• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Elemental Destruction is for Control/Deathrattle Shaman.

Fittingly enough, it's best as a turn 6 play.

Turn 6
Destruction
Mana Totem

Turn 7
Lava Shock
Loatheb/whatever

Maybe Elemental Destruction will be a one of in certain decks as a desperation play but I really doubt it. Most disappointing card for me. I hate Lightning Storm.

I don't know why Blizzard thought Shaman would want to pay 8 mana for Flamestrike that hits your own minions.
I think it's to open up really slow Shaman decks, one not concerned with getting things on the board early. With both Healing Wave and EleDestruction, you can keep the game going longer. Not sure if it'll work out at all though. You lose a whole turn if you can't lava shock which is pretty bad, even if your opponent is in topdeck.

Dreavus

Bolf will be a good priest card I think, if you can buff him up. If you can't buff him, then he essentially is just a 3/9 taunt-ish thing that the opponents can kill without retaliation by attacking you instead. He protects you like a taunt, but at the same time doesn't counter attack the minions that attack you to hurt him.

With buffs that put him out of reach of dying, then it becomes a no-win proposition for your opponent, since they can't just go past him and attack you (which is often what happens when you drop a minion unkillable by the aggro deck like a giant or something).

manfestival

is the Iron Juggernaut any good? I took a long hiatus till like last week (I think naxxramus was announced prior to the last time I played). Just got one(making it my second legendary aside from ysera).

Also I think stampeding kodo is my favorite card

It looks like blizzard is finally adding a 2 drop I want to play in rogue.

11888083_966900310019404_3218240562952137553_n.jpg

I wanted to play autobarber and did a while, but this one is streets ahead in desire

V-Faction

EleDestruction I really wish it was a permanent 5 or 4-6 range because it'll never be good with Spell Damage.

However, I am considering it simply because you'll use this for Control, or if you're behind. Just gotta play it the proper way. It's like... they wanted a damage version of Twisting Nether with the same drawback but at a cheaper cost.

ViviOggi

Killing a Mech Warper? A Snowchugger? Removing a divine shield? Killing two smaller annoying minions for cheaper cost? Kills a Shredder with Backstab?

I am not saying this card is better than SI7 but this is legitimately a good card. I would actually consider running this over an Autobarber.

The problem is it messes up your curve and, like Haly said, uses up SI activators. There's only so many ways you can combo early without blowing a Prep.

Autobarber is only really played in Assassin's Blade lists for the additional synergy. Otherwise it's as clunky as the new card.

is the Iron Juggernaut any good? I took a long hiatus till like last week (I think naxxramus was announced prior to the last time I played). Just got one(making it my second legendary aside from ysera).

Also I think stampeding kodo is my favorite card

It's bad, and not played in any current Warrior deck

Szadek

Elemental Destruction is such a joke.
Why on earth has this card overload 5?
It costs more mana than flamestrike,but also kills our own cards,too.

gutshot

Not really. Although I did have fun with him in a gimmick deck designed to Youthful Brewmaster him back into my hand, play him multiple times, and then finish off my opponent by forcing them to draw cards with Coldlight Oracles. It was a hilarious deck, but not at all viable.

zoukka

Elemental Destruction is such a joke.
Why on earth has this card overload 5?
It costs more mana than flamestrike,but also kills our own cards,too.

You can play it earlier. Shaman has a card that netralizes overload. In future expansion they might get even more ways to combat overload.

Dahbomb

The problem is it messes up your curve and, like Haly said, uses up SI activators. There's only so many ways you can combo early without blowing a Prep.

Autobarber is only really played in Assassin's Blade lists for the additional synergy. Otherwise it's as clunky as the new card.
How does it mess up your curve if the opponent plays a turn one Leper Gnome and you answer with coin that card? You gain massive tempo against an aggro/tempo deck and you also don't take an additional 2 face damage.

This card allows Rogue to get on the board a turn earlier and save the face damage by also using it to trade (trading this minion with another 2 mana minion feels way better than trading an SI with a 3/2). It's also way less clunky than Autobarber (which in most cases is a 4 mana play at the minimum).

ViviOggi

It's great at what it does. A 3/5 is a very nice body against aggro decks, it trades with 2 minions that aren't buffed. And you know... it heals you. Compare it to Farseer and you'll see the error in your ways.

Since Healbot was introduced pretty much any deck but Oil Rogue (who needs something to fill the 3-slot anyway) has cut Farseer, so being better than that doesn't really mean anything. 4 is generally a massive power turn where your gameplan is always to play something better, except for Priest maybe. The one thing the card has going for it is that it trades favorably with Shredder.

Note that I only called it "meh", not crap like so many other cards. It's worth testing out and might even see some actual play.

zoukka

Since Healbot was introduced pretty much any deck but Oil Rogue (who needs something to fill the 3-slot anyway) has cut Farseer, so being better than that doesn't really mean anything. 4 is generally a massive power turn where your gameplan is always to play something better, except for Priest maybe. The one thing the card has going for it is that it trades favorably with Shredder.

Note that I only called it "meh", not crap like so many other cards. It's worth testing out and might even see some actual play.

You just wanna be a negative nancy.

Pooya

I'm just going to craft Twilight Guardian and Chillmaw to play dragon decks, not too impressed with others. Where is hunter leg?

Learn to read guys -.-
I don't think it's all that good even with heal for anyone but priest, taunting it seem like missing the point and it becomes too expensive for it to combat any aggro.

inky

Better than Recycle I guess.

Random minion, I'm guessing, not from his deck. Might be alright if so. Until you give them the win that is.

Have all class legendaries been revealed?

I don't remember seeing/hearing about a hunter leg yet.

Still Hunter to go, and it's going to be 2 legendaries for them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How does it mess up your curve if the opponent plays a turn one Leper Gnome and you answer with coin that card? You gain massive tempo against an aggro/tempo deck and you also don't take an additional 2 face damage.

Cause you're going to feel very bad when your turn 5 hand is SI:7, Valiant, Cold Blood and Eviscerate.

Like, there is a soft cap on the amount of combo cards a deck can sustain, unless you use your combo cards to trigger other combo cards (usually a desperation play). If you run this, and SI:7, you might have a hard time fitting in Oil. And then there will be other Combo cards you might want to run, but can't sustain, such as Sabotage, or Van Cleef.

Dahbomb

Mulch is a very good tempo card that Druid needed. Also it's a staple in Fatigue/Mill Druid decks.

Man Druid keeps winning in this expansion.

Cause you're going to feel very bad when your turn 5 hand is SI:7, Valiant, and Eviscerate.
What's so sad about that? Valiant at its worst is still a 3/2 for 2 mana, better than a 3 mana 3/3. You can play Valiant and then combo the other two pieces.

It's worth mentioning that Valiant fits better in a Tempo style Rogue deck that is more midrange/minion oriented. That type of deck wants to be putting minions/threats on the board early while also gaining tempo with cards like Valiant if possible. While I don't think it fits well in existing the Oil Rogue decks(maybe it does who knows) but the card is solid enough where it can see play in some Rogue deck down the line (along with Dark Iron Skulker).

Rockyrock

I think TGT is going to be a good expansion. Theres a lot of cards I think can make for some really interesting decks and open up a bunch of new ideas.

gonna be way better than GVG at least.

Santiako

Mulch is pretty good for druid.

Power Word: Glory is great as basically 1 mana removal for any minion that hits for less than 4 against aggro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom