• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Just won 30-0 turn 5 as the Hunter, maybe it's not quite so horrible. Coined the 3/2 turn 1, followed by the same thing again turn 2, then Animal Companion, then that 5/3 charge guy turn 4, then another animal companion (huffer) + hero power brought them down to just 3 life and they conceded.
I'm not saying it's statistically significant, but I've played 4 brawls and the hunter deck lost 4 times. >_<

Had to use hero power until turn 5, then lost the joust for master jouster on turn 6 -_-. IMO, the only salvageable joust deck will be ramp druid because of ramp cards and living roots. Also, losing joust on ties sucks.

Xanathus

Played 1 game and won, get pack, discovered that inspire cards are super OP if your opponent does absolutely nothing to regain tempo, TGT is meh.

Lupercal

Banned
Man that compare ability is the worst.
Just had it come up 6 times and 6 times it used the same creature for enemy with 7 mana cost.

Rigged I tell ya!

Triz

When the opponent hunter plays lock and load, and all 3 cards he gained were bestial wrath with nothing on the board lol.

Acinixys

wow the new cards are fucking terrible.

You are so jaded Yoshi

You need to take up hiking or something. Get away from the PC. All these video games are destroying your soul

Your posts use to be so positive and full of excitement, but now all you do is be negative.

Mirimar

There's got to be a better way than just outright losing ties in the Jousting mechanic. I get that if ties jousted again, it would take more time for the turn, but maybe they can add time onto the rope to make up for it.

Rapstah

I'm not sure if a weird joke format consisting of two bad decks that are all new cards is a good measuring stick of how good the new cards are at all.

They look and sound pretty good though!

inky

Won 4/5 jousts, still lost.

Pulled a nice combo L&L but it wasn't enough. (Everything from the weapon onwards was L&L)

58cpqas.png

Opponent just got the right cards (taunts, corruption out of spellslinger to counter my Gaz, etc.

Frenden

Banned
This Brawl is throwing a wet blanket over my hype for the new set. Inspire does seem slightly less crap than I was thinking, but Joust, at least against this not-quite-aggro-Mage, kinda sucks.

Or am I missing something?

Peléo

There's got to be a better way than just outright losing ties in the Jousting mechanic. I get that if ties jousted again, it would take more time for the turn, but maybe they can add time onto the rope to make up for it.

I was thinking about the same. Maybe they tested it a lot and realized "ok, either the player loses ties or we make the effects weaker". I also think in the future there will be some card with the effect: "you win ties" or "raise the mana cost of every card by 1 in your deck while you joust".

Anyway, I hope jousting establish itself as a viable but not overpowered strategy in the meta. I really like the mechanic.

They should've made a minion that always wins jousts regardless of its cost. Master Jouster would've been perfect for this. Then you could actually build a deck around the mechanic and expect to have reasonable success with your jousts. It wouldn't be too OP because you can only have at most 2 of them in your deck or 1 if they made it a legendary.

JesseZao

Also, is Jousting the official name or did we just all mindlessly follow Trump
#ValueTown

Don't project your milquetoast on us!

Blizzard calls it this. They didn't make it a keyword because it ended up being more convoluted/confusing than just explaining it on each card.

embalm

all I know is that arena will atleast be fresh for a couple of weeks with these new cards

This is what I'm most excited about. I love new cards in Arena. It's a time when I can look at a card and have to compare it to other cards that I never would have considered. Then look at my deck and see if it even makes sense. It's a great way to learn new cards and try a bunch of them out.

Also, people seem to lose their shit and rush to play the newest card and build completely trash decks.

It's a win/win.

They should've made a minion that always wins jousts regardless of its cost. Master Jouster would've been perfect for this. Then you could actually build a deck around the mechanic and expect to have reasonable success with your jousts. It wouldn't be too OP because you can only have at most 2 of them in your deck or 1 if they made it a legendary.
I really like this idea. I wish it would have happened.

Dahbomb

Won with Hunter on my second match.

For both classes getting on the board and retaining tempo is extremely important. Whoever loses board control generally loses although Mage still has Blizzard to come back into the game. Hunter has board clears too but they are very conditional and late game clears.

In addition Mage generally has better early game presence including having 1 drops. The Hunter deck just isn't good enough to punish the Mage minions early on.

The games basically play out like Arena but Mage gets incremental value over time with the hero power where as Hunter doesn't. This among other reasons makes Mage the better class although it's certainly not Nef vs Rag bad.

zoukka

This Brawl is throwing a wet blanket over my hype for the new set. Inspire does seem slightly less crap than I was thinking, but Joust, at least against this not-quite-aggro-Mage, kinda sucks.

Or am I missing something?

You got a joust themed aggro hunter deck... we can't judge joust as a mechanic going by this deck yet.

Dahbomb

Yeah judging the Joust mechanic off of this deck is pretty bad.

However, this Mage deck is almost entirely built around Inspire. Sub out a few of the bad cards for good cards like Mad Scientist and you could have something here.

Right so I got the Double Lock and Load Dream, the Snake Trap into Acidmaw Dream, and the Maiden of Lake into Coldarra Drake into machinegunning my opponent dream, all in my first two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom