• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Will you get an Excess Mana card when playing Astral Communion? "Gain 10 Mana Crystals" will always take you over 10 Mana in the tray.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Will you get an "Excess Mana" card when playing Astral Communion? "Gain 10 Mana Crystals" will always take you over 10 Mana.

Brode confirmed you'll get 1 excess mana if you play it while already at 10...

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think Polymorph: Boar is going to be one of the better cards in the set.

It's just so versatile.

We argued about this on stream. I don't think it's that good. It's versatile but in every instance you use it, it's either a weak answer or weak aggression. Unless you're running Token Mage you don't have any good targets to use it aggressively and it is significantly worse than regular Polymorph as removal. I would compare it to something like Starfall. Starfall is either weak single target removal or a weak board clear. It is very versitle, but each time you use it it is a weak play.

I feel Polymorph Boar is just way better than Sheep, it's almost power creep!

It's one mana less and if you have Justicar or a Fallen Hero, it still can be be poly+ping to clear any minion. On top of that you have the added offensive capability. It's just too good.

I feel it could be really good in a tempo mage deck with mirror images and violet teacher too. It will be so fun to experiment with it.

Effigy and this are both quite exciting, rest of mage cards are meh to ok.

I agree on Polymorph Boar, I think it's super good and gonna be a staple in mage decks. Effigy I'm more cautious with. I don't think it's all that good, since it can't activate on your turn, so your opponent gets to choose what to kill. It's too easy to play around it. For it to be really good, you need to run a higher mana curve for minions, which I don't know if it's feasible (it won't be).

Copenap

Polymorph Boar gotta be one of the most overrated cards in TGT so far, I don't see it as relevant. Why not play Arcane Golem instead in aggro so you don't have to waste a taunt/body and it's not that great as removal.

Haunted

Polymorph Boar gotta be one of the most overrated cards in TGT so far, I don't see it as relevant. Why not play Arcane Golem instead in aggro so you don't have to waste a taunt/body and it's not that great as removal.
Arcane Golem into Polymorph Boar for 8 dmg.

After hitting a wall at rank 7 with Face Hunter I switched to Mid Range.

After losing a bunch of games in a row getting used to it (dropping to rank 8), it finally started to click. Then I realized that Mad Scientist in that deck is more trouble than he's worth. Getting a Frozen Trap out at the wrong time can really hurt you, like it activating on a Shield Maiden or anything with an annoying battlecry. Against aggro, returning a 1/1 token to their hand isn't all that great either. And that's 4 slots that could be used with stuff that actually lets you control the board instead.

I know it sounds sacrilegious, but after a bunch of games with them out, the deck is definitely stronger. I was able to get to the middle of rank 6 somewhat easily and I can definitely see me getting to rank 5 with this.

So IMO Mad Scientist is not enough value in mid range. Everyone knows you're playing Frozen and can easily play around it. Even if you were to switch to Misdirection, playing around Freezing also plays around Misdirection for the most part. Explosive can also hurt you in certain match ups (Patron, comes to mind). Mad Scientist is still great in Face Hunter though.

I subbed in a copy of the 3 mana card that kills a random minion. I really don't know why it isn't more popular. It's not very good in face hunter when he has a board full of stuff, but in mid range you are actively fighting for board control, so more times than not it reads: "kill target minion", since there's only one. I usually get very good value out of it, I'm almost considering running 2, but that might be too much.

I just switched out Freezing Trap for Explosive Trap. I think the traps should be based more on what you're facing regularly rather than whether you're running Face or Midrange.

Haly

Because sometimes you want 4 damage to the face and sometimes you want to kill a Tirion.

Being able to do either in one card is very powerful, like Druid of the Claw.

I just switched out Freezing Trap for Explosive Trap. I think the traps should be based more on what you're facing regularly rather than whether you're running Face or Midrange.

Maybe, but I would argue Explosive is much better in face than in midrange. In face the extra 2 damage is critical in a race and it's pretty much the only tool the deck has for board control.

Midrange isn't about the damage race, you're not hero powering every turn like on face hunter and you have a lot more tools for board control, so unless you're seeing 80% aggro it seems like a waste of a slot to me.

Edit: By the time I would want to play Explosive, I'd almost always rather have a Belcher in my hand against aggro anyway. The extra mana to play a Wolf Rider of hero power isn't all that relevant in midrange IMO.

New_Bitmap_Image.png

This is an all rogue card list. Could be fun. Probably is weak. But could be fun. Could maybe mix in anubar ambusher to smooth the curve out a bit. Just threw it together without thinking about it much.

Pooya

It's a kind of damage that is hard to see it coming and it's very versatile that you can reuse your minions to attack twice a turn or even three times to get that lethal.

With the burn spells mage has I feel it can make a strong face or tempo deck, more consistent than hunter. You don't need to have a beast to deal 6 face damage, your hero power can be way better than hunter, mid to late game, and there are a whole lot of nasty mage cards and secrets.

ZealousD

Because sometimes you want 4 damage to the face and sometimes you want to kill a Tirion.

Being able to do either in one card is very powerful, like Druid of the Claw.

Or like Starfall or Dark Wispers. Choose One cards are not always good.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Eurgh, that feel when you're half way through the deck and you've drawn none of your removals.

Fuck's sake :mad:

ZealousD

But this is costed appropriately though. There's no extra cost for the flexibility to use it as removal (other than it not being all that great removal, more like for emergencies).

So you agree that it is crappy removal for the cost, then?

It is also crappy aggression for the cost too. You don't want to target a substantial minion with this, it has to be something insubstantial, like a token.

Strider

rofl playing combo priest against a Warlock just now...

Warlock is at 19 health and in my hand all I have is Emperor, Mind Blast x2 and Velen. So I drop Emperor to set up lethal for next turn and unfortunately opponent drops Malganis.

So over the next 2 turns I drop whatever minion I draw and he's using his Malganis to clear them. I survive until the 3rd turn with 3 health left and he has a full board of minions... I have no way of clearing them... But he decides to show off thinking he had the game won and played a Void Terror next to his Malganis.

I never spammed "Thank you" so much.

Auctopus

Forgot to say, played the most bizarre Hunter deck at about Level 17/18 the other day.

Pretty much face but the last turn was crazy.

His turn: Uses fiery war axe on my piloted shredder.
My turn: I taunt mad scientist.
His turn: He attacks mad scientist with FWA then plays Deathwing.
My turn: Mirror Entity activates from MS and I get Deathwing, Face.

No idea what sort of deck he was playing. It was a golden Deathwing as well.

So you agree that it is crappy removal for the cost, then?

It is also crappy aggression for the cost too. You don't want to target a substantial minion with this, it has to be something insubstantial, like a token.

Yes, if you could only play it on your opponent's minions, no one would run it. But that you have the option to, is certainly valuable. It would probably still see play if it could only target your own minions, since it's good aggression for the cost. Of course this is something you run in an aggro deck, but 4 damage for 3 on something your opponent has to spend time to kill is good. Using it on a minion at 1 health that already attack seems pretty good.

Caja 117

I know Im bothering you guys a lot with my Noob question, but I have more:

-Im almost at 20 in Druid, any other good Hero for a beginner?

-For the Druid I got a card that have the border gold colored and I have the same card but without this gold borders, what are the difference?

Haly

Or like Starfall or Dark Wispers. Choose One cards are not always good.
Starfall is 1/2 overcosted Consecrate. 1/2 overcosted Shadow Bolt.

Boar is actually undercosted Polymorph and similarly costed Arcane Golem.

Like Golem, you're not going to drop this in turn 3. It will be saved for lethal (in which case you don't care if you have to poly your Antonidas) or getting rid of a large taunt like Tirion, Chillmaw, Ancient of War, or Divine Spirited Bolf.

-For the Druid I got a card that have the border gold colored and I have the same card but without this gold borders, what are the difference?

I don't think Druid is all that good for beginners. The good Druid decks run lots of epics. I've never been able to play Druid because the decks are just too expensive to make.

If you don't have that many cards, aggro is almost always the answer. Hunter is good for that. Maybe Mage as well.

Gold cards just look cooler and have better animations. If you don't care about that, you can get a lot of dust out of them. I personally like to keep them, but I would never craft them since they're far too expensive.

Edit: However, do get a hero to level 20 as soon as possible (even if it's druid) so you can play Tavern Brawl. Every other week you get premade decks, so you won't be at a disadvantage against people with better collections. You get a pack for your first win every week. This week is premade decks so try to get on it.

JesseZao

Hover over the level progression bar druid (or any class). It'll show which golden classic card you unlock next. You unlock the golden version of classic cards by leveling up different classes. Your next golden for druid will be the second gold version of that card.

Mage and Hunter are good for beginners or a zoo warlock.

ZealousD

Of course this is something you run in an aggro deck, but 4 damage for 3 on something your opponent has to spend time to kill is good. Using it on a minion at 1 health that already attack seems pretty good.

Huffer is great when it comes out of animal companion. But if you have to sacrifice a minion, than it is like an overcosted windfury. And Mage, while it has some aggressive decks, isn't really a FACE deck where a card like huffer excels anyway.

Fixed1979

So I just logged into my Euro account for the first time this month, guess the new patch is already handed out rewards chest...Rank 19---golden Ice Lance 10 dust and card back...lol

Finalow

ok I'll stop playing ranked because it's just retarded how every fucking person in rank 18 and 17 has the full list of broken legendaries + 5 more while I try to win games with boulderfist ogre.

Pooya

If you got hunter just concede, mage deck is way way better. It's Rag/Ned again. production values are great though, cards sound very good.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
LOCK AND LOAD ANIMATION

SO GOOD

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
3 games in hunter hasnt lost one joust

But inspire is so good

I'm a bit surprised StriceCro is so high on Thunder Bluff Valiant. I'm sure it will be a fine card but the best in TGT? I don't know. I feel like it will be easy for your opponent to deny the value you get from it. Even now it's not uncommon for your opponent to target your totems and with the potential for them to be buffed I just don't see you building up a board of totems and surprising your opponent that often.

Certainly wouldn't mind if he was right though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom