• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultrabum

I think control warrior is strong vs. most of the decks I'm playing, but I'm missing a few key legendaries like Grom, alex, ect.

Edit: and lots of epics like brawl and sheild slam, but I got a gorehowl!!! Kappa

FeD.nL

Hmm that Trueheart might be annoying in face hunter, I mean 6 is still playable in face hunter. They lose steam at that point normally and now that get a 50% increase on their hero power.. yay blizzard -.-'

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hmm that Trueheart might be annoying in face hunter, I mean 6 is still playable in face hunter. They lose steam at that point normally and now that get a 50% increase on their hero power.. yay blizzard -.-'

I think Face Hunters would sooner play Nightblade over Justicar.... And they don't play Nightblade at all

Dahbomb

I played 13 games against hunter today.

If they played mad scientist on or before turn 4, I went 2-6.

If they did not play mad scientist on or before turn 4, I went 5-0.

Mad scientist literally its own win condition.
This sort of reflects my own stats playing Hunter as well (well I still win some matches even without Mad Scientist) especially wen using Midrange Hunter.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Trump has a 5 minute slow mode?

Tuck Frump. How am I supposed to spam my latest dank memes like that?

Don't worry sir, neogaf will accept all of your dank memes. I'm sure they will add a lot to this thread

In other news i have won like like 4 games in a row with oil rogue, feels good man.

Ashodin

#BrawlStories

No joke, guy stole my KT, copied it, Ran both his KTs into my Nefarian next turn, Played his own KT, and got six KTs.

Ya get that? Six Kel'Thuzads when I had nothing else on board.

Instaconcede

Why the fuck not? There are neutral cards for secrets and weapons and shit.

There are multiple classes that can use weapons and secrets under normal circumstances, I just figured giving other classes the ability to utilize a hero power of another class would be something the dev team would not do.

Ultrabum

There are multiple classes that can use weapons and secrets under normal circumstances, I just figured giving other classes the ability to utilize a hero power of another class would be something the dev team would not do.

You can already get totems and stuff from things like Piloted Shredder.

Edit: Ya I know. I think blizzard has this idea that Hearthstone should fun and Crazzzzzzzy, so I don't see any reason why one hero couldn't have Silver Hand Recruits. I guess I'm just not surprised.

You can already get totems and stuff from things like Piloted Shredder.

Yes but that's not a normal circumstance, it's completely unreliable. You can get class cards from shredders and Unstable Portal, but Silver Hand Recruits are only playable from the Paladin Hero power until this card came about.

To be clear this doesn't actually bother me balance wise or anything but I just wonder what made them decide to do this and if there will be any similar cards to other hero powers.

Lot of people down on the Shaman cards over on the Blizzard forums. I guess people wanted something blatantly game breaking.

I'm still hopeful for the dream plays with Totem Golem into hero power into Draenei Totemcarver. I guess we'll see.

Ultrabum

Lot of people down on the Shaman cards over on the Blizzard forums. I guess people wanted something blatantly game breaking.

I'm still hopeful for the dream plays with Totem Golem into hero power into Draenei Totemcarver. I guess we'll see.

It would be nice if they gave shamen a mad scientist costed card... Priest too. I really really really hope the cards we've seen so far for shamen are not the only ones. If there are no more totem tribe synergy cards, its literally going to be like Murlock shamen and never see play. I played 50 games of hearthstone today, and I played 0 shamens and 2 priests rofl.

G.ZZZ

If blizzard want Hunter to have some good non-face decks, the 6/3 legendary not giving a 4 damage hero power is a big mistake as that card would allow Hunter to play quite a good control early into win later with sick hero power. Same for ball of spider, at 5 it become a super good arena card and a viable constructed card for slower hunter decks, like this it will only be a good arena card for a shitty arena class

Shaman need 0 mana cost spells with only overload to be able to play a significant tempo game. Something like 0 mana, freeze a character, draw a card, overload 1

Ashodin

Yes but that's not a normal circumstance, it's completely unreliable. You can get class cards from shredders and Unstable Portal, but Silver Hand Recruits are only playable from the Paladin Hero power until this card came about.

To be clear this doesn't actually bother me balance wise or anything but I just wonder what made them decide to do this and if there will be any similar cards to other hero powers.

I think this is a given.

I think this is a given.

Yeah I think you are right. Now that I think about it they did say the theme of this xpac was messing with hero powers so the silver hand recruit thing isn't so surprising in hindsight.

I think a Boomkin form for Druid would be cool, similar to Shadowform.

It would be nice if they gave shamen a mad scientist costed card... Priest too. I really really really hope the cards we've seen so far for shamen are not the only ones. If there are no more totem tribe synergy cards, its literally going to be like Murlock shamen and never see play. I played 50 games of hearthstone today, and I played 0 shamens and 2 priests rofl.

Yeah, I mean, we've seen so little that it's hard to say but I think there's a lot of potential for a deck that makes great use of totems. I suppose it will depend if the meta is in a spot where stuff like Thunder Bluff Valiant can sit on the board for a turn to enable some of the more ridiculous combos.

Just ideas of stuff like, turn 5 Valiant into Garrison Commander + double hero power. Maybe it won't be strong/reliable enough but I think there's potential there. Thaurissan will help as well.

In the end I think, if totem synergy turns out to be good enough, it's going to make people even more afraid of totems which creates a similar situation to Paladin getting Quartermaster. People become afraid of the card to the point where they're making lackluster trades to clear 1/1s when they could be going face and for Shaman that's huge because board control and favorable trades is what they rely on most.

Ultrabum

Yeah, I mean, we've seen so little that it's hard to say but I think there's a lot of potential for a deck that makes great use of totems. I suppose it will depend if the meta is in a spot where stuff like Thunder Bluff Valiant can sit on the board for a turn to enable some of the more ridiculous combos.

Just ideas of stuff like, turn 5 Valiant into Garrison Commando + double hero power. Maybe it won't be strong/reliable enough but I think there's potential there. Thaurissan will help as well.

In the end I think, if totem synergy turns out to be good enough, it's going to make people even more afraid of totems which creates a similar situation to Paladin getting Quartermaster. People become afraid of the card to the point where they're making lackluster trades to clear 1/1s when they could be going face and for Shaman that's huge because board control and favorable trades is what they rely on most.

My problem with totems even with the new cards is that your still going to lose to the same shit you do now.

Say you have 3 or 4 totems on the board, you still get rocked by unleash, hellfire, and they still just multiply patrons for free.

There are going to have to be SUPER anti-aggro cards for any of the inspire stuff to be able to beat the face hunter or face paladin that kills you on turn 5 or 6.

I'm talking like zombie chow times a million. Like a 3 mana 3/10, deathrattle, when this card dies it heals your opponent to full, this card cannot be targeted by spells or battlecries. Taunt. Cannot attack.

It doesn't have to be so crazy, but unless something specifically super anti aggro comes out, its gonna be more hunter as the power creep makes games end faster and faster.

True enough, although I do expect to see some anti-aggro cards pop up.

Also, at least in Shaman's case, they're getting a somewhat decent anti-aggro card with Totem Golem. It's almost a guaranteed two for one in most cases. Could almost be considered Zombie Chow 2.0 really.

Ultrabum

True enough, although I do expect to see some anti-aggro cards pop up.

Also, at least in Shaman's case, they're getting a somewhat decent anti-aggro card with Totem Golem. It's almost a guaranteed two for one in most cases. Could almost be considered Zombie Chow 2.0 really.

It's more likely to be used in some kind of aggro shamen imo. Some kind of zoo-like shamen where you curve out with hero power instead of life tapping. Finish with crackle / other overload spells instead of soul fire doom guard.

I dunno, I really hope they add anti aggro, but black rock mountain literally added thorisan and patron to the meta, doesn't give me a lot of confidence.

Pooya

yeah face shaman will be a thing, it's too good for it.

So Garrison Commander is a neutral? oh my....Blizzard you insane

end game hunter finisher just as you gained control. trueheart then next turn GC and 6 to face everyturn.

They can unload their hand carefree before then, don't hold back on those skill commands!

GC is a lot better and more playable than Coldarra Drake too.

yeah face shaman will be a thing, it's too good for it.

So Garrison Commander is a neutral? oh my....Blizzard you insane

end game hunter finisher just as you gained control. trueheart then next turn GC and 6 to face everyturn.

They can unload their hand carefree before then, don't hold back on those skill commands!

GC is a lot better and more playable than Coldarra Drake too.

Sounds strong, but don't forget that Rogues are meanwhile adding +1 attack to their weapon. 8 or 9 turns later you are dead.

johnsmith

remember me
Oh yeah guys. I just remembered I freaking hate arena!

Sure is getting fun slammed in the face with a fel reaver every turn, while your mage opponent has infinite frostbolts, fireballs, and blizzards.

And I get to draft a deck with no consecrates and no true silvers.

Mage after mage after mage.

Yeah, i'm spending all my gold on packs. There's no way in hell I'm burning through 8,000 gold in arena without blowing my brains out.

Miletius

Oh yeah guys. I just remembered I freaking hate arena!

Sure is getting fun slammed in the face with a fel reaver every turn, while your mage opponent has infinite frostbolts, fireballs, and blizzards.

And I get to draft a deck with no consecrates and no true silvers.

Mage after mage after mage.

Yeah, i'm spending all my gold on packs. There's no way in hell I'm burning through 8,000 gold in arena without blowing my brains out.

Sometimes your sanity is worth it. Plus, 8000 gold would take you months to get through, if you ever run out at all.

I have a feeling that there will specifically be a card that breaks hero powers. Maybe one that makes your opponent's power cost double. I have the feeling Blizzard knows that certain powers *cough* Warlock will get even more powerful this expansion and they need to do something to counter them.

Raxus

I have a good experience with arena but at its best it is never ending so I do matches in small chunks.

Pros to Hafu who dies non-stop arena.

bjaelke

These new cards will hopefully spice up arena. GvG's influence was significant and brought new life back to the mode. It has become a bit stale as of late. Started doing constructed again after losing interest in arena.

---

Anyone online on EU that I can spectate?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, I want to play arena some more when new cards arrive as it spices things up and gets a bigger userbase of varying skill instead of being a gauntlet of mostly infinite players.

That said the changes to the card you get are a massive turn off and is going to curb how much I want to really dip into it since I want the new packs only.

johnsmith

remember me
Honestly I'll probably just quit once I get every hero to gold. Only have paladin, mage, and shaman to go, and paladin will be done by the time the expansion comes out.

There'll be very little motivation to keep playing after that.

Dreavus

I have a good experience with arena but at its best it is never ending so I do matches in small chunks.

Pros to Hafu who dies non-stop arena.

Yep, I take it a grain at a time too. I don't play the game enough to support multiple full (bad) runs.

Pooya

Having Effigy and playing Justicar seems pretty neat. It's guaranteed to die instantly and 6 drops are all great to have for free. It could turn into Sylvanas or Sky Golem. There are not that many possibilities, RNG will be gud here, hmmm

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/neutral-minions-6-mana-7-mana-and-more

keeping a mad scientist for tun 5, or 4 if you have coin and play a spell like arcane intellect. It's rough but I like to try a deck like that :p

gotta keep/mulligan Justicar or else she's pointless really in any deck.

A lot of the cards look like they'd be really fun or powerful in slow, drawn out games... which means people will try them for two days and realise that they're useless against Hunters, Zoolocks etc. that populate ladder and leave them.

jgminto

Having Effigy and playing Justicar seems pretty neat. It's guaranteed to die instantly and 6 drops are all great to have for free. It could turn into Sylvanas or Sky Golem. There are not that many possibilities, RNG will be gud here, hmmm

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/neutral-minions-6-mana-7-mana-and-more

keeping a mad scientist for tun 5, or 4 if you have coin and play a spell like arcane intellect. It's rough but I like to try a deck like that :p

gotta keep/mulligan Justicar or else she's pointless really in any deck.

Getting a Coldarra Drake from a Justicar Effigy would be such a great draw if they don't have an immediate answer.

Minsc

Gold Member

If you don't have like 6 one mana creatures in your deck (and really, what minions do Shaman run besides chow at 1 mana) and thus have no turn 1 play, it's still going to screw you over (and if you do have all those 1-mana creautres, hope you enjoy the endless warrior and handlock matches the game pits you against). It's essentially a 3 mana spell that dies to a single 2-mana mage spell, and will mess up your turn 3 (no wolves or 3-drop), and even worse if played back-to-back will cost you your 4-drop on turn 4. Or it will trigger freeze trap and get send back to your hand and cost 5 mana the next time you cast it with overload, really doesn't help solve shaman's troubles at all.

A 1 mana 0/2 totem that let you draw a card when you use your hero power would have been ideal (inspire: draw a card). At least then when the mage burns removal it's a 2 mana spell vs a 1-drop, and it's not going to get sent back to your hand from a Freeze trap either.

Edit: Comparing to to Cleric, I think you could actually make it a 1/2 totem, or 0/3, and it'd still be in line.

Edit 2: Overload is a completely horrible mechanic, and not cost correctly for the mana loss. Really anything with overload should be more value than playing the card at the same mana cost. Like that totem that's a 3/4 for 2(+1) mana is the same as a Spider tank for 3 mana. That's not good enough now, it needs to be better than a 3-drop if it's going to cost you your next turn's mana. Should be closer to a 4-drop imo, like 3/5 taunt or even 4/5 to carry the overload properly.

A 3/5 taunt for 2(+1) mana or a Yeti would get people running Shaman again. Do this for all the overload cards and you have yourself a class. Mage's get like a 5/3 minion for 1 mana, I don't see why a Shaman can't have a 3/5 one for 3. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom