• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

It was actually pretty worth it to buy packs for GvG because quite a few of the commons were very useful along with a few rares. You just saved up the dust for Dr Balanced and you basically had a majority of the competitive cards already.

I would say 20 packs should be enough.

Very cool legendary. Very iffy on if it'd replace one Shieldmaiden in CW. Like a lot of the cards shown in this set, you have to use your hero power to see the value. Shieldmaiden gives you five armor immediately and that's very helpful a lot of the time against aggro decks who are within range of killing you. It'd only be helpful in control matchups, where matches are slow and and even then it dies immediately to Belcher and Shieldmaiden does not.

Druids and Shamans would love this card especially since Druids can get it out early. Warlocks would too but I don't see how it fits in the decks that are out there.

iirate

Upgraded Shaman hero power will let you summon duplicate totems.

https://twitter.com/CM_Whirthun/status/624274323877044227

I think Totemic Slam is one of the best upgraded powers and this just makes it even better.

I've had a theory since we found out this is the hero power set that only seems to be reinforced by the card art we saw today. I have a feeling the champions they've been teasing will be a cycle of(mostly or entirely) class-specific minions that give you an entirely new hero power.

At first I assumed they were new skins(like so many did), but seeing the pirate convinced me they had to be something else, but I still believed they were related to the heroes in an important way. Now we have the art of the Blood Knight on a card, so they're most likely collectible minions in the set, but the teaser has still implied something exceptional about these particular minions.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm already imaging the Trolden video where the shaman spawns a million taunt totems and a Warrior can't deal with them.

Dahbomb

You know what I found funny?

Almost every class got their effects essentially doubled (or got a more unique property).... but Hunter's power only went up by 1 damage!

Imagine if that did 4 damage though.... oh boy!

zoukka

Very cool legendary. Very iffy on if it'd replace one Shieldmaiden in CW. Like a lot of the cards shown in this set, you have to use your hero power to see the value. Shieldmaiden gives you five armor immediately and that's very helpful a lot of the time against aggro decks who are within range of killing you. It'd only be helpful in control matchups, where matches are slow and and even then it dies immediately to Belcher and Shieldmaiden does not.

Druids and Shamans would love this card especially since Druids can get it out early. Warlocks would too but I don't see how it fits in the decks that are out there.

It doesn't replace maiden in any functionality. You slam trueheart down as quickly as possible like thaurissan. You coin that shit out and you don't care if it gets traded by belcher ( still a good trade imo ). Once it's out you are in some heavy advantage from there as a warrior or priest. Maybe other classes too but those two gain a ridiculous sustain from that moment on. I don't see much value for shaman tbh totems die anyway.

Pooya

I think it's only really good in Druid, gaining armor like normal warrior does plus 2 attack? it seems too good to me. Druid has problem with removals, this is cool if you innervate it on turn 2!

good to see some cheap legs though, wonder what they will do, they must have some big draw backs.

One mana legendary hype!

No idea what the drawback on the 1 mana leg could be. It would have to be similar to Milhouse for being stronger then Zombie Chow, aka no one will play it

This is a permanent effect? Will probably replace 1 Shieldmaiden in control warrior.
Could work in druid too, yes

I'm already imaging the Trolden video where the shaman spawns a million taunt totems and a Warrior can't deal with them.

I pulled this off against a Control Warrior once. He blew his removals early, and couldn't do anything but run his enraged Grommash into Stoneclaw Totems over and over again. Since I already had all the other totems out, I was guaranteed to get it back every turn. I survived something like 10 turns with Grommash on the board while I was only at 4 health. I eventually got it removed, but the match didn't end until he hit fatigue and finally accepted that he was never getting those last 4 health off of me.

Acinixys

It's already been announced as $50 for 50 packs.

Damn thats R620

Thats a full tank of petrol for my car.

luna_sparkle.gif

br3wnor

How much gold/dust have you guys hoarded waiting for the expansion?

I'm up to 2,000 gold and 2,600 dust. Wish I hadn't unlocked any BRM wings past getting Thaurissian or I'd really be balling.

Dahbomb

1500 gold and about a thousand dust. I will probably spend like $20 on packs too depending on how much I like the whole set once it has been showcased.

I had like 2000+ dust saved up but then the Summoner Brawl happened and I emergency crafted a few epics to test them in the Brawl. That was a big mistake on my part but oh well...

gutshot

Only just started saving gold this week so I'm at around 700. I do have 3500 in Amazon coins that I'm gonna use to buy TGT packs as well.

I have about 1700 dust.

It doesn't replace maiden in any functionality. You slam trueheart down as quickly as possible like thaurissan. You coin that shit out and you don't care if it gets traded by belcher ( still a good trade imo ). Once it's out you are in some heavy advantage from there as a warrior or priest. Maybe other classes too but those two gain a ridiculous sustain from that moment on. I don't see much value for shaman tbh totems die anyway.

Yeah I can see it running alongside two Maidens like Thaurissan does in CW. I was mainly speaking on replacing Shieldmaiden with this.

Shamans would benefit in my opinion because there are too many times where you have to rely on RNG to buff your Lightning Storm with the spell damage totem or a taunt totem to slow your opponent down. It would be helpful to take away some of the RNG that has plagued the class to begin with.

I could see it in Priest too.

I'm up to 2,000 gold and 2,600 dust. Wish I hadn't unlocked any BRM wings past getting Thaurissian or I'd really be balling.

I just started saving gold a couple of days ago so I have about 460 of that, but I'm at over 10,000 dust at the moment. About to buy some Amazon coins.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Opiate

If you used Justicar and Velen at the same time would you heal for 8? And it doesn't work with Shadowform right?

Justicar and shadowform almost certainly have anti synergy, based on their wording.

Both replace your hero power, so presumably one just replaces the other. You could shadowform, then shadowform again, then justicar, and you would stop doing 3 damage and heal for 4 instead, completely replacing your shadowform cards.

ZealousD

I havent hoarded any gold because I just hate not opening packs regularly. Plus I am a completionist and I am trying to get the full Classic and GvG sets anyway. I have about 12k dust, though. I don't know when I am going to use my dust, though. I kind of want to use it to complete sets but as long as I can keep getting packs from any set as arena/quest rewards I don't want to spend dust on cards I probably won't use.

What I have done instead of hoarding gold is that stopped buying packs with real money. I had a regular budget per month and so I've stopped buying. The money I've saved will be applied to the new expansion instead. So I'll probably spend more than $50 on packs when the expansion starts.

ZealousD

Justicar and shadowform almost certainly have anti synergy, based on their wording.

Both replace your hero power, so presumably one just replaces the other. You could shadowform, then shadowform again, then justicar, and you would stop doing 3 damage and heal for 4 instead, completely replacing your shadowform cards.

Justicar says "starting" hero power. If you are in Shadowform and play Justicar, it won't replace Shadowform. It will do nothing.

3645 dust, 10325 gold. I've been playing mostly arena to convert gold to dust for the past 2 seasons though.

Do you usally get nice results in Arena? That's a lot of gold

Been playing 2-3 Arenas a week since the start, and I'm sitting at 3k gold... maybe I'm not that good. Though I must admit that I don't play that much

JesseZao

where is this info?

It starts next week. You can pre-order cards. I have some amazon coins to spend so hopefully they have a % back deal to sweeten the prospect. I'll wait until I get 30-50% back from amazon since that's better than 25% from this deal. Would be nice if they overlap though.

TomServo

But if it is anything like GvG 95% of the useful cards will be commons and rares, so buying a boatload of packs may end up being more efficient.

If it's on the level of GvG, 50 packs would be overkill to get the useful cards. I spent $20 on GvG's release (15 packs?), got what I needed to play the new meta decks, and was back to dusting 95% of my new cards within a season.

Phawx

It starts next week. You can pre-order cards. I have some amazon coins to spend so hopefully they have a % back deal to sweeten the prospect. I'll wait until I get 30-50% back from amazon since that's better than 20% from this deal. Would be nice if they overlap though.

I meant the $50 for 50 pack. I heard there was going to be a discount but I didn't see any official announcement.

Also good call on the amazon thing. I bought coins on Prime Day to get 20% more coins on top of the amount of extra coins they give you. Hoping Amazon has a coins back deal as well.

JesseZao

Been playing 2-3 Arenas a week since the start, and I'm sitting at 3k gold... maybe I'm not that good. Though I must admit that I don't play that much

A daily player can earn roughly 100g a day with quests and constructed only, so if you are higher than that, counting packs earned from arena, you're doing fine.

Majine

Banned
The wording on the card makes it seem like the effect remains even after Justicar dies, which I expect to be pretty quickly.

500 dust i just crafted Alex and Antonidas but seeing as they are pretty much top tier im not really that mad. Only 180 gold, but ill probably grind atleast 30 packs before this is out.

Still considering the 50 pack preorder offer.

You think they'll start charging for Tavern Brawl?

They're talking about changing it up along with the random-pack-arena-rewards. Seems strange to start charging for something that's been free for a couple months, but who knows.

I also wonder if they'll be as generous as they were with the GvG release--didn't they give out a free arena ticket and three free packs on release day? I'm sure they're gonna make loads of cash with the pre-orders, but it seems like they're definitely pushing for more cash transactions nowadays.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Charging... for Brawl?

Like, why would anyone pay for these haphazard one-off side attractions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom