• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

G.ZZZ

I'm inclined to agree. Mountain Giant is bad late but good early. Molten Giant is bad early but good late and also good in situations where you're losing ground fast (exactly when you want to drop a 8/8 body for cheap).

Frost Giant is only good late and only in those late games that are very prolonged matches between two control-ish shells that's been activating their hero powers for 10-15 turns. It's not going to help you against aggro, it won't be as versatile as Molten against combo. It shines the most vs control, but not anymore than both Mountain and Molten already do. This is just another options if you want more 8/8 giants.

Consider, you'll need to have tapped 4 times and it must be at least turn 10 to combo it with Shadowflame. Unless the game slows down tremendously, that's not a luxury at most Handlocks' disposal. What will you cut for it? It's still not as good as Dr. Boom. It doesn't have the immediacy of Ragnaros. It's narrower than the other two giants. It doesn't combo with Voidcaller to replace Malganis, nor is it a pseudo-heal like Jaraxxus. It could concievably replace Sylvanas but then you're missing the Sylvanas-Shadowflame combo. Maybe it could replace Thaurissan? Anything cheap is irreplacable in the current meta. You need Healbots to offset the tapping. Slude Belchers to stop the aggro. Defenders to give taunt. Drakes to smooth out early game. Board clears, removals.

There's simply no room for it.

In general, i don't think Inspire is pushing Warlock that much because Warlock essentially have a caps on how many times they can use their hero power, both in terms of life and cards.

I think Paladin and warrior control have it easier. In that sense, this is a warrior and paladin useable giant in control builds, but i don't see it in handlocks when the other 2 giants are much better there.

johnsmith

remember me
Arena reward packs are going to be random. Fuck you, Blizzard. Fuck you to hell. Just let us pick our God damn reward.

Arena Reward Update

Beginning with the launch of The Grand Tournament, the Arena will no longer award players only Goblins vs Gnomes card packs. Instead, players will have a chance to receive a Grand Tournament card pack, Goblins vs Gnomes card pack, or a Classic card pack whenever a pack is awarded.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Arena reward packs are going to be random. Fuck you, Blizzard. Fuck you to hell. Just let us pick our God damn reward.

this is really dumb

CoolOff

I literally don't like a single thing about this new expansion. New cards are either OP (wtf what that hunter card I mean wtf) and it added like 1000% more RNG. That new giant and the hero power buffs basically mean warlocks are going to dominate.

What Hunter-deck can you see having room for it and spending an efficient turn using it?

this is really dumb

Better than the current situation though.

Whoever thought to have a tournament with the new cards, I love ya!

I'm okay with that.

Ugh. There goes my plan to grind arena for the new cards.

Fair point. I might actually pre-buy a 50 pack if it is cheap enough. And then that'll be enough for probably every common/rare already so I won't need to necessarily focus on the single pack.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In general, i don't think Inspire is pushing Warlock that much because Warlock essentially have a caps on how many times they can use their hero power, both in terms of life and cards.

I think Paladin and warrior control have it easier. In that sense, this is a warrior and paladin useable giant in control builds, but i don't see it in handlocks when the other 2 giants are much better there.

Yes I think Warrior can run it too. I forgot that giants weren't Warlock exclusive but this is the first one that works very well with what Control Warrior is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think making totems the Shaman tribal was a better idea than going in on overload, or RNG. I hope it works out.

iirate

Blizzard needs to actually support arena, not nerf it. The reward system needs a buff and rework, and actual arena awards to work towards and tournament-ready limited formats should be happening sooner rather than later.

Hektor

I hope we're going to see new weapons for classes that dont have some yet. Maybe even defensive or supportive ones. That'd be cool.

inky

Blizzard needs to actually support arena, not nerf it. The reward system needs a buff and rework, and actual arena awards to work towards and tournament-ready limited formats should be happening sooner rather than later.

Arena actually has rewards at least, unlike ranked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom