• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

iirate

They might be important to some, but at least the card backs are a joke. Legend card back is a one time thing, regular card backs are given for getting to rank 20 which is almost as easy as logging in for the day. Portraits are so long term they are not and shouldn't be considered consistent rewards, unlike arena. It's really a poor incentive for doing it again and again every single month.

I agree that ranked play could use better incentives to play it. Better rewards would be a nice stopgap, but I think that an overhauled ladder could easily do more to get people in ranked past rank 20.

Also, legend is a one time thing, but there's a big time and/or skill gap in the way of the vast majority of players ever getting it(I've been playing since the first week of closed beta(earlier if you count Cockatrice), watch the game closely, and have still never been past rank 5 due to not putting that much time into the game each month). It just happens that if you're able to get it once, you're likely able to get it many times.

If you're a dedicated arena player(or possibly tavern brawler, time will tell), there's no way to show that off, but the high-end ranked players have plenty of ways. I think that's a problem.

Acinixys

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

Status