• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

So I just tried an Arena match, at 0-0, Warlock (me) vs Warrior.

I lose, they play Death's Bite and then Patron for the second swing, getting a clear board with 2 Patrons. No problem, I Hellfire them away.

A few turns later, they play another Death's Bite. Next turn another Patron, getting two once again, this time I can't remove them both, and just get rid of the 3/3.

Their next two following turns involved playing a Warsong, then the following turn a Dr Boom.

They also had two of the 3/3 equip a 2/2 weapons. What a crazy deck for arena, felt like ladder.

An arena match that didn't involve at least one mage? I don't believe you.

CoolOff

I'm 2 wins in on my arena Patron Warrior. It's a legit strat.

buVel4W.png

2ryvH9k.png

༼ ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ºل͜º ༽ EVERYONE,GET IN HERE ༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º༼ ºل͜º ༽

Opiate

Just wondering, how are you planning to use Darkbane/Lightbane? On turn 3 alone they're only 3/4s, which have a relatively good chance to make it to the next turn, but I'm not sure how well they fit.

Of course with Lightbane on turn 4 you can have a 3/6 Divine Shield that if ignored can hit for 24 on turn 5(Which will also have Divine Shield too).

In my mind, Darkbane has better combo ppotential. Any spell you use to combo gives you an extra 3 damage. She's the one legendary I hope I get first for silly ridiculous decks.

My only other thing is think about either Silence or Mass Dispel. You're counting on huge burst with a single minion that'll easily get shut down by taunts. I guess it just depends on how fast games go with that deck.

As additional buff targets, more or less. Maybe they aren't needed or are bad; we'll see.

I think the problem with buff priest is that they have historically not had many good targets for their buffs, and thsu required very particular set up. Now, I feel fjola/eydis/tournament medic/bolf provide 5 more cards that give strong choices for priest buffs, and thus it's not so gimmicky.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I would probably snap concede to Turn 2 coin Darkbane Turn 3 Velen's Chosen.

Ain't nobody got time for that.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Squidyj and Dahbomb, any chance you guys are free to do more card reviews tonight?

That's 6 card draw cards, 4 of which have the potential to draw more than 1 card.

Not sure I agree!

There is potential, but I've played that deck a lot (It was the first deck I tried starting out with Hearthstone!) and most times your clerics will not draw anything. Given the abundance of stronger low drops, I can only see that getting worse.

Shield fits the bill, but that is only two draws. The acolytes might do better, but then you are relying on buffing the acolytes to keep them alive (Priest can't directly activate) which means you are not buffing the minions that benefit from buffs.

I think you'd do better to drop the combo pieces or keep them but add more immediate draws to cycle faster.

Opiate

There is potential, but I've played that deck a lot (It was the first deck I tried starting out with Hearthstone!) and most times your clerics will not draw anything. Given the abundance of stronger low drops, I can only see that getting worse.

Shield fits the bill, but that is only two draws. The acolytes might do better, but then you are relying on buffing the acolytes to keep them alive (Priest can't directly activate) which means you are not buffing the minions that benefit from buffs.

I think you'd do better to drop the combo pieces or keep them but add more immediate draws to cycle faster.

Wild Pryomancer activates!

Kettch

Had a pair of Druid quests to do, so I fired up the Brawl.

Coin-Wild Growth
Innervate-Nourish-Innervate-Power of the Wild
Soul of the Forest

Doesn't get much better than that.

As additional buff targets, more or less. Maybe they aren't needed or are bad; we'll see.

I think the problem with buff priest is that they have historically not had many good targets for their buffs, and thsu required very particular set up. Now, I feel fjola/eydis/tournament medic/bolf provide 5 more cards that give strong choices for priest buffs, and thus it's not so gimmicky.
Yeah, it'll probably help a bit. If you're lucky they'll also use silence/removal on them which will help you later on. I guess I just feel like they're better minions not played on curve because of their abilities but who can really say from here.

I'm excited for Darkbane in a Warrior deck. Good combo potential there with Charge/Inner Rage/Rampage. Feel like it'll work well with Taunt/Protection Warrior as a finisher. Or I'll go crazy with Miracle Warrior but I think that's still a pipe dream.

Opiate

Right, I basically used the "anti-bgh" approach, where once you decide you're going to have an 8/8 minion, you might as well have a bunch.

Lightwell, Eydis, Fjola, Sylvanas, Acolyte of Pain, Northshire cleric, anything I cast divine spirit / inner fire on, and so on are all silence targets.

Just had a hunter who had clear lethal on the board concede to me because he must have thought my secret which hadn't gone off all game was ice block. I wonder how pissed he would have been if he knew it was spellbender. Got a good chuckle out of it in any case.

Just had a hunter who had clear lethal on the board concede to me because he must have thought my secret which hadn't gone off all game was ice block. I wonder how pissed he would have been if he knew it was spellbender. Got a good chuckle out of it in any case.

LOL. I would at least test it first.

Is arena matching me up with people with similar wins, or is it all jumbled?

It'll do similar wins first and then expand from there.

So at 0/1 you'll almost certainly be facing somebody at 0/1. But at 12/0 you might be facing somebody at 11/1 or something depending on who is available.

Majine

Banned
It'll do similar wins first and then expand from there.

So at 0/1 you'll almost certainly be facing somebody at 0/1. But at 12/0 you might be facing somebody at 11/1 or something depending on who is available.

Alright.

But at 12/0, you're not facing anyone :p

CoolOff

I liked the Pyro/Acolyte-hunter back when it saw (some) play, and Noxx mentioning it made me slap together how it might look with Lock & Load.

cQDeAzv.png

The variance for L&L probably means it's not that great, but I think it could be fun. It might need Emperor.

Question for all of those who are like me and don't buy packs with real money-

What rituals are you currently doing to ensure you get good cards from the packs you get with in-game gold?

I created a rock shrine around my physical copy of Wrath of the Lich King and have been dancing around it every night for the past week. I think it's working because I've been feeling super lucky recently and I haven't ran into any Patron Warriors for a while.
/s

Haly

I believe in the heart of the cards.

When my faith wavers, I rewatch Yu-Gi-Oh season one to renew my trust in my deck and my friends.

So here's my first pass at a Miracle/Protection Warrior and I can already think of ways I want to change things around. While having good taunts in the deck help, with Parring Partner, Sunfury Protector, and Defender of Argus, you might not need to stuff the deck with taunt creatures. Which makes sense as well since you give up stats for Taunt anyway. It'll take some time to work things out, that's for sure. It'll probably be a better deck to have better stat minions and give them Taunt over just have Taunt creatures.
Though, I just want to see Bolster used a Warrior's Savage Roar.

Question for all of those who are like me and don't buy packs with real money-

What rituals are you currently doing to ensure you get good cards from the packs you get with in-game gold?

I created a rock shrine around my physical copy of Wrath of the Lich King and have been dancing around it every night for the past week. I think it's working because I've been feeling super lucky recently and I haven't ran into any Patron Warriors for a while.
/s

The correct way is to make a murloc noise before opening the pack.

Majine

Banned
Before you open, you clearly say a prayer.

Dear lord Brode, who art in Blizzard, God of laughter

When pack come, wisp be gone

Giveth golden legendary, and taketh our gold

Forgive us when we dust Nozdormu

Lead us into value

Kappa

Fireblend

Banned
I already said this, but it feels relevant now: My friend spent a good 10 minutes the other day explaining to me how the RNG would give me better cards if I open packs in groups of 5.

Haly

I already said this, but it feels relevant now: My friend spent a good 10 minutes the other day explaining to me how the RNG would give me better cards if I open packs in groups of 5.

Your friend is a genius in mathematics.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
So I bought the pre-order last night in my drunken stupor...had no intention to, but oh well.

you think that's bad, I had a nightmare where I forgot to pre-order and didn't get the cardback and freaked out. So the next morning as soon as I woke up I made sure to pre-order right away. The worst part is i'm planning on getting more when it releases.

This game is a fucking joke. xD Just wrecked a Mage's start, absolutely destroyed it because he coined into stupid shit. He does the worst plays he could EVER do against a Rogue.

Both Blastmages come down one after the other and kill 4 health minions. He Flamewaker, Fireball. Fireballs for the kill. All in his top 10 or so cards.

And then I got beat by Face hunter. But that's a different story. I understand people not knowing how to play a simple card game so they have to simplify it further. I can forgive accepting idiocy, I can't accept sheer stupidity being redeemed by RNG.

/salt

I've hit Legend every season, and never have I ever felt more like I was going to die in my computer chair from rampant cancer. Trying to play any deck requiring a hint of thought is a misplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom