• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbs

Banned
Still haven't spent a dollar on this game and can hold my own pretty well in unranked matches. My guess is there are just a lot of unskilled players who don't get the basics.

It's rogue indisputably the worst class right now? Other than oil it doesn't seem to have strong archtypes and tgt really does nothing for it. I know shaman and priest haven't been strong for a while and priest may still not be strong, but every time a rogue quest comes up I'm really not happy about it.

johnsmith

remember me
I lost 3 times in a row, 3 times. To the most goddamn stupid, random deck I've ever seen.

He was running:

Zombie Chow, Slam, Sunfury Protector, Harvest Golem, BGH, Piloted Shredder, Death's Bite, Defender of Argus Sludge Belcher, Azure drake, Loatheb, Sylvanas, Piloted Sky Golem, Sunwalker, KT, probably other crap I can't remember or didn't see. I've never seen such a random deck in my life. There was no theme or consistency at all besides a ton of minions that of course he always played on curb. How did someone like this get to legend, jesus christ.

zoukka

I lost 3 times in a row, 3 times. To the most goddamn stupid, random deck I've ever seen.

He was running:

Zombie Chow, Slam, Sunfury Protector, Harvest Golem, BGH, Piloted Shredder, Death's Bite, Defender of Argus Sludge Belcher, Azure drake, Loatheb, Sylvanas, Piloted Sky Golem, Sunwalker, KT, probably other crap I can't remember or didn't see. I've never seen such a random deck in my life. There was no theme or consistency at all besides a ton of minions that of course he always played on curb. How did someone like this get to legend, jesus christ.

You complain about netdecks.
You complain about RNG.
Now you complain about wacky original decks???

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You complain about netdecks.
You complain about RNG.
Now you complain about wacky original decks???
He has all the right in the world to complain. You're supposed to complain when you're dealing with shit. This game is shit, hence, the complaint(s).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How are original decks "shit"?

The entirety of Hearthstone is shit. So original decks automatically becomes shit.

Forkball

Been playing Patron Warrior on casual to get quests done quickly, opponent's all concede while I'm calculating lethal.

I fought one of those today. He had a Sludge Belcher (god I hate these), Warsong Commander which gives charge to any unit with 3 or less attack, and put out Grim Patron. I was Paladin and had a lot of guys on the board, so he just kept injuring his Grim Patrons until he filled his side.

Then I hit him with a Consecration.

Then ANOTHER Consecration.

I won.

Yoshichan

What the fuck are you doing in this thread then gtfo man :D
I'll be in whatever thread I feel like being in. Just because this game is shit doesn't mean I don't want to keep myself updated to see if it becomes less shit in the future.

Grand Crusade looks decent.

Xanathus

I fought one of those today. He had a Sludge Belcher (god I hate these), Warsong Commander which gives charge to any unit with 3 or less attack, and put out Grim Patron. I was Paladin and had a lot of guys on the board, so he just kept injuring his Grim Patrons until he filled his side.

Then I hit him with a Consecration.

Then ANOTHER Consecration.

I won.

Patron lists with Belchers are old and not good.

Kornflayx

Oh no, someone plays something different than the 5-6 netdecks that I know how to play against. Can someone tell him how to play this game properly? Thanks

KuroNeeko

It's rogue indisputably the worst class right now? Other than oil it doesn't seem to have strong archtypes and tgt really does nothing for it. I know shaman and priest haven't been strong for a while and priest may still not be strong, but every time a rogue quest comes up I'm really not happy about it.

I'm not really that good at Hearthstone, but I feel like TGT offers some exciting possibilities for the class.

Burgle is decent card draw and I think you have a decent chance at getting decent cards. Undercity Valiant, Cutpurse, and Buccaneer are all good. I think Mill is looking competitive and I think Pirate rogue is getting clooose with Shady Dealer, Buccaneer, and maybe the Parrot Rider legendary (but not quite.)

I like Beneath the Grounds as well, though it seems gimmicky. Burgle → Antonidas, Tirion, etc, is gonna be fuuuun. I mean, you can even Burgle → Burgle.....yeah....

Acinixys

4dPgXLl.jpg

FEELS B A D MAN

Yoshichan

maybe it's just you?

Yes, it's just me when 99% of the community complained about GvG being too RNG-based. Also, the fact that BRM failed to achieve what it tried to do.

But no, it's just me. Keep convincing that to yourself and you might even end up getting a check from Blizzard one day!

Yoshichan

I just faced this priest who used a spell to take control of one of my minions. How is that in the game?
Three different forms:

4 mana - it controls it only for one turn
6 mana - controls a minion that is below 2 damage
10 mana - it controls it permanently but loses tempo immensely (it completely drains their turn)

squidyj

Yes, it's just me when 99% of the community complained about GvG being too RNG-based. Also, the fact that BRM failed to achieve what it tried to do.

But no, it's just me. Keep convincing that to yourself and you might even end up getting a check from Blizzard one day!

Looking at this post.... It's probably just you.

Yoshichan

Looking at this post.... It's probably just you.

When I've actually try harded, I've gotten to rank legend. Four times.

"It's just me."

Now I'm playing a mage who used one card to draw two cards. Now they have two options to kill me with and more card advantage because they have less cards in their deck.

Now I'm playing a mage who used one card to draw two cards. Now they have two options to kill me with and more card advantage because they have less cards in their deck.

All classes have card draw in some form, some better draw than others. It's one of the basics of deckbuilding: have enough card draw to not run out cards to play. But have too much draw and you run out of steam too fast, or get your hand too full.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Nah, Shaman/Priest are in rougher shape though TGT is pretty nice to Shaman(dunno about Priest). I do agree the new Rogue cards aren't looking super hot. Like you said, she just seems forced into a specific decktype for now which is a shame unless Pirate Rogue becomes legit.

On the other hand if the meta actually slows down that would naturally benefit her. I dislike playing her in an aggro hell since I feel super reliant on drawing heals while I kill myself.

KuroNeeko

So just what IS wrong with Priest anyway? It's my favorite class, the one (next to Rogue) that I have the most wins for (level 33, lol), but it doesn't get any love at the higher levels of play.

Is it too reactive? Between Holy Nova, Light Bomb, ASP + CoH, there are three AoEs. Smite, Shadow Madness, Holy Fire, Mind Control are there for single target removal - and CSP is one of the best minions in the game. That's more than some other classes get.

Is it too situational? Shadow Word: Pain / Death not working on all units. Weak early game. Hero power doesn't influence the board?

I love the class and will keep playing it. I'm excited to get Flash Heal and Convert. Just hope someone manages to make it work consistently.

zoukka

Priest has trouble finishing games. In control mirrors priest relies on fatigue. Priest is not bad, it's just missing something that helps it close out games.

Yoshichan

Can priest even win Patron or Control Warrior match up? Even in fatigue seems unlikely.

By the time you've fatigued a patron warrior, the warrior would've dealt approximately 90-120 damage. 90 being the "lucky" case.

Lyng

Oil rogue is really strong and can beat almost any match up if played well.

Lyng

Man I can only imagine the level of salt if you played something like Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn. That game has far more "do nasty shit to your opponent" then I imagine Hearthstone will ever have.

So just what IS wrong with Priest anyway? It's my favorite class, the one (next to Rogue) that I have the most wins for (level 33, lol), but it doesn't get any love at the higher levels of play.

Is it too reactive? Between Holy Nova, Light Bomb, ASP + CoH, there are three AoEs. Smite, Shadow Madness, Holy Fire, Mind Control are there for single target removal - and CSP is one of the best minions in the game. That's more than some other classes get.

Is it too situational? Shadow Word: Pain / Death not working on all units. Weak early game. Hero power doesn't influence the board?

Count up the cards you just mentioned and you'll see the problem with Priest. You can hang in there with the best of them, but then what? You need to win the game too and you are pretty much hoping Ysera gives you the dream, which isn't dream, but the other dream cards which are the dream.

If you could have 35-40 cards, Priest would be the best. But you need some minions in your deck, and clerics for card draw and buffs. So you end up cutting things and trying to add pyromancers to cover the gaps and you are at 26 cards before you get started and it just doesn't get the job done reliably.

Did they get enough with TGT? I still have my doubts combo priest will work, but the 3 drop legendaries have at least some promise and the legendary generator...might work, maybe.

Priest will at least get some play as people try to make it work again.

Man I can only imagine the level of salt if you played something like Ashes: Rise of the Phoenixborn. That game has far more "do nasty shit to your opponent" then I imagine Hearthstone will ever have.

I doubt it. I had another game where a warrior played a giant and then gave it +2 attack and charge, for 10 damage! 10! No wonder Warrior is considered broken, but now it is getting the most broken legendary of all in TGT and mech mage isn't getting anything.

KuroNeeko

Count up the cards you just mentioned and you'll see the problem with Priest. You can hang in there with the best of them, but then what? You need to win the game too and you are pretty much hoping Ysera gives you the dream, which isn't dream, but the other dream cards which are the dream.

That's true, now that you mention it, Wounded Bladesmaster / Soul Priest / Cabal Shadow Priest tend to be my main offensive threats....... :sob

Still saving up for Ysera
or Sylvanas.

Raxus

It seems with TGT at least all decks will have at least one strong variant.
Warlocks changed the least.
Rogues got the worst card out of the set but got some stuff to bring back control variants (jury is out on those).
Priest has interesting possibilities but I can't tell for certain how strong they'll be.
Warrior have a stronger control variation now. Patron gonna patron and probably continue to be the dominant warrior deck.
Mages will (honestly) also got nothing aside from effigy which works for none of their effective decks. Inspire and the hero power cards could make an interesting variant but I really have my doubts.
Druids got mega ramp and a much appreciated 2 drop basically saving them from bottom tier.
Midrange Hunter got a nice boost, face got shit which it deserves.
Aggro Paladin and control paladin got nice boosts with a secret and joust specifically.
Shaman may be playable outside of mech now (lol)

Overall I am loving the set, just wish they introduced something to counter secrets or had some word about card nerfs. Alas.

As far the meta goes I think it will be slow to change. Aggro is still really strong and not much aside from no nerf to patron really counters that.

Yoshichan

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Like toddhunter said, I feel like every time I try to make a priest deck I nearly fill the list up just by the class cards. They cover so many bases yet by default feel too reactive to everything without really pushing scary stuff out.

That said, I have always hated fighting them. If divine spirit/inner fire decks became consistent it will be awful.

And warrior?

Varian will shake stuff up and dragon warrior would be a nice alternative with the new cards.

TGT seems to mainly push Taunt Warrior which I'm not sure I can really see working, but sparring partner seems super strong enough to possibly push it.

And warrior?

Warriors get "Armour Warrior" which will be extremely strong and a new card for the traditional "Control warrior plus a couple of cards that might be fun like sneeds so we'll try them out because you have to play something and control warrior is pretty boring" warrior.

"Control plus a few dragons" warrior is also more viable.

And if it isn't nerfed, Patron will still destroy all these slow ass inspire minions sitting on the board doing exactly nothing.

Yoshichan

Almost two accounts to rank 5 now... never again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom