• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, just logged in to HS before bed to see if I need to re-roll any quests, only to see these three all pop up:

hearthstonescreenshoteasio.png

I know the 3 wins quest isn't "ideal", per se, but you get another quest if you complete all of yours and don't re-roll that day. Plus, they're very open and the rewards are pretty awesome. I'm pretty happy! ^_^

ViviOggi

Malganis out of moronic turn 5 yolo Bane of Doom on a 2/1 when he could have flooded the board hard - no Execute in 15 draws

Deal with two Highmanes in a row oh look Malorne from Webspinner and no BGH in 24 draws

So fucking tired of the current reliance on RNG swings. Yes it's a card game but at no point has there ever been such massive bullshit swing potential in every single competitive aggro deck

Haunted

my experience with this game has been really annoying so far. couldnt get a single legendary for two months so i craft myself one. was pretty happy and continued playing until i open a pack and get the same legendary i crafted weeks ago

is this game mocking me ?
classic

rub-it-in-your-face-middle-finger-in-your-face.gif

I've played almost no Face Huntard, but a lot of Feign Death and Dragon-huntard. Am I still a babykicker?
to be fair, that baby was being kind of a dick

Sande

Malganis out of moronic turn 5 yolo Bane of Doom on a 2/1 when he could have flooded the board hard - no Execute in 15 draws

Deal with two Highmanes in a row oh look Malorne from Webspinner and no BGH in 24 draws

So fucking tired of the current reliance on RNG swings. Yes it's a card game but at no point has there ever been such massive bullshit swing potential in every single competitive aggro deck
Bane of Doom is definitely one of the worst-designed cards in the game. And I think they actually increased the likelihood of legendaries on it recently. They should make it cost maybe 3 mana and put the demon in your hand, not on the board.

ViviOggi

Handlock with 2 Drakes, 2 Mountains, Molten, Loatheb, Boom and 2 Sunfuries in 15 draws

Minus one Molten that's is the entirety of the deck's significant threats plus the two out of three taunt givers to put up a wall

And of course with the coin to boot for the 100% perfect curve

Sick plays

JSR_Cube

Got my first duplicate legendary... Tirion.

I felt bad dusting him but I doubt he is going to get nerfed anytime soon so didn't know what else to do.

Asbel

Accidentally played my Voltron deck and was able to trigger him twice due to casting deathrattle: resummon on the head and the first transformation killing two Harvest Golems. Still lost but anytime that I can trigger Voltron I consider it a win. LOL.

ViviOggi

Got my first duplicate legendary... Tirion.

I felt bad dusting him but I doubt he is going to get nerfed anytime soon so didn't know what else to do.
Nah that's fine, they're not gonna touch him ever and what else are you gonna do with a dupe? You should only feel bad if it had been a golden one.

So yeah.. I rage deleted all my mage cards and and my only legendary cards and deleted the game from my phone. Later I thought to myself, "Why did I over react?" And decided to start over.. sigh... Why the fuck did I have to delete my only legendary?

Sande

I think I just came across the worst player I've seen in Hearthstone. He made the noob mistake of face > everything else (this was arena, in ladder ridiculous bullshit like that is the point of some decks, which is one of the reasons I prefer arena these days).

Some of the highlights:
- He coined out hero power as druid (on empty board), didn't even hit face.
- I had a 3/1 minion, he used hero power on face.
- I had Hogger on board. He used Force of Nature, killed the 2/2 taunt and went face with the other 2 treants.

So yeah.. I rage deleted all my mage cards and and my only legendary cards and deleted the game from my phone. Later I thought to myself, "Why did I over react?" And decided to start over.. sigh... Why the fuck did I have to delete my only legendary?
What legendary was it? Most likely you were better off dusting it.

ViviOggi

I think I just came across the worst player I've seen in Hearthstone. He made the noob mistake of face > everything else (this was arena, in ladder ridiculous bullshit like that is the point of some decks, which is one of the reasons I prefer arena these days).

Some of the highlights:
- I had Hogger on board. He used Force of Nature, killed the 2/2 taunt and went face with the other 2 treants.
In my experience the most mind-boggingly stupid arena plays tend to come from Druids. The only explanation I have is that they're used to being saved by Claws and Ironbarks in the lategame, letting them get away with not thinking through their moves in the past.

Some of the highlights:

What legendary was it? Most likely you were better off dusting it.

The 5 attack 7 health mage legendary. I loved it honestly cause once I got it going the other player was fucked.

Sande

The 5 attack 7 health mage legendary. I loved it honestly cause once I got it going the other player was fucked.
Oh, Antonidas. Yeah, that's one of the best legendaries in the game.

Edit: What is it with shamans today, Jesus. Perfect plays, perfect counters every turn. Shamans single-handedly ended my arena run that could have been pretty decent. Fireguard Destroyers and Fire Elementals can go fuck themselves.

Magnus

What's the best way to handle quest rerolls btw? I seem to recall that it 's generally wisest to always reroll 40 for the hop of 60 or better, but that you should do something differently if you've missed a few days of play and have 3 quests PLUS 1 or more hidden ones that will only appear the next day if you don't reroll.

Something like that. Anyone?

Special C

What's the best way to handle quest rerolls btw? I seem to recall that it 's generally wisest to always reroll 40 for the hop of 60 or better, but that you should do something differently if you've missed a few days of play and have 3 quests PLUS 1 or more hidden ones that will only appear the next day if you don't reroll.

It all depends on how much time you have to play. If I haven't played for a couple of days I will go for quests that I can complete simultaneously. If I want to play a while sometimes I will reroll for a 60g but I'm perfectly happy with a "win 2" quest if my time is limited.

If you're the kind of person who plays for hours daily then always reroll your 40g quests.

Sande

You can have 6 quests. The 3 hidden quests will be lost if you reroll.

Generally you want to have at least one 40g quest available so you can reroll every day even if you get 60g or higher. But that's if you want to completely max the quest rewards. The actual benefit might be something like 10g a week on average so it's not that big of a deal.

Magnus

500 Boys!!

(missed screenshotting the "500" in time, lol)

No quitting or shenanigans to get to that number faster. Just normal Ranked play for 10 months, lol, since starting back in August 2014.

Kind of wish they threw some gold or packs at you too, instead of just the Golden Portrait.

Kunohara

500 Boys!!

(missed screenshotting the "500" in time, lol)

Kind of wish they threw some gold or packs at you too, instead of just the Golden Portrait.

I'm at 312 wins with my priest. My highest hero so far. I wanted to get the golden for him first since it is my favourite class. It is a grind though.

Pooya

I got golden Jaina some time back and it's cool when you start a game people tend to just quit right away at lower ranks now....cmon it means nothing, stay and fight. happened quite a few times now.

My second one is warlock now, is 200 something. I'm working on getting that now since the golden one looks really cool.

Paladin is third with about a 100.

I've barely played Shaman and Druid, they're not even level 20 I think... golden rogue must be really hard too.

I got rogue to 500, cause that is basically the only class I played in ranked early on. I loved my rogue decks back then.

I am close to getting Paladin to 500. I am at least 410 right now.

Shaman is at least 300+.

Everything else is abysmal. I probably have a class or two with literally 0 wins in ranked, or less than 10.

ViviOggi

actually haven't seen an animal fucklord not roll huffer the entire week

next huntard with 19 cards left: spinner into glaivezooka, 2x owl, 2x juggler, scientist into snake trap, huntard's mark, animal shitstain (huffer), 2x skill command

need to stop playing this trash game tbh

ViviOggi

When the Mage you're playing against gets Antonidas from an Unstable Portal it's probably just time to stop playing.
Had a Tempo Mage clown pull a turn 3 or 4 Earth Ele on me today. But I had an Execute for once and the overload ironically destroyed their tempo for the rest of the game.

Pooya

Since Rogue is a bit terrible in current meta, here is my suggestion to make it work a bit more reliably.

yay/nay?

1436118422-28370ab72.png

alternatively you can add those cards to your opponent's hand too (maybe for combo effect) :p

I still think tap should give you the extra card on the next turn. It's probably a little too good as is, but it's downright broken for aggro decks. Aggro already doesn't care about their hp since they're burning you, so the "negative" of tapping isn't even relevant. It allows warlock to do things no other class could possibly get away with regarding balancing aggression/draw.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Since Rogue is a bit terrible in current meta, here is my suggestion to make it work a bit more reliably.

Kind of.

At 20-5, you don't want to play Rogue because it's all aggro/face and Rogue doesn't deal well with it as much as it used to.

But supposedly at 5-Legend Rogue is favored, because of all the Malylocks and Patron Warriors. And competitively it really is still top tier, somehow.

Dahbomb

yay/nay?

1436118422-28370ab72.png

alternatively you can add those cards to your opponent's hand too (maybe for combo effect) :p
I think there should be new Rogue cards that fill into a different archetype than just combo deck Rogue (like Darkiron Skulker). That card seems like it's made for combo decks because it can potentially draw you 3 Preps.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Your Adrenaline Rush could feasibly bring back Miracle Rogue. Or some strange MiracOil shell.

Dahbomb

Actually this could give you Shadowstep too so this has questionable usage to me. It's PURE card advantage though and if you have cards that utilize Shadowstep then this would still be pretty good.

Still I think we need more Rogue deck types than "draw out your deck, get a lot of burst damage in hand and then unload".

Also PLEASE less random cards. Please.

Pooya

this could give innervate or coin even. You're guaranteed something useful.
There is sacrificial pact too which is not all that useful unless you're playing against a demonlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom