• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duster

I have been playing but, My ass is getting destroyed in normal online play!!!! I do have a quick question, for a Beginner, What is the best way to get new cards? can this be done by playing the practice, or I keep playing online until I get the hang of it, I also still not sure which Hero to use, I have used both Shaman and Druid a lot, not sure if there is something better for a Beginer. Thank you GAF.

Play this weeks brawl with Druid while you have the chance (it'll gone at the end of of the weekend), you'll have more chance of winning there and it will teach you a lot.
I'm not sure you'll have any of the traditional daily challenges yet (win __ games with class) but if you have it's the ideal place to do them.

Also ignore any advice pointing you towards the arena for now (aside from your free go), you'll just be wasting gold.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I really wish face hunters just weren't part of the game. Least fun matches by a long way.
They are a billion times less frustrating than aggro pally, ramp druid, mech/freeze mage. Maybe mech shaman too. All decks that can pretty much end the game just based on their opening hand.

Fireblend

Banned
I've been trying out Nostram's aggro rogue (not exactly, since I don't have all the cards of course) and even though my win rate isn't as good as it is with midrange Hunter I've been having fun with it. Just beat a mech mage and that felt so good.
KuGsj.gif

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Aggro Paladin also loses horribly to Patron Warrior. Maybe the easiest matchup Patron has.

Ok, now that all TGT cards have been revealed I think that for a player like me, that hasn't got a lot of strong basic legendaries, there are no leg cards worth crafting.
Said so, which card do you suggest me to create?
I miss basicaly everything; Ragnaros, Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, Ysera, Alex and so on. :\

Ok, now that all TGT cards have been revealed I think that for a player like me, that hasn't got a lot of strong basic legendaries, there are no leg cards worth crafting.
I miss basicaly everything; Ragnaros, Dr. Boom, Sylvanas, Ysera, Alex and so on. :\

IMO it goes Dr,Balanced then,Sylvanas after that you can pick either Alexstraza,Ysera or Ragnaros. Really only craft cards you want to use in a deck though.

Also if you want to get BRM/NAX wings i suggest going first wing of BRM first for Emperor.

Dahbomb

I've taken down grim patron with a face hunter, so I have to agree with his assessment.
Eh yeah, most decks can beat most other decks but it's about match ups and consistency. Grim Patron on average will win more matches against Face Hunter than Face Hunter would against Grim Patron.

The only real near unwinnable match up in the game is Control Warrior vs Freeze Mage and even that is not completely unwinnable. It has happened in a tournament match as well.

Well yeah in the meta snapshot you can see they listed Patron as a fairly unfavorable (60-40ish) matchup for Face Hunter.

It also depends on how the Patron is built since the deck is very flexible and can tech against aggro with Unstable Ghoul & Shield Blocks.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yes, Patron is running Shield Block/Slam to combat face/aggro.

Xanathus

I take the Tempostorm meta reports with a grain of salt because I've seen conflicting and incorrect (from my personal perspective) information all the time there. It's "generally" correct in the sense that those decks are popular but the statistics about which one has favorable win rates and the tiers are misleading.

CoolOff

I've started to ease up on the Face Hunter-hate. It's still frustrating when they draw perfectly, but it feels like a really fair match-up. They're trying to race you down, but if you halt them, it's over. I hate current mid-range Zoo and Eboladin way more.

Auctopus

I don't understand how control Priest sucks on Ranked to everybody else?

It's the only class that routinely crushes me besides Patron/Hunter.

Pooya

There are no legs worth crafting for you here, but there are some common and rares that could be good for new players actually, but don't craft those either. you get them with packs.

Get Dr. Boom asap, that's the point where the real game just starts :b
Sylvanas second, if you want to play a control like deck, it's good to have it. but Dr. Boom goes into pretty much everything, even aggro zoo runs Boom for example.

You might want to get first wing of BRM for Emperor T and probably second wing of Naxx for Loatheb. Naxx overall is must have, far more than BRM, there are so many good essential cards there to have. Creepers, Mad Scientist, Belchers all of that and I feel Kel'Thuzad alone is far more playable than the other 4 legendary cards in BRM.

Aggro Paladin also loses horribly to Patron Warrior. Maybe the easiest matchup Patron has.

Yea i went like maybe 5 for like 15 vs patron this week. Face hunter also beats aggro paladin from what i read but I've played this match so much i know my win conditions. It's still down to a ton of luck but at least i know my outs and really need to play around secrets.

Loomba

Just had unstable portal into sneeds into thurissan. That came out the same turn I put my own down. Impossible to lose.

Far more varied and strong decks on Casual now, I find. Ranked's just the worst, feels toxic.
Ranked literally became 50% harder the week after they announced ranked rewards.

At least for me. I usually get to rank 4 pretty comfortably but I'm brick walling at rank 8 right now, doesn't help that I'm playing Control Priest I guess but I can't stand playing Zoo or whatever.

Ultrabum

Ranked literally became 50% harder the week after they announced ranked rewards.

At least for me. I usually get to rank 4 pretty comfortably but I'm brick walling at rank 8 right now, doesn't help that I'm playing Control Priest I guess but I can't stand playing Zoo or whatever.

This is what made me quit before and what makes me want to quit again. I can have fun playing control or mid range decks (my personal preference), or I can win with aggro decks. Pick one.

It's just frustrating to know that you will win more and faster by playing face hunter and aggro paladin.

Edit: although I have 15 wins with paladin so playing aggro paladin has been kinda new and a little fun. Still feels dumb and wrong to play on curve and hit face to win.

CoolOff

Tried some tempo/control-rogue. It's gonna be dead after TGT as well.

The class was in more desperate need of a heal than Shaman ffs. Why give the Tuskarr Jouster to fucking PALADIN? It being a Rogue-card would've enabled so much good stuff.

Also, why the fuck is Leeroy a thing again?

This is what made me quit before and what makes me want to quit again. I can have fun playing control or mid range decks (my personal preference), or I can win with aggro decks. Pick one.

It's just frustrating to know that you will win more and faster by playing face hunter and aggro paladin.

Edit: although I have 15 wins with paladin so playing aggro paladin has been kinda new and a little fun. Still feels dumb and wrong to play on curve and hit face to win.

Aggro paladin is fun man. After a while you realize it's not just face face face. Like from rank 20-15 I spent maybe 2 seconds per turn. Then 15-10 I spent like 5. Then 10-5 I've been spending a lot more. At 3 now and I actually spend damn near the full amount of time per turn. Just because better players and trying to think 2-3 moves ahead.

Dahbomb

Chillmaw in a dragon theme deck is the closest thing to contesting a Dr Balanced...

And even then a Chillmaw dies to the two Boom bots because balance.

the matchmaking system is so fucking rigged.
I run into face hunter / aggro pala xxx times in a row .. but as soon as I change my class to priest to counter them I suddenly only queue into lhandlocks and freeze mages. fu.

JesseZao

the matchmaking system is so fucking rigged.
I run into face hunter / aggro pala xxx times in a row .. but as soon as I change my class to priest to counter them I suddenly only queue into lhandlocks and freeze mages. fu.

Did you forget the 11th Commandment?

Thou shalt queue into a counter every time thoust adjusts for the meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom