• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to play Control Warrior. It's been a long time since I've had to ladder with Control Warrior before Rank 5.

I am now Rank 5. My salt overflow has been closed.

So what does Reynad's Tinder profile say, Professional cheater at Magic the Gathering?

Dear god, people still talk about this? xD

Hit Rank 4 finally. That's it for the night. :l

Just watched Zalae take down Legend 52 Priest, who played a PERFECT game against him, by just using Death's Bite, Double Frothing, Warsong, and Unstable Ghoul. 5 cards, 30 damage, no way to avoid. Patron's fair. :O

Just lost a game where I should have gone face but I played it safe for no reason... derp.

Dang was one win away from rank 2.

Edit: Damn start 0-3 for the night and almost down to rank 4 >.<

Xanathus

It's telling how many bad Hearthstone players there are on r/hearthstone compared to r/competitivehs when you look at the highest upvoted comments on bad cards like Mistcaller.

squidyj

draft rogue in arena.....

"perhaps you would like conceal?" offers me conceal in 20 out of 30 picks, fucking ridiculous.

drafting these shit tier decks pisses me the fuck off.

Well, you need to really get major tempo out of that hero power to make it worthwhile. Coin Silver Hand Regent into Fencing Coach is the strongest play I'm seeing, but you both need the coin and the SHR to not die to a 3/2 or removal. As for 4-drops there's Savage Combatant whicb is actually really good if it wasn't Druid only who doesn't play witb a normal curve, Holy Champion which becomes a scarier Lightspawn but your hero power will lack a good target, and Totemcarver which is pretty decent in a vacuum. The problem is that none of the latter two plays are necessarily stronger than simply playing a good 3-drop.

Of course this is all theorycrafting and we'll have to see how it plays out in well-built decks, but really I don't think making FC a 2/3 would have been too much.

I'm late on this, but I think Fencing Coach is actually really, really good. In your example, you could play it before the Silver Hand Regent and activate the Hero Power on T3.

The cool thing about it is that you can play in on curve and use the Hero Power later, like on T6 with Kodo Rider to summon 2 3/5s instead of having to wait till T8.

FeD.nL

So just experimenting building different decks but KT into Enter the Colosseum is a win condition in itself if you have a decent board. I think Blessing of Might might even be a staple as a one off in Control Paladin to give even more control on which minions you want to live for one extra mana.

Great card, can't wait to play with it. So many applications for it and love the consistency in a class that has loads of ways to control a minion's attack. Really don't understand that people are calling it worse than brawl.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So just experimenting building different decks but KT into Enter the Colosseum is a win condition in itself if you have a decent board. I think Blessing of Might might even be a staple as a one off in Control Paladin to give even more control on which minions you want to live for one extra mana.

Great card, can't wait to play with it. So many applications for it and love the consistency in a class that has loads of ways to control a minion's attack. Really don't understand that people are calling it worse than brawl.

I love the way you can potentially manipulate it by sending all the low attacks into the highest since they're going to die anyway, I like it more than Brawl just because it isn't a super rng swing.

I also think Polymorph: Boar is pretty hilarious. Even if it doesn't see play I love the versatility. It isn't straight up better than poly, it can still be used as good removal, and it can turn something like mirror image trash into huffer if they keep it up.

squidyj

Here's the archive links to the stream we did this evening. We did Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, and Priest. Eventually they will get posted to YouTube.

http://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon/v/11130687
http://www.twitch.tv/zealousdemon/v/11134781

We'd like to get this all finished up tomorrow. Hoping to get this started a little earlier so we can finally go to bed at a reasonable time.

send me a pm or message me on steam next time, I'm usually available but it's easy for me to miss a post in the thread.

johnsmith

remember me
Unstabled Portaled a Nozdormu against a patron warrior

Opiate

I love the way you can potentially manipulate it by sending all the low attacks into the highest since they're going to die anyway, I like it more than Brawl just because it isn't a super rng swing.

I also think Polymorph: Boar is pretty hilarious. Even if it doesn't see play I love the versatility. It isn't straight up better than poly, it can still be used as good removal, and it can turn something like mirror image trash into huffer if they keep it up.

There's more than that to polymorph: boar. Off the top of my head:

1) It's a defensive option, as you noted. Turning Sylvanas or Ysera in to a 2 health minion with no deathrattle is way easier to deal with.
2) It's an offensive option, as you said. Turning your Mirror Image in to a 4/2 boar is very strong.
3) It can also provide psuedo windfury. For instance, you may have a sorcerer's apprentice on board which has already done all the work you need from it. In that case, you can attack with it then polymorph: boar it to get 2 attacks off one minion in a single turn.
4) You can also use it as a heal in some very rare circumstances. If you have, I don't know, a knife juggler which has been taken to 1 health, turning it in to a boar may save its life or at least make it inconvenient to get rid of. If you're against a mage, he may have been counting on just picking that minion off with his hero power; now he can't, because it's at 2 health.

It's very versatile as a card.

Auctopus

So, after unpacking Toshley and Archmage Antonidas, I decided to capitalise on my luck and build a deck around those two cards' synergy. Here's the deck list...

s2oDPCk.png

My questions is do you think this deck is played better as control or aggro? If I pull the right cards, this deck absolutely wrecks as aggro. However, there's a lot of value to be had within this deck too so I don't know whether control is better.

(I couldn't come up with a 30th card, so I just put Unstable Portal in there)

Duster

Pfft some of the amateurs in this thread, I've just taken misplays to a whole new level by accidentally re-rolling a priest 60 gold quest that I was half way through, made worse by it being so easy in this weeks tavern brawl.

Forkball

Unstabled Portaled a Nozdormu against a patron warrior
EVERYONE, GE-*turn over*
So, after unpacking Toshley and Archmage Antonidas, I decided to capitalise on my luck and build a deck around those two cards' synergy. Here's the deck list...

My questions is do you think this deck is played better as control or aggro? If I pull the right cards, this deck absolutely wrecks as aggro. However, there's a lot of value to be had within this deck too so I don't know whether control is better.

(I couldn't come up with a 30th card, so I just put Unstable Portal in there)

Mech Mage is aggrotastic. If you even attack a minion, something went horribly wrong. Why not Azure Drakes though? It gives your deck a bit of versatility in case you can't end the game by turn 6.

Auctopus

EVERYONE, GE-*turn over*

Mech Mage is aggrotastic. If you even attack a minion, something went horribly wrong. Why not Azure Drakes though? It gives your deck a bit of versatility in case you can't end the game by turn 6.

Funny you say that! It was Azure Drake beforehand! But I traded them out for two Piloted Shredder's just 'cause of all the Mech-buffing. I switch them in and out through the week to see what works.

zoukka

Mech Mage is a tempo deck, of course you make good trades with minions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom