them both only to draw into another two circle of healing within my first three turns so who knows how many I had while my opponent had Polymorph, Flamestrike and Pyroblast...

Mage seems to be the go to class for all Brawls that let you choose. They dominated the Banana Brawl with Sorcerer's Apprentice, Flamewaker, and Mana Wyrm and they have the best luck with random spells in the Spider Brawl with Frost Bolt, Fireball, Polymorph, Blizzard, and Flamestrike. Even their garbage spells like Arcane Blast and Arcane Missiles are pretty good.

scoot3r

So should I craft bloodmage or malygos? I have no rogue cards but it seems awesome. I have all the lock cards but mostly just play demon zoo. I feel like maly is just kind of flavor of the month card.

JesseZao

So should I craft bloodmage or malygos? I have no rogue cards but it seems awesome. I have all the lock cards but mostly just play demon zoo. I feel like maly is just kind of flavor of the month card.

Bloodmage is pretty much only a freeze mage and rogue card. Maly is more fun imo.

Had the 5 win warrior quest so I made a patron deck........one game I had so many patrons being spawned and cards being proced that i wasn't able to attack with everyone before my rope ended

No one should be allowed to play such an annoying deck

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

Bloodmage used to be the goto because everydeck benefited from it but not anymore. There's too many options now that are fine tuned for every deck type. Malygos actually opens decks to you singlehandedly like Alexstrasza does so I would suggest Malygos.

bidguy

Banned
my experience with this game has been really annoying so far. couldnt get a single legendary for two months so i craft myself one. was pretty happy and continued playing until i open a pack and get the same legendary i crafted weeks ago

is this game mocking me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom