• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidBoss

Paladin Brawl... I like it.
11202803_966930953349673_8254525553316811941_n.jpg

Opiate

Tiny Knight of Evil and Fist of Jaraxxus seem like cards that will be decent in an expansion or two once the concept of a discard deck has more tools.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
can't wait for TGT to launch. Meta has gotten stale.

Love the power word glory and convert.

Love me some priest.

ViviOggi

You just wanna be a negative nancy.

Nice argument

How does it mess up your curve if the opponent plays a turn one Leper Gnome and you answer with coin that card? You gain massive tempo against an aggro/tempo deck and you also don't take an additional 2 face damage.

This card allows Rogue to get on the board a turn earlier and save the face damage by also using it to trade (trading this minion with another 2 mana minion feels way better than trading an SI with a 3/2). It's also way less clunky than Autobarber (which in most cases is a 4 mana play at the minimum).

Maybe you're right, it probably gives you enough new options to be worthwhile. You could also dagger up on 2, kill a cancerous 2/1, then on 3 Deadly Poison + new card to cleanly kill coined 3-drops like Misha/Leokk/Dark Cultist, where with SI you'd need precisely Backstab to do that.

The SI issue remains though, and I don't think you could ever cut him. Are we getting another Rogue card besides the legendary?

Opiate

Priest deck with:

2x Mind Vision
2x Shadow Madness
2x Mind Control
2x Convert
2x Cabal Shadowpriest
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Shrinkmeister
2x Khezan Mystic
2x Faceless Manipulator

Am I missing anything there? The goal is to make your entire deck just be your opponent's deck.

Dahbomb

This card is built for the current Zoolock which floods the board with 1/1 shitty stuff.

However it's entirely too slow for that deck. It's effectively a turn 8 play to remove something. I would much rather just trade into a big minion with stuff like Power Overwhelming.

gutshot

Priest deck with:

2x Mind Vision
2x Shadow Madness
2x Mind Control
2x Convert
2x Cabal Shadowpriest
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Shrinkmeister
2x Khezan Mystic
2x Faceless Manipulator

Am I missing anything there? The goal is to make your entire deck just be your opponent's deck.

"Engaging TC 130, Mental Dislocator!"

Priest deck with:

2x Mind Vision
2x Shadow Madness
2x Mind Control
2x Convert
2x Cabal Shadowpriest
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Shrinkmeister
2x Khezan Mystic
2x Faceless Manipulator

2x Mindgames

ViviOggi

Priest deck with:

2x Mind Vision
2x Shadow Madness
2x Mind Control
2x Convert
2x Cabal Shadowpriest
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Shrinkmeister
2x Khezan Mystic
2x Faceless Manipulator

Might as well go all the way and take their hero power with that new Troll epic

Fencing coach could read: 2 mana, 2/2, pay 1 additional mana now to pay 2 less later with your hero power. You really only get 1 mana but the potential to combo with another inspire card makes it better than just an innervate for 1 mana.

inky

Priest deck with:

2x Mind Vision
2x Shadow Madness
2x Mind Control
2x Convert
2x Cabal Shadowpriest
2x Thoughtsteal
2x Shrinkmeister
2x Khezan Mystic
2x Faceless Manipulator

2x Recombobulator. That deck exists already in some form.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I really don't understand this. It looks like a 2 mana "draw a card" to me.

Why do you guys think it will be good? I think the card is going over my head. :)

It shines in the late game because it's controlled duplication.

For example... against Freeze mage who dropped an Antonidas. sW:D + Convert is a very strong play.

It's not that great though, tbh. Maybe if it duplicated "modifications", like the Unstable Portal cost reduction.

Dahbomb

I really don't understand this. It looks like a 2 mana "draw a card" to me.

Why do you guys think it will be good? I think the card is going over my head. :)
It's more like a focused copy card. Opponent plays a Sylvanas, you Convert it, kill their Sylvanas and then play yours when you have the free space to do so.

You know what you are getting as opposed to a draw (or even Mind Vision). It also fits thematically into the thief Priest decks that just steals the opponent's cards.

IMO it's really only strong in control vs control match up where lots of big minions will get played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom