• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just got a rape threat for winning a game, I think that means I'm improving as a player.

Ladder has been angrier than ever simply because of the rank 5 rewards.

Pooya

me face paly vs oil rogue. I had horrible hand and the opening was rough, played around FoK once successfully but he had a second one, combo with teacher and prep, I was wrecked in the opening, he even healed back to 24. I equality his board and really didn't have anything to play other than anoy-o-tron and hero power. The board was looking really innocent to him I guess, so he did prep + sprint. You fool lol, I got the best Divine Favor ever the turn after and he was down to 7 in one turn and dead the next. Don't draw cards like that against face paly.

It's just easy mode right now for me, I feel really confident piloting it against anything really, my friend list was full of salt requests today, I think I'm on a 20+ win streak now with something like 73% winrate, just hit 5 with it, ez pz, If I had time to grind, I'd do legend with this before things changes too much again, given that I'm climbing on two ladders right now I think I did quite well. EU ladder is way harder than US though, way harder, US rank 5-6 is like rank 10 EU, I'm about to hit 5 there too, probably tomorrow.

Cancer and all, I don't mind, it's actually very fun to play unlike other face decks. I had many mirror matches and I've won them all so far, it's all about skill!

edit: I really really like coghammer, such a great card. Crucial part of the deck.

Hearthhead posted that there are new quests. One for each class to win three games. "Win 3 games with Druid," for example. Worth 50 gold.

Also one to win 5 Tavern Brawls worth 60 gold.

jgminto

I wonder if it will be worth running Orgrimmar Aspirant in a deck with Gorehowl, seems like that would be the best potential combo if it works as expected.

This is interesting.

VO_HRW_TEST_00 - I will cleanse you both of the Curse of Flesh!
VO_HRW_TEST_01 - Well done! You've defeated the boss together.\n\nBoth players win!
VO_HRW_TEST_02 - Defeat Gearmaster Mechazod together to win!

Not sure what it would be referencing though.

Santiako

Today I crushed ranks 11,10 and 9 with my slower tempo mage (as oxymoronic as that sounds), I added a couple of Sludge Belchers, swapped Piloted Shredders for Water Elementals, added a second Mirror Image and all aggro and weapon decks melt on my hands mwahahaha.

Hearthpwn is already data mining the patch apparently. Already has all the flavor text for the cards up.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/1011-the-grand-tournament-patch-datamined-card-flavor

Ranked rewards appear to have 4 different tiers. Rank 20, rank 15, rank 10 and rank 5.

Finally some new Dailies...although most are extremely unimaginative.

Some good flavor text here, my favorites -

Polymorph: Boar - It's always Huffer.
Confessor Paletress - She sees into your past and makes you face your fears. Most common fear: Getting Majordomo out of Sneed's Old Shredder.
Fist of Jaraxxus - * Not actually Jaraxxus' fist.
Flash Heal - Flash! Ahhhhhhh~
Varian Wrynn - Leader of the Alliance! Father of Anduin! Also he likes to play Arena, and he averages 12 wins.
Maiden of the Lake - Not a good basis for a system of government.
Frigid Snobold - Ironically, the natural enemy of the snobold is THE CANDLE.
Bolf Ramshield - Bolf keeps coming in 2nd at the Grand Tournament. It might be his year this year, if Lebron doesn't enter.
The Skeleton Knight - Apparently it really was just a flesh wound.

Dahbomb

Bolf Ramshield - Bolf keeps coming in 2nd at the Grand Tournament. It might be his year this year, if Lebron doesn't enter.
Bo2BG.gif

CoolOff

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/3hdpzr/dreadsteeds_new_flavor_text_refers_to/

Dreadsteed's flavor text refers to a user on r/hearthstone who APPARENTLY DIDN'T passed away in cancer four months ago. ;_;

Crescendo himself summoned this steed, riding it to victory in The Grand Tournament. Wherever he rides, an army of riders ride behind him, supporting the legendary champion.

It's on a minion that cannot die. ;_;

His final post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston..._you_hearthstone_a_goodbye_from_a_passionate/

jgminto

Playing Mid Hunter, I feel like I almost never draw Kezan in time while facing a Mage with secrets but always mulligan for it against Warlock.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there a rhyme or reason as to what secret Mad Scientist pulls?

It seams to always pull Spellbender when I have two Mirror Entities.

Just RNG. Worth mentioning of course that he won't pull a duplicate of a secret in play, so if you have 2 mirror entities and one spellbender but ME is up it will guarantee the other one.

V-Faction

Trying to picture many different Inspire scenarios/combos. Here's some I'm thinking are super-effective:

Turn 2 Boneguard Lieutenant; Turn 3 Fencing Coach, 0 cost Hero Power.

If the BL survives the next turn, then it'll upgrade to a 3/3 while you get FC down to fill the board. Not an amazing sequence, but if you let BL get out of control I could certainly see it being a force to reckon with if aided by healing.

Turn 3 Fencing Coach; Turn 4 Savage Combatant, 0 cost +3 attack hero power

One of the more popular combos I'm betting on, especially with Darnassus Aspirant or Innervate in Druid decks. 3 attack is a good amount, and once you get the ball rolling I feel as though it'll be a natural inclusion. You get to protect SC the turn you play it and potentially more. The 3 attack is also enough to take down Shredder.

Turn 3/4/5 Fencing Coach; Turn 6 Kodorider, 0 cost free 3/5

This, I think, will be a staple in any kind of Inspire deck because it offers the biggest potential pay off. The follow up turn, if you get it to work, is to Garrison Commander - Hero Power x2. That's 4 kodos, plus more if you summon stuff with your Hero Power. Of course, I'm also quite certain you'll never get past that 6th turn Inspire-wise, but that means they waste something to take out your Kodorider. You can bet I'm gonna taunt up those kodos.

Turn 3/etc. Fencing Coach; Turn 7 Paletress 0 cost free legendary

The ultimate showcase of the 0-cost hero power combo. You can only run 1 legendary, so I foresee Priests running at least one FC for Paletress.

Turn 3 Fencing Coach; Turn 4 Murloc Knight 0 cost hero power free murloc

Personally, I think the summon Inspire effects are probably the strongest. Considering the pool of murlocs to summon, I'd say Murloc Paladin has potential. The best picks to get would be Siltfin, Murk-eye, Warleader, Coldlight, Oracle, or another knight. The rest may be okay for their stats. However, the strength I think lies in the turn 3-turn 4 tempo. Cards that can follow up FC's 3 mana cost are way better for pulling off their effects.

The dream would be: Turn 2 Coin Fencing Coach; Turn 3 Silver Hand Regent; Turn 4 Murloc Knight Hero Power, get 2 Silver Hand Recruits and a Murloc.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
oasis snapjaw tier in shitness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom