• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, and you can often do well with your own decks too especially in the lower ranks since hardly anyone knows what you're playing and they often can't adapt or play properly against it.

I got to rank 8 this month by playing various flavors of mid-rangey control priest that I kept tweaking along the way. It's just so much more fun for me. I love the package of Auchenai- CoH - Northshire - Wild Pyromancer - Light of the Naaru - Injured Blademaster - PW:S. So many little interactions!

I climbed from 8 to 5 mainly using Control Warrior because I've been playing it forever and I'm probably going to stop now until the patch.

Pooya

Started another arena run now that I'm done with ladder. I look at the choices, mage and paladin, I go mage! yay

Nothing amazing, one fireball, one flamestrike. The rest are standard common drops with a good curve.

First game it's hunter. I opened really strong but man 2 deadly shots killed my big drop and he snowballed from there, never draw a fireball or flamestrike.

Second game mage, really disgusting deck, two or three water elementals. I played around the first flamestrike, didn't do anything really. looked wasted to me, the second one didn't do anything either then go hit by blizzard that did hurt bad. My flamestrikecame too late to matter. I guess I should mulligan for it next time! 0-2

Third game paladin. it's another disgusting deck but I manage to Kezan his defender and that just won me board control for the rest of the game, I think he a made a mistake, since defender was summoned next to wolf it was actually 3/1 and killed his injured blademaster. Now before I win he actually played Dr. Boom! It was too late to do anything. 1-2

I'm going to stop now since seems like a horrible time to get matches on NA, just saw on stream AMAZ has Kel'Thuzad in arena too. yeah..
I usually get 6-7 wins minimum very easily, these first games were like really rough.

Magnus

Anything is playable from Rank 20 to 10

lol, well if you crop my quote that way....I didn't say just playable. I said playable so that all you need to do is pretty much play your cards out without real thinking, or mulliganing, or any real strategy. Play cards. Go face. It's competitive with no real strategy. That's the problem with it.

You can't just play anything with most other decks and be as competitive, imo.

Minsc

Gold Member
I'm going to stop now since seems like a horrible time to get matches on NA, just saw on stream AMAZ has Kel'Thuzad in arena too. yeah..
I usually get 6-7 wins minimum very easily, these first games were like really rough.

I saw that too, he went out 6-3, and KT was absolutely nothing but dead weight every single one of those 9 games (it was like his 10th pick in the draft too, so he had plenty of time to build around it as best he could - got a belcher in there but the two never met). Any game he drew it or chose it from a Tracking, it cost him a card because he could never even get a single trade from it to resurrect.

Guess even KT can be complete trash in Arena, though some people do swear by him. Still, for 9 games in a row to not get a single use out of the legend... just goes to show how Arena can be. Stampeding Kodo on the other hand, that got some crazy value and straight up won at least 2 games that may have gone either way (one took out a Death Knight).

Dahbomb

Kelthuzad is game winning in Arena if there's an even board state or you are slightly ahead. Even if you are slightly behind on board it can turn the tables.

But if you are losing hard then it's just a 6/8 8 mana body. Like it's not better than a War Golem if you have no board.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm stupid and didn't believe in the topdecks.

I mirror entity Auchenai Soulpriest.
I get Voodoo Doctor from Portal.
Instead of 2 to the face I save it in case I can use it somewhere else.
What do you know? I draw Fireball when he's at 8 and he already killed Soulpriest.

Lesson learned: Always SMORC

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I'm stupid and didn't believe in the topdecks.

I mirror entity Auchenai Soulpriest.
I get Voodoo Doctor from Portal.
Instead of 2 to the face I save it in case I can use it somewhere else.
What do you know? I draw Fireball when he's at 8 and he already killed Soulpriest.

Lesson learned: Always SMORC

Anytime you are extremely low on cards and your opponent has more you should be smorcing. Trying to play the value game when you are behind is folly because all you are doing is dying more slowly. Smorcing gets you the best chance of winning.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
But my dream is to be the mayor of value town like frump.

CoolOff

Still no official response on Warriors in arena.

Blizzard pls, at least switch the rarities of Sparring Partner and Bolster, or Sparring Partner and Orgrimmar.

Got the luckiest win ever last night and the dude added me after to say "holy rng" lol

I was playing mage and he was shaman. I unstable portaled Ysera on turn 2 so it costs 6. It looks like he has me beat on turn 8 when all I had on the board was Ysera for the past two turns and some other minion while he would most likely kill me on his next turn. I have like 14 health and he has a little over 20. On turn 8 I use that dream card that gives a minion +5/+5 on Ysera and the other that damages all characters but Ysera plus a fireball to his face for exact lethal. Felt so good and sooo damn lucky.

Thanks unstable portal

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/19868024/introducing-the-power-core-card-back-8-18-2015

Bursting with the energy of competitive Hearthstone play, the Power Core card back will be available to players who participate in or attend select Hearthstone eSports tournaments around the world. Keep an eye out for upcoming Hearthstone blogs and announcements that feature officially sanctioned Hearthstone eSports events—you never know when the opportunity to get your hands on the Power Core card back may strike. How you acquire this card back may change from event to event, so don’t stay static!

AQKYD8JN4ORI1439588368148.jpg

Dahbomb

Still no official response on Warriors in arena.

Blizzard pls, at least switch the rarities of Sparring Partner and Bolster, or Sparring Partner and Orgrimmar.
LOL as if Blizzard is going to comment on it.

All these interview places always hurl softball questions at Blizzard. And Blizzard returns with the softest answers ever.

Then again not much to press on them when they have a widely successful game. Most sites don't really look out for the long time, core audiences anyway.

CoolOff

LOL as if Blizzard is going to comment on it.

All these interview places always hurl softball questions at Blizzard. And Blizzard returns with the softest answers ever.

Then again not much to press on them when they have a widely successful game. Most sites don't really look out for the long time, core audiences anyway.

Well, Brode directly responded to Kripps video on buffing old cards with his own video, so it happens. It needs to be picked up by a few more notable voices though.

Dahbomb

Well, Brode directly responded to Kripps video on buffing old cards with his own video, so it happens. It needs to be picked up by a few more notable voices though.
That video looks incredibly stupid in hindsight after they released Ice Rager and Evil Heckler.

What's even worse is Blizzard's response to this was "it's OK to power creep on cards that see no play". As Noxious stated, it's an asinine design philosophy to have.

lol, well if you crop my quote that way....I didn't say just playable. I said playable so that all you need to do is pretty much play your cards out without real thinking, or mulliganing, or any real strategy. Play cards. Go face. It's competitive with no real strategy. That's the problem with it.

You can't just play anything with most other decks and be as competitive, imo.

Yeah, but I'm not sure if that really matters.

It's really easy to crush aggro decks when climbing too. I teched 2x Deathlord in my priest deck while climbing and combined with the rest of the Priest stuff I destroyed aggro decks left and right.

Caja 117

Is it me not been good enough, or is this game single play on expert against Paladin is cheap? He takes the same card more than 3 times, a lot of divine shield cards with charge, secret cards with convinience to it, and some cards on my deck are not even showing, I have played like 20 games failing, and there are some 2 or 3 cards from my deck that never show up.

embalm

I'm surprised there haven't been any Nerfs discovered in the patch notes.

I thought for sure we would see at least 1 or 2 changes.

I was hoping Magma Rager got his attack increased to 6 and BBBG got his health knocked up to 5 so their roles were maintained in the basic card set, but they weren't outclassed by new cards completely. They still wouldn't see play, but it's a smart update.

gutshot

Patch is live! Downloading now for me...

EDIT: Ranked rewards are active. You can also view all the TGT cards on the Collection screen but they aren't craftable yet, obviously.

FeD.nL

I'm seriously most excited for trying Token druid now.

Me behind the computer while playing and listening to I want you back while my Mini groots hit your face:

Baby-dancing-Groot.gif

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Yeah I got a 3.0 patch that is dated today, 8/18. It has all the expansion stuff in it.

But of course they haven't activated it yet so it does nothing :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom