• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Hey card reviewer guys. I am upgrading my parents to Windows 10. Not sure when I will be back home. But if you guys log into Skype I will ping you all when I get back and have time. I think we need to stick with 3 people otherwise it will take too long, so if we get 3 folks we'll start.

Dahbomb

LMAO Kripparrian went HAM on Morgor the Champion in his bottom 5 cards for TGT.

Completely agree, that card is straight up dumpster status.

Pooya

Any advice on how I can improve this deck?

I've gotten it to rank 12. I do not have Flamewaker or Archmage Antonidas.

Its pretty heavily reliant on getting off to a good start. Mana Wyrm > Mirror Image > Frostbolt, etc. But after their first removal if I can't follow it up with Shredder or Yeti I'm fucked.

Advice?

http://i.imgur.com/8eqrhvQ.jpg

Your deck is really random. You don't a have a consistent synergy in there. With your cards you should play a mech mage instead. Build something like this, you should be able to with those cards. Without Antonidas it won't be as good but it will still be far better than what you have right now.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/290599-s17-legend-mech-mage

When you got flamewaker try tempo mage then. I have been getting very good results with something similar to this on ladder.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/279481-krups-legend-tempo-mage

ZealousD

Yeah we talked about this on stream. It's Core Hound bad.

Your deck is really random. You don't a have a consistent synergy in there. With your cards you should play a mech mage instead. Build something like this, you should be able to with those cards. Without Antonidas it won't be as good but it will still be far better than what you have right now.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/290599-s17-legend-mech-mage

When you got flamewaker try tempo mage then. I have been getting very good results with something similar to this on ladder.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/279481-krups-legend-tempo-mage

Thanks. I have like 4000 dust I was saving for TGT. Think it's worth it to craft Antonidas or just wait and see how the new cards pan out?

Pooya

Thanks. I have like 4000 dust I was saving for TGT. Think it's worth it to craft Antonidas or just wait and see how the new cards pan out?

you have Dr. Boom and Sylvanas already as far as must have neutral ones go, if you think you want to play mage for foreseeable future then yeah, you must have Antonidas. There is no must have legendary from TGT, definitely nothing as important as the cards you're missing right now.

Rapstah

uhm, arena packs are going to become TGT packs?

The way you're saying this makes me unsure if you're asking a question or not, but what they said right at the start of TGT information starting to come out was that it would be a random pack of the three possible types after TGT launches.

They are going to be random because fuck you

Still don't know why they can't give us a token for the pack you want.

giphy.gif

YES! I finally managed to obtain the 300 gold from the Big Winner achievement.
I bought 4 packs (3 classic and 1 GvG) and I found Al Akir. At least it's not Milhouse.
And most important thing: I reached 1600 dusts again after crafting Dr.Balanced last night (as some of you suggested).
So Sylvanas next?

Malice215

I want to know what Blizzard's reasoning was for making a card with such a huge drawback and to give it terrible stats on top of that. 6/7, 7/6, 7/7 or 8/6 would have made that card somewhat respectable instead of immediately casting it into the garbage bin.

We'll probably get a 5 mana 8/5 ogre in the next expansion at this rate.

I know it's too slow but my eyes sort of light up at some of the combos Rogue could do with an Inspire minion and Master of Disguise, like Saraad or a Kodorider.

The potential is there but Rogue really needs those control tools. Though I guess the potential is there for a lot of cards to combo with Master of Disguise.

Opiate

I know it's too slow but my eyes sort of light up at some of the combos Rogue could do with an Inspire minion and Master of Disguise, like Saraad or a Kodorider.

The potential is there but Rogue really needs those control tools. Though I guess the potential is there for a lot of cards to combo with Master of Disguise.

Do we know if inspire effects will destealth? Because it very well could.

ViviOggi

Mage is gonna get more worthwhile inspire plays with esportaled MoD than Rogue ever will

Still smdh at that weapon like just how?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ladder is currently ridiculous. I can usually get up to about 10-8. Ive been hovering near 17 all weekend.

Aggro
aggro
aggro
aggro

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Almost came back against a face hunter and in my excitement i played heal bot with soul priest out.

i'm dumb

Dahbomb

Yeah Grim Patron is essentially an auto pilot win against stuff like Face Hunter. You don't even really win using Grim Patrons/Berserkers against those aggro decks... you have your weapons, Armorsmiths, Unstable Ghouls and numerous ways to do random 1 damage all over the board that crushes the X/1 charge minions.

Grim Patron is the best because on top of crushing aggro it also crushes other greedy decks that aren't Ramp Druid or Handlock as well as crushing other specifically tailored "anti aggro" decks.

I think Grim Patron's 5 worst match ups are: Handlock, Ramp Druid, Mech Mage, Mech Shaman and Control Warrior.

Technically Grim Patron can beat all of them because that's the type of deck it is but in real matches you will get crushed fast by those two mech decks (their bodies are stronger and your 1/3 1/4 creatures can't kill them easily) before you get your draw engines going and the slower decks like Handlock/Ramp Druids can take advantage of you wanting to draw cards at the start and then they set up huge taunts that are hard to go through with Patrons/Berserkers.

Just play Grim Patron Warrior and wreck the other 3 "tier 1" decks.

I think I've master the aggro paladin vs grim patron match up. Still luck base but I know what cards to pray for. What to trade/not trade. And what to save shit for. I think I'm like 8-2 vs Patron last 2-3 days. And two of them were legendary players!

Edit: I hate Warlock the most because you don't know what type it is so your mulligan can be way off. But if you play it safe then you still can get fucked by zoo.

ZealousD

Anybody interested in taking part of the card review stream tonight? It looks like we have two folks who either can't make it or are delayed

Xanathus

I think I've master the aggro paladin vs grim patron match up. Still luck base but I know what cards to pray for. What to trade/not trade. And what to save shit for. I think I'm like 8-2 vs Patron last 2-3 days. And two of them were legendary players!

Edit: I hate Warlock the most because you don't know what type it is so your mulligan can be way off. But if you play it safe then you still can get fucked by zoo.

If you're winning as aggro paladin vs patron, it's not so much what you're doing as what the patron player is doing. Either they're mulliganing incorrectly or they're not drawing their answers at all.

If you're winning as aggro paladin vs patron, it's not so much what you're doing as what the patron player is doing. Either they're mulliganing incorrectly or they're not drawing their answers at all.

Maybe. I find the one ranks 2 or higher just get unlucky or lose patience late. The ones rank 2-5 usually fuck up really hard early when I'm smacking them in the face by turn 4/5 panic and ruin their win conditions.

Xanathus

Maybe. I find the one ranks 2 or higher just get unlucky or lose patience late. The ones rank 2-5 usually fuck up really hard early when I'm smacking them in the face by turn 4/5 panic and ruin their win conditions.

Another thing is that some patron players at that rank might be teched against Handlock, other Patrons, or Control Warrior and such and are running none or only 1 Unstable Ghouls which hurts the aggro matchup and instead are using stuff like Harrison, BGH and Brawl. It's really all about the meta at that rank.

The real reason why Aggro Pally is high in the meta is actually because Handlock and Midrange Hunter is/was high in the meta *because* of patrons in the first place. Otherwise aggro pally isn't that great of an aggro deck.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm kinda frustrated about playing constructed and only having a chance at winning with my pseudo-midrange Hunter which isn't even that good. I spent some of my dust building what I could of an aggro Rogue (which isn't even that good if fully built but I have fun with it) but I'm not doing well with it either.

I'm thinking of trying arena, but I only have like 160 gold and I'd rather but a Classic pack rather than get a GvG due to my lack of a decent card collection... what do? Should I give arena a shot? I only played once (the free run) and got to 6 wins. I'd have to cross my fingers I'd be able to do it again to at least get the investment back...

Rockyrock

been teching in a MCT into my shaman deck.

works absolute wonders against Eboladin. good enough for me.

swapped out a lighting storm because card is horrible and always low rolls on the high health minions so I just said fuck it.

Another thing is that some patron players at that rank might be teched against Handlock, other Patrons, or Control Warrior and such and are running none or only 1 Unstable Ghouls which hurts the aggro matchup and instead are using stuff like Harrison, BGH and Brawl. It's really all about the meta at that rank.

The real reason why Aggro Pally is high in the meta is actually because Handlock and Midrange Hunter is/was high in the meta *because* of patrons in the first place. Otherwise aggro pally isn't that great of an aggro deck.

Hmm I see. I'm still relativity new to the game about a month and a half in. I find my aggro deck really luck base. I can take out rouges/mages/druids by turn 7-8 pretty easy but if it goes beyond that the % goes so low. Was able to climb pretty quick from like 15-5. Then from there it's been a stable win 2 lose 1 up to 2 right now.

The hunter match up is just lulz for me. It's basically pray he doesn't have XXX.

Santiako

I got to rank 10 (my highest yet!) with tempo mage. I love this deck, since I switched in water elementals I'm wrecking warriors, paladins and hunters.

Xanathus

Hmm I see. I'm still relativity new to the game about a month and a half in. I find my aggro deck really luck base. I can take out rouges/mages/druids by turn 7-8 pretty easy but if it goes beyond that the % goes so low. Was able to climb pretty quick from like 15-5. Then from there it's been a stable win 2 lose 1 up to 2 right now.

The hunter match up is just lulz for me. It's basically pray he doesn't have XXX.

Hunter match up is mostly based on whether it's face or midrange. Face is favored because it runs Explosive Trap which basically destroys all your minions and forces you to trade, while Midrange is unfavored because Freezing Trap is useless against all your small minions.

Tacitus_

Aggro vs patrons is basically whether they draw their armorsmiths or not. I played ridiculously badly against a face hunter (like burning warsong from overdrawing badly), but he couldn't do shit because I had managed to whirlwind with an armorsmith + a bunch of shit on board and had 30+ hp on turn 5.

Hunter match up is mostly based on whether it's face or midrange. Face is favored because it runs Explosive Trap which basically destroys all your minions and forces you to trade, while Midrange is unfavored because Freezing Trap is useless against all your small minions.

I feel no difference in the matchup because I test the traps anyways. I play around both traps. I always make sure to check both and have outs in cause of it's either.

My biggest mistake early on in this match up was playing muster of battle then having him play hound very next turn. So ever since I cut that out of my game I've been winning much more. And make sure I don't get hit with the 5 from kill command.

Personally I get happy as hell when it's a midrange hunter that throws out shredder because I know I've already won. Just ignore the fucker and smack him in the face..

Aggro vs patrons is basically whether they draw their armorsmiths or not. I played ridiculously badly against a face hunter (like burning warsong from overdrawing badly), but he couldn't do shit because I had managed to whirlwind with an armorsmith + a bunch of shit on board and had 30+ hp on turn 5.

I disagree as a aggro player. I don't give two shits about armor smith. I pray he plays armor smith. What I care about is Acolyte of pain card draw denial is how I win. No cards no stupid wombo combo. Haven't lost to a single patron on ladder rank 2 or under pretty much all week with this strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom