• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT3| Preparing for the Ball of Spiders Meta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special C

Damn it, why does Eloise have to start streaming just as I'm heading to bed. She went to visit blizzard today.

CK9B6EXUMAAWHB3.jpg:large

Wow she looks like a 12 year old.

Ultrabum

Thing about TCG's you can't just print better and better cards in every expansion. Power creep kills the game. Kings Defender is a fine arena card and it's not absolutely worse than War-axe since they are different kind of cards. Will constructed decks need a card like that? Most likely not, but that's just the nature of this game, warrior already has weapons that cover early-mid-late game.

TCG's need huge card variety more than anything. Weird combinations and shifts in meta might make former unplayables relevant again.

Ya, but maybe they should finish one of their half done decks instead of including worse versions of existing cards like kings defender. Like, finish beast Druid or add kings defender but instead of taunt its have a dragon in your hand... Or give shamen some more murlocks...

Probably none of those things are good, but at least it's better than kings defender.

Szadek

Is Onyxia playable? If I dust her I'd have enough to craft a legend. Boom, Antonidas or Sylvanas, still not sure (probably Boom).
Nobody plays Onyxia in high ranks. You could potenially play it as a replacment for a better legendary in a slow deck,but that's about it.

Unless you really want to play mage , Dr Boom is the better choice.

Vitanimus

pulled a deathwing this morning. insta dust yes? think I'm gonna try expand my druid cards because I don't have essentials. like ancient of war or lore, etc.

Rapstah

pulled a deathwing this morning. insta dust yes? think I'm gonna try expand my druid cards because I don't have essentials. like ancient of war or lore, etc.

Deathwing is run in the latest dragon Warrior decklist but that's not a very good decklist.

Probably dust it.

Pooya

I've seen some zoolocks run Deathwing actually, it can win you the game as one last effort when you run out ammo, unlikely the opponent to have removals left.

In any case, it's a cool card I wouldn't dust it. Unlike boring cards like Gruul for example.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I wouldn't dust or craft basically anything until after the expansion, guys. Sounds like a recipie for doing something that you are going to regret later.

Fireblend

Banned
Is crafting a rare card a bad idea? I've been trying to get one single Azure Drake and like 15 packs later it's just not showing up :'(

Also got Baron Geddon yesterday in a pack. Am I better off disenchanting him, or are there decks that make use of it?

At least I also got Blade Flurry in that same pack.

Santiako

Is crafting a rare card a bad idea? I've been trying to get one single Azure Drake and like 15 packs later it's just not showing up :'(

Also got Baron Geddon yesterday in a pack. Am I better off disenchanting him, or are there decks that make use of it?

At least I also got Blade Flurry in that same pack.

I crafted 2 azure drakes, they go well in most decks so they are worthy I think.

Raxus

Never seen it used beyond control warrior.

I'd keep it since it isn't worthless at the very least.

People in this thread keep getting decent legendaries and disenchanting them for the flavor of the month legendaries. Apart from Boom and Sylvanis the rest of the legendaries are either deck centric or shift depending on the meta.

That would be a huge nerf as it could be cleanly dealt with on turn 7 with a single bgh (of course assuming he would no longer spawn boom bots when played initially). Actually not a bad idea.

I'm don't know, it would make Dr. Boom the equivalent of a war golem. One of the biggest points of Dr. Boom is having an immediate and relatively hard to get rid of board presence.

Pooya

Baron Geddon is another cool card that has utility, just because it's not on popular netdecks right now doesn't mean you should dust it.

There are some really worthless legendary cards, you dust those without second thought, Baron Geddon isn't one of those.

Some new cards could make old cards popular, specially when a new set is coming up.

Now some cards like Gruul or The Beast are really trash, will always be trash and has no real utility. Baron Geddon is a good aoe, actually I've seen some Druids run it even. It was the first legendary I pulled and it has saved me countless times in those early days, I used to put it in a control mage deck. When you're losing board it sure is great. It turns around the game against shaman and paladin.

J0dy77

I wouldn't dust it unless it's gold. Breaking any decent legendary just isn't worth the loss of dust ratio since you only get 400 dust back. One epic is not going to have the same impact that deathwing might. He's also a very playable card in control decks.

Kioshen

Didn't think about using Geddon vs Shaman. Could be useful if the class makes a come back after TGT. I also got it recently but kept it just in case control warrior ever comes back in favor.

Didn't think about using Geddon vs Shaman. Could be useful if the class makes a come back after TGT. I also got it recently but kept it just in case control warrior ever comes back in favor.

Even Geddon can't stop this Shaman train!

Justicar Trueheart is going to end up being huge in CW. I do agree with Reynad on that.

jgminto

Played some Ranked and got matched with five Face Hunters in six games as Rogue.

I think that was my worst experience with the game so far. Even though I won three of those games it wasn't satisfying at all.

Kioshen

Other than Ratsmah (which I can't watch for long with all his nose sniffing), any other good arena player that still streams I could watch to get better in arena ?

Vitanimus

I think my worst habit for both constructed and arena is that I tend to automatically want to trade when I don't need to. instead of seeing 16 damage to the face, I just see what I can trade instead.

I think my worst habit for both constructed and arena is that I tend to automatically want to trade when I don't need to. instead of seeing 16 damage to the face, I just see what I can trade instead.

Yeah it's one of the most nuanced skills to learn. There's no hard and fast rule and sometimes you just bluff by going full face and forcing them into trading. In general you want to force a board state that pressures your opponent into unfavorable trades.

Dre

I have to redeem it through HS from the Amazon store, aye? I already locked the code into my account. Just waiting for it to come back up.

I thought all of those amazon prize codes were for discounts on coins. So you have to buy the coins first and then you use the coins to buy the packs.

Just had Amazon support on the line, they told me that the code had actually been registered in their system but for some reason did not trigger the discount as I bought the packs through the in-app Hearthstone store. They're now going to retroactively give me my 50% discount.

Amaz redeemed!

ViviOggi

Can anyone help me get my pack for observing someone win? My handle is TheGrue#1545
US or EU?

27h20m from this post

On whenever the Twitter vote reaches 100%

It's possible there's also another blog post or something else today too. They seem to rotate between voting and letting other sites release cards.

Some Brazilian stream is set to reveal a card at around 8 PM EDT today, too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...ive_card_reveal_tomorrow_the_28th_300_pm_pdt/

Cheers!

daemissary

Other than Ratsmah (which I can't watch for long with all his nose sniffing), any other good arena player that still streams I could watch to get better in arena ?

Hafu is also very good at arena. I think I'm going to start streaming this weekend after I get my new PC and I'm fairly consistently over 7 wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom