• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

New Priest legendary:

q28l7nd.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Effectively 9 mana 5/4 + Random Legendary...

So you need a Legendary that costs 5 or more to get value parity.

Maybe with Thaurissan and some hero power manipulation it could be amazing but yeah, it's pretty much akin to Fizzlebang. You're going to get one use out of it.

zoukka

So we got two hard anti-aggro legendaries. The one that takes damage from your hero and Chillmaw. Blizz listened to the whine!

Dahbomb

The Paladin secret was the best card shown in that whole stream.

Absolutely insane. Like what the hell were they thinking with that.

So we got two hard anti-aggro legendaries. The one that takes damage from your hero and Chillmaw. Blizz listened to the whine!
Hardly. Chillmaw is basically a more expensive Abomination (which doesn't see play) and the other anti aggro Legendary is basically a worse taunt. Chillmaw however will see play in Dragon decks.

The other Dragon taunt is nice because it's a better Senjin for Dragon decks. That's the type of card that Dragon decks actually needed.

This is all moot because the Paladin secret is the best secret in the game for Aggro decks.

squidyj

Eh, it's basically a 9 mana 5/4 because it's never gonna live to the next turn.

Kinda bad.

....you're discounting the part where you get another legendary in your calculation. it's 9 mana 2 legendaries. sure it can bomb and give you nat pagle or cho, but there's so many high cost legendaries out there, the curve is quite high. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be worth the 9 mana.

I dunno, to have it be truly crazy you have to have like 3+ minions up at the start of your next turn, so your opponent has to leave your board alive. Has leaving a paladin's board alone ever been a good idea?

gutshot

Huh? It's a delayed Power of the Wild without the flexibility of also being a minion. I mean, it's good but not insane.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Problem is it's not as good as Ysera. And Ysera's average card value is very reliable whereas this is going to give you Tinkmaster Overspark...

Or Cho.

Opiate

....you're discounting the part where you get another legendary in your calculation. it's 9 mana 2 legendaries. sure it can bomb and give you nat pagle or cho, but there's so many high cost legendaries out there, the curve is quite high. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be worth the 9 mana.

He's not discounting that

The card itself is a 5/4 which is 4 mana
Then you get another legendary, which has to be worth 5 mana to make the total investment (9 mana) worth it.

He's ignoring the heal you get from inspiring, though, which isn't fair. And he's operating under the assumption that paletress will be eliminated with extreme prejudice as soon as the enemy's turn starts, which is far more fair.

Pooya

Paletress can also lose the game for you, bad bad bad.

Some cool cards though, stream was fun.

I'm excited for dragons, even if they might suck they are so fun. Ofcourse they had to make it an epic :\

mxgt

Banned

I think the risk of getting a dud is too high for the 9 mana cost.

But we'll see, it's certainly an exciting card.

Dahbomb

Huh? It's a delayed Power of the Wild without the flexibility of also being a minion. I mean, it's good but not insane.

Why? It's just +1/+1.

It's only 1 mana but more importantly it gives Paladin a reason to use Mad Scientist which means they get to use it for free. With cards like Muster for Battle and the various ways they can summon more recruits in TGT, they can easily have a board with a lot of minions.

Like this card already makes an insane cards like Muster for Battle and Mad Scientist even better. The secret aspect of it means that you will be playing guessing games with this and Avenge which means sub optimal turns which plays right into what the Paladin would want you to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom