• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

11894989_966899623352806_7438718614512924987_o.jpg

OMG they gave the Foe Reaper effect to a cheaper card!

I always wanted that! Too bad the health is terrible but the attack is insane!

Why? it also heals your opponent.
Healing your opponent doesn't matter if you are playing against Aggro. I guess it's bad against like a Handlock but so is Zombie Chow.

zoukka

Bolf is weird, the card seems good at first look but I'm not sure what is the right way to play it in any match up, not just aggro that ignores it and goes face still.

VS aggro, you just heal 9 for 6 and it's probably going to die and leaving nothing on board, isn't it better to heal 8 for 5 and have a 3/3 body that can get back in your hand with freezing trap? It's just that nobody is going to trade with this ever. It's not going to kill anything, Maybe it's best to play this behind a taunt and hit face with it?

VS other types, I don't know. I'm a bit confused in how to effectively play this.

Just taunt his ass bro. Also minion heal cards work in it and basically act like they would heal your hero. Very valuable against aggro.

Oh it looks like I misunderstood Shadowfiend. It doesn't reduce its own cost by 1, it reduces the cost of every card you draw after you play it by one. Whoops.

Dahbomb

Which is harder anti aggro: refreshment vendor or tazdingo? If so, why?
Tazdingo is too solid. I would still prefer Tazdingo. I am very biased towards that card, it was like my first card that saw me through some tough matches.

Refreshment Vendor is better against burn heavy decks like Face Hunter were as Tazdingo is better against decks that are more tempo oriented. Sometimes you really need the clutch healing to get out of lethal range. Tazdingo can get silenced but this card's effect is a Battlecry so it will get the desired value.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Just taunt his ass bro. Also minion heal cards work in it and basically act like they would heal your hero. Very valuable against aggro.

That is some awful wording then. Where does it mention heals?

inky

Not sure Seal of Champions is that great. You already get that effect several ways for the same or less mana. Sure, it's only 1 card vs 2+, but I don't think you'll mind.

Haly

It's not a great card, for the main reason that 1 damage is not very significant in this environment. And, if you burn Coin/Backstab to activate it, well, you just lost your activation for SI:7. They cannibalize each other in a way that makes them worse if they're played together.

you heal the minion, the minion can now protect you from further damage because it has more health. so things like circle of healing can be used to protect yourself.

Oh, I see. Yeah I guess.

zoukka

That is some awful wording then. Where does it mention heals?

Nah I meant like with taunts, if you heal your taunt, it's basically like gaining life. But this legendary also shields you from spells/hero powers/excess damage (maybe).

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe it's just me but most of the new cards seem that exciting,however murloc knight and the new priest legendary are pretty damn good, guess i just like more rng bullshit
laugh.gif

Parshias7

Which is harder anti aggro: refreshment vendor or tazdingo? If so, why?

Hard to say. They both have the same statline. Refreshment Vendor heals your for 4, unless you have 27 health or more. (in which case you're not against an aggro deck, or something is going very very wrong for your opponent) Tazdingo "heals" you for 5. (or more, if they maybe have to trade two 3 attack minions in)

One benefit Refreshment Vendor has over Tazdingo is that its healing is unstoppable. Since Tazdingo doesn't actually heal, its "healing" can be avoided by your opponent silencing it and continuing to go face. Refreshment Vendor always gives you the health back.

V-Faction

Bolf is like Armor+Pseudo-Taunt.

If they decide to attack him, they ignore your face, damage their minions, and clear your board.

If they decide to attack you, you prevent face damage, Bolf tanks the hits, their minions stay alive, but so does potentially Bolf.

He prevents damage caused by weapons, and can be healed back to full. It's very interesting.

Haly

If they decide to attack you, you prevent face damage, Bolf tanks the hits, their minions stay alive, but so does potentially Bolf.

They will always attack you. If they had enough damage on the board to clear Bolf, they'll just go for your face instead.

Pooya

so if I drop a healbot it heals Bolf and me right? if Bolf lives a turn like that it's pretty good but I feel the card is just very very good for priest more than anyone else. Divine Spirit on this, you're pretty much invincible and it has to be silenced. It's more useful than their class legendary.

Maybe Elemental Destruction will be a one of in certain decks as a desperation play but I really doubt it. Most disappointing card for me. I hate Lightning Storm.

I don't know why Blizzard thought Shaman would want to pay 8 mana for Flamestrike that hits your own minions.

I dunno, not a lot of these cards look very strong...

Shaman and Priest stay losing of course. Betting Warrior will be the real winner, because we need more strong warrior decks.

embalm

Beast Hunter might be for real.

King's Elek & Webspinner are really great early game plays.
Mad Scientist into Bear Trap/Snake Trap could build up a board with beasts ready for turn 5 Ram Wrangler.

gutshot

Beast Hunter might be for real.

King's Elek & Webspinner are really great early game plays.
Mad Scientist into Bear Trap/Snake Trap could build up a board with beasts ready for turn 5 Ram Wrangler.

I'm really excited to try it out. Tundra Rhino is one of my favorite cards in the game, but the rest of the deck was really lacking.

Dahbomb

In what situation is the 1 damage ever relevant enough to include this? Backstab a River Croc?
Killing a Mech Warper? A Snowchugger? Removing a divine shield? Killing two smaller annoying minions for cheaper cost? Kills a Shredder with Backstab? Kill a Knife Juggler with Backtstab than Leper Gnome with this card? If they are going first and they play Leper Gnome, you can coin this out and gain massive tempo over them. There are so many situations I can think of where this card could gain you massive tempo especially against aggro.

I am not saying this card is better than SI7 but this is legitimately a good card. I would actually consider running this over an Autobarber.

zoukka

so if I drop a healbot it heals Bolf and me right? if Bolf lives a turn like that it's pretty good but I feel the card is just very very good for priest more than anyone else. Divine Spirit on this, you're pretty much invincible and it has to be silenced. It's more useful than their class legendary.

Learn to read guys -.-

I don't think a 4cc 3/5 is good enough.

It's great at what it does. A 3/5 is a very nice body against aggro decks, it trades with 2 minions that aren't buffed. And you know... it heals you. Compare it to Farseer and you'll see the error in your ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom