• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
wat?

v7F71kS.png

Like warriors don't already :)

Nice free kill. Should have had it not take dmg when you opponent attacks the face essentially making it a super taunt.

....you're discounting the part where you get another legendary in your calculation. it's 9 mana 2 legendaries. sure it can bomb and give you nat pagle or cho, but there's so many high cost legendaries out there, the curve is quite high. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be worth the 9 mana.

I dunno, to have it be truly crazy you have to have like 3+ minions up at the start of your next turn, so your opponent has to leave your board alive. Has leaving a paladin's board alone ever been a good idea?

Then again it could pull Majordomo and cost you the game

Am I reading that secret right?

That sounds absolutely insane to me.

What does it do? For those of us at work.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I don't think it's as good as Healbot. It's very weird how it's costed.

Healbot
3/3
Gain 8

Ramshield
3/9
Gain effectively 9... but at the cost of itself. I guess if you attack a Giant while it's a 3/1, it'll still absorb all 8 damage?

I would've made it 3/10.

Opiate

What does it do? For those of us at work.

Paladin plays secret
At the start of his next turn, all minions on his board get +1/+1

Combined with avenge, this gives ebolapaladin a very strong reason to play mad scientist, which accelerates their already blistering curve even further, making them extraordinarily efficient.

Rockyrock

since Palestress summons the legendary and doesnt just put it in your hand I think it could see play.

should've been like a 4/5 or 6 tho.

zoukka

Yeah it should take the excess damage if the wording is accurate (usually with HS it isn't).

I like the mechanic, I always thought the game needed some form of Spell taunt.

But it's a bit too slow at 6 mana.

At 5 it would be way too good. Remember it's got 9 ass so you can taunt it up if you have to play it later on so it's kinda like a neutral ancient of war in some cases. A solid card imo, very flexible.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So every card is going to be revealed today. I'm thinking of doing a long card review stream either late Saturday or sometime on Sunday. Would anybody be interested in doing like a Skype setup where maybe multiple gaffers do a review? We'd be going through every card so it might take awhile, admittedly. Several hours.

Dahbomb

Imagine if you have a decent board with Mad Scientist. The opponent kills the Mad Scientist and when its your turn that Secret automatically triggers because it was played earlier by Mad Scientist.

So Mad Scientist deathrattle becomes "give your minions +1/+1 on your next turn".

Man fuck Mad Scientist.

So every card is going to be revealed today. I'm thinking of doing a long card review stream either late Saturday or sometime on Sunday. Would anybody be interested in doing like a Skype setup where maybe multiple gaffers do a review? We'd be going through every card so it might take awhile, admittedly. Several hours.
I would be down for this but do it tomorrow because we don't know when all the cards will be released today. Plus it gives us time to gather thoughts on the new cards as a set rather than have some knee jerk reactions.

Opiate

I like the mechanic, I always thought the game needed some form of Spell taunt.

But it's a bit too slow at 6 mana.

I see exactly one potential fit: priest. Not just because of the healing, but also because we're accumulating a lot of cards which are beginning to look like strong minions for a divine spirit/inner fire/maybe confuse deck.

Tournament medic is a 1/8
Deathlord a 2/8
This minion is a 3/9

All of these are borderline playable on their own -- maybe too slow. In an inner fire / divine spirit deck, however, they become very deadly very quickly. I'm not sure it will work, but it's the only good sign for priest I've seen in this set.

embalm

I don't think it's as good as Healbot. It's very weird how it's costed.

Healbot
3/3
Gain 8

Ramshield
3/9
Gain effectively 9... but at the cost of itself. I guess if you attack a Giant while it's a 3/1, it'll still absorb all 8 damage?

I would've made it 3/10.
It has other advantages. When you heal yourself or the minion it also heals the other. I can't remember which way it works. That alone makes it pretty swell.

It's a pretty massive body for priest gimmicks as well.

Dahbomb

I see exactly one potential fit: priest. Not just because of the healing, but also because we're accumulating a lot of cards which are beginning to look like strong minions for a divine spirit/inner fire/maybe confuse deck.

Tournament medic is a 1/8
Deathlord a 2/8
This minion is a 3/9

All of these are borderline playable on their own -- maybe too slow. In an inner fire / divine spirit deck, however, they become very deadly very quickly. I'm not sure it will work, but it's the only good sign for priest I've seen in this set.
Confuse too man.

Priest OTK DECK!!!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'll probably craft a bunch of Dragons the moment this drops. I can't imagine it not being a Tier 2 deck at least.

V-Faction

My stream cut out, didn't get to see the final match.

That Shaman Legendary - Mistcaller - Okay, first off, THAT'S REALLY COOL AND VERY NEW/UNIQUE.

...buuuut I kinda, sorta wish that hadn't just made yet another stat-boost Shaman effect. There's no Overload synergy to be had, which means the faults of the past are still going to occur, like working around bad mana turns.

Also, it doesn't work with our Hero Power. It doesn't work with summoned minions. It doesn't especially work well with Reincarnate, or Ancestral Spirit, or Ancestor's Call. It's 6 mana, which just got a lot more competitive with Justicar Trueheart and Ramshield. It's also slow, because it only affects your hand and board, nothing immediately ON the board.

Still. That's being nitpicky. It's probably an autoinclude in any Shaman deck now.

Opiate

Confuse too man.

Priest OTK DECK!!!

I had confuse in there.

But yeah, in the same way that silver hand knights have pseudo taunt because nobody wants to see them buffed by quartermaster, I suspect we will start seeing decks where no one wants to let Priest have 1/8 minions stay alive.

As a priest:
- Shadowfiend seems...decent. Best value when starting in hand. I wish I had more reliable card draw though.
- Spawn of shadows... face priest? Not my style.
- Confessor.. needs preparation. And can't be played if you are losing board. Have to see how it works, but unfortunately not very reliable :-/

Pooya

Bolf is weird, the card seems good at first look but I'm not sure what is the right way to play it in any match up, not just aggro that ignores it and goes face still.

VS aggro, you just heal 9 for 6 and it's probably going to die and leaving nothing on board, isn't it better to heal 8 for 5 and have a 3/3 body that can get back in your hand with freezing trap? It's just that nobody is going to trade with this ever. It's not going to kill anything, Maybe it's best to play this behind a taunt and hit face with it?

VS other types, I don't know. I'm a bit confused in how to effectively play this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom