• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Managed to make it to all stars full on Rank 6.

...Then lost two games.

I'll try this again during the day tomorrow (if the servers are up) since people seem to be worse then.

johnsmith

remember me
Priest may not be top tier, but damn if it's not the most fun class. Nothing causes more concedes than Cabaling something really good. 3 of my 4 priest games today have ended that way. Took a Tirion, Flamewaker, and Piloted Shredder.

CoolOff

22353.gif

Looking good.

Day 1 craft.

This is interesting.

Not sure what it would be referencing though.
For what it's worth lore wise, the Curse of Flesh is what the Old Gods inflected upon the Titan's creations, birthing the races of Dwarves, Troggs, and I think others.

Gearmaster Mechazod I believe was an ancient creation of the Titans that wasn't corrupted but has gone mad. When a Clockwork Gnome attacks, he is who they are referencing.

Makes me wonder if Ulduar is the next adventure which would be freaking amazing. Doesn't make sense why they'd use Mechazod though since he is a really minor character/enemy in game/WoW wise.

For what it's worth lore wise, the Vurse of Flesh is what the Old Gods inflected upon the Titan's creations, birthing the races of Dwarves, Troggs, and I think others.

Gearmaster Mechazod I believe was an ancient creation of the Titans that wasn't corrupted but has gone mad. When a Clockwork Gnome attacks, he is who they are referencing.

Makes me wonder if Ulduar is the next adventure which would be freaking amazing. Doesn't make sense why they'd use Mechazod though since he is a really minor character/enemy in game/WoW wise.

This man is dropping some knowledge. I should have followed the lore more than raiding as a part/full time job.

V-Faction

They've done Naxx, they've done a Gnome expansion, they're doing the Tournament... If you told me Ulduar and/or titan related-entities was next on the docket I wouldn't bet against you.

This man is dropping some knowledge. I should have followed the lore more than raiding as a part/full time job.
hah Thanks. I just enjoyed all the lore stuff when I played way back when. All this stuff was during Wrath which was a pretty awesome expansion lore wise. Just happy to see it all move over, even if it's silly, to Hearthstone.

Just a quick example, I was listening to all the new sounds for fun and while they're all awesome, one card sticks out to me. Going to assume it's for the Tournament Medic, but when played he says, "Fine, I'll heal," and while attacking, "Fine, I'll wand." This is great to me because people would always complain about being made to heal. Wands are a whole 'nother story.

Also, Varian does have a custom sound for Anduin confirmed. Something along the lines of, "Your skills are growing, Anduin." It's hard to skim to get the exact line but it's there.

Mulgrok

priest otk combo

stormwind knight
power word: shield
divine spirit
divine spirit
inner fire or confuse

sadly takes emperor to enable it

EDIT: Just finished buying the last of the expansions with gold. Should I start playing arena or just wait for TGT and blow it all on packs?

priest otk combo

stormwind knight
divine spirit
divine spirit
inner fire or confuse

EDIT: Just finished buying the last of the expansions with gold. Should I start playing arena or just wait for TGT and blow it all on packs?

Save it. Right now arena is full of the hardcore arena players while others are just saving up. I learned that the hard way before gvg released.

Crushed a Kibler Dragon Mage today with my control warrior. Got him to fatigue himself.

Felt good.

My control warrior actually had a fairly high win rate today. More fun than patron which I find terribly boring to play, albeit the games can last awhile. Only lost to I think a weird controlish paladin when he plopped a Ysera and both executes plus a shield slam were in the bottom 5 cards. He got too much value off it.

johnsmith

remember me
How the hell is malganis from a doomcaller fair? F this card so much. Needs have more of a downside than a 1 mana penalty in stats. The swings it provides are obscene.

How the hell is malganis from a doomcaller fair? F this card so much. Needs have more of a downside than a 1 mana penalty in stats. The swings it provides are obscene.

pocket bgh bruh
or your favorite removal

if a lock throws down a voidy it means they got dat mal waitin for you
silence his ass

priest otk combo

stormwind knight
divine spirit
divine spirit
inner fire or confuse

Nope Gnomeregan nfantry

I ran that deck for a couple of days. It only worked once but is worth it for the wtfs when you drop that card and take out a leper gnome.

It is like coining out a knife juggler. It is impossible to do and not have it die instantly.

So you are doing something wrong in your deck.

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah because you guys always have a silence when you need it, or a bgh when you need it. You get to pick what cards you have in your hand every game right? Oh wait.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
How the hell is malganis from a doomcaller fair? F this card so much. Needs have more of a downside than a 1 mana penalty in stats.

It uses a card from your hand. If it pulls anything less than Imp Gang Boss than it's not really that good. That's more than can be said of Mad Scientist.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I always assume any void caller on the board means malganis/infernal/doomguard in the hand. If I have the cards to deal with it, I'll deal with it, if not, then it's identical to any other "perfect draw vs crappy draw" scenario you can think of.

Yeah because you guys always have a silence when you need it, or a bgh when you need it. You get to pick what cards you have in your hand every game right? Oh wait.

You get to pick when you deal with it, that is more than good enough.

Bane of doom on the other hand...

Bane of doom on the other hand...
With every new Demon there's a lesser chance of getting Mal'ganis at least. The only real crazy addition is Fearsome Doomguard, the basic 6/8, since it's a big body. Everything else added in TGT isn't too crazy getting it on turn 5. Void Crusher might be annoying if it lives but it can also murder itself and might stop the Warlock from tapping.

Forkball

These chumps online think I don't have two fireballs in hand.

I do. I always do.

Is Blizzard going to give us a free Argent Tourney pack? I need to know whether or not to save my dust for Ball of Spiders.

Maximo

I've never crafted a gold card before and am STILL saving up for Sylvanas / Ysera / Paletress, but Cutpurse, Darnassus Aspirant, and Flash Heal / Convert look AWESOME!
Don't worry I instantly dust any gold card I get just so I'm closer to a legendary.

Implosion x4 into doomcaller malganis for the 2nd time tonight. I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH.

Every time I cast Brawl tonight the worst possible creature survived and I lost the game because of it.

2x AnnoyoTron, a Mechwarper, and a Blastmage. Blastmage survives, I lose the game because of it.

Cenarius and 2x Treants, the Cenarius survives of course (and I had a Fiery War Axe equipped) and I lose the game because of it.

There were other times too.

I just expect the worst every time now.

Prodigal

Banned
Quick question for y'all. I quit playing right before GvG came out. I have most of the classic cards and all of the Naxx cards; my question is if, in the current meta, should I buy the Blackrock Mountain adventure thing for the guaranteed cards? Or would I be better off just buying the equivalent in gold/cash for GvG packs.

Quick question for y'all. I quit playing right before GvG came out. I have most of the classic cards and all of the Naxx cards; my question is if, in the current meta, should I buy the Blackrock Mountain adventure thing for the guaranteed cards? Or would I be better off just buying the equivalent in gold/cash for GvG packs.

You should probably buy the first wing of Blackrock Mountain because it has the best cards from BRM and Emperor Thaurissian goes in a lot of decks.

There are some great commons and rares from GvG, but most of the epics and legendaries are not needed, with the exception of Dr. Boom and you are better off crafting that one instead of hoping to get him from packs.

Lyng

Just make a face hunter deck. Its the easiest deck to play of all decks, and even if you have zero clue what your doing, most of the time just going face and playing all your cards, doing zero trades will win you most games.

Rapstah

Mech Shaman is a weird deck to play. I wonder if you can fit two Ancestral Knowledge in there somehow with TGT... 2 Overload is better than having no cards to play on turn 4.

No you don't. Maybe if it was like magic where you get to pick defenders, but nothing's stopping the warlock from killing it on purpose.

There is a big thing stopping the warlock from killing it on purpose and that is it being a slow card without charge. Once it is dropped you know how many cards your opponent has and can get ready for the possible outcomes. It isn't particularly complicated.

You can't play around everything all the time, but whinging about that being OP misses the mark. The majority of the time getting Malganis out early when your opponent still has all their removal is just a bad play.

Szadek

Confessor Paletress

FlavorText: "She sees into your past and makes you face your fears. Most common fear: Getting Majordomo out of Sneed's Old Shredder."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom