• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
a class on its own, this stream is

CoolOff

I'm kind of salty that they didn't take this opportunity to introduce an actual tournament mode.

130 cards is cool and all, but both ladder and arena needs some work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Face hunter about to go critical.

Coldarra Drake is a mage card.

Actually, a part of me hopes Inspire makes Shadowform Priest viable. 3 to make your hero power deal 2 instead of heal 2 isn't amazing, in and of itself. But 1 mana for 2 damage? Basically Smite? Curahzy.

f0lken

Blizzard needs to actually support arena, not nerf it. The reward system needs a buff and rework, and actual arena awards to work towards and tournament-ready limited formats should be happening sooner rather than later.

I think giving random packs is great for newcomers, my brother and his gf are so excited to have another way of getting old cards that are difficult for them to get because they started to play 2 months ago

efd16518.png

Magnus

No priest love today? :(

Jesus of all classes that needed an injection of excitement - Mage and Hunter? Lol.

Glad Shaman has some love now though.

iirate

Arena actually has rewards at least, unlike ranked.

It has cosmetic rewards(card backs and golden portraits) that are important to many players. Arena matches not working towards golden heroes isn't cool, and there could easily be some arena card backs(hit 12 wins, then maybe another one at a large number of arena wins?).

Blizzard has already shown that they don't intend everyone to collect every sleeve, so bring on the sleeves that show some actual accomplishment in the various formats that aren't ranked battle.

I think giving random packs is great for newcomers, my brother and his gf are so excited to have another way of getting old cards that are difficult for them to get because they started to play 2 months ago

I think players should be able to set which pack they receive as in-game rewards. This would apply to arena, tavern brawl, spectator quests, etc.

I know the RNG mechanics are pretty novel since you can't really do this in physical card games but I feel like too much RNG is going to just dilute skilled play across the board.

Stopped the stream after a couple of cards to jump in the shower.

Did they announce an actual release date or just "next month"?

Just next month.

Hopefully this expansion will give me enough reason to play more Shaman. Always been wanting to.

End this stream with a Boom nerf announcement effective tomorrow morning and this event will be a success. lol

inky

It has cosmetic rewards(card backs and golden portraits) that are important to many players.

They might be important to some, but at least the card backs are a joke. Legend card back is a one time thing, regular card backs are given for getting to rank 20 which is almost as easy as logging in for the day. Portraits are so long term they are not and shouldn't be considered consistent rewards, unlike arena. It's really a poor incentive for doing it again and again every single month.

gutshot

Pre-order info:

Some bundle information:
$49.99 for 50 packs (10 extra packs than you usually get for this price). Available next week, and comes with a special pre-purchase card back. The packs can obviously not be opened until The Grand Tournament is officially released.

Magnus

I'm happy with that price (RIP Canada though fuck - I'm sure it'll be $60-70)

I was going to dump that amount on the expansion launch anyway.

Sirrad is disgusting.

Werd

I was planning to use whatever Amazon coin promotion people use to get better value buying cards - that should work on this preorder right? I'm not sure if you actually buy the packs directly through Amazon or something.

Maximo

Holy shit I love Kripp, love when announcers make a silly joke and Kripp just completely shuts them dowm
*Haha this might be the first time we have seen Shuffle used on a stream!"
"Nah.....we have seen it once or twice before, but probably no more than that"

He doesn't bounce off the jokes and reinforce them, he just shuts them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom