• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

Damn, Frost Giant is the shit, I didn't realize you don't need them in your hand to get them at reduced price...

King's Elekk is nuts.

Kunohara

Every hunter I've played, and every Joust card they've played they have lost. That is some bad luck there (good for me though).

Managed to top deck Colderra Drake with Maiden on the board for lethal, very nice.

This is really damn fun, can't wait to get home and play more.

Leezard

Damn, Frost Giant is the shit, I didn't realize you don't need them in your hand to get them at reduced price...

King's Elekk is nuts.

King's Elekk is indeed great. I wonder how a Hunter combo deck could work when it can draw its high-cost minions reliably.

Forkball

Ok I've gone 3-0 in Tavern Brawl, here's my thoughts on the new cards/mechanics as the undefeated world champion of Hearthstone.

Inspire: This is more interesting than I presumed. Depending on the card, it seems like you sacrifice too much mana for what you get. Lowly Squire only gets +1 attack for two mana. I actually got one up to 5/2 and another up to 4/2, but it can easily be removed as well. However, it can give some good buffs depending on the card. The Kvaldir Warrior or whatever it is gets +2/+2 on Inspire. If you have a Maiden of the Lake on the board, you can do your hero power twice for 2 mana total and get +4/+4 in a single turn. I think this mechanic will certainly benefit some characters more than others. It is very versatile for Mage, but I'm curious to see how it would affect someone like Warlock.

Jousting: RNGesus' newest miracle. I seriously only won ONE joust in three games, so it can definitely be annoying if you're not getting anything out of it. The 5/6 Jouster guy who gets taunt and Divine Shield? That can be brutal if your foe drops that. This mechanic seems to favor late-game/control decks that have big hitters and is supposed to be a counter to aggro. However, even if you have a deck with a lot of high mana cards, you can easily still lose since it is basically a coin flip. I think there should be more risk when a joust card is play. The jouster really has no big penalty.

Combo: I'm not sure which cards you could just sub into your deck, since they seem to build off of each other. Maiden of the Lake would definitely benefit best when paired with other inspire cards. Maybe the Kvaldir guy could work without other Inspire cards since his buff is pretty big on its own.

Individual cards: The 8/8 legendary that gives you THREE arcane missles is a lot of fun. If you have the board clear, that's 9 damage for 3 mana. Sadly he conceded before I could do it. Hunter also seems to have some strong cards (finally a hunter buff). One summons a random beast if you already have a beast on the board. Sheeeeit, that's not going to be fun. Also Lock and Load, my god. That's going to be in every Hunter deck right?

tl;dr would spend 100g on a pack

V-Faction

Jousting is based on card cost. You lose ties. Therefore, to get the most out of your Joust card, you distill your deck down to heavy cost minions, because the capability to lose against 5/6/7 minions is very real. You'll have to really, really develop your decks around it. No small minions, not even other Jousting Cards (because they will count against other jousts).

You also can't make ALL your minions joust because... if your deck runs out of minions, you run out of jousts.

zoukka

Refreshment Vendor is a great tempo swing against aggressive openings like I predicted. What a beastly card against face decks.

Owzers

won my first game, with a mage. The battle felt really awkward and i didn't struggle much since i drew good beginning cards.

Opiate

Yes, I agree we can judge little by these decks (Inspire is being given a fantastic showing because it's up against a deck with little tempo, Joust is looking awful because it's up against a midrange deck that isn't notably lower in mana cost than the joust deck is).

One thing I can say for sure, though: Armored Warhorse is a really, really bad card. I had gotten to turn 4 and could play it, but even if I won the joust my victory would allow me to... charge my 5/3 in to a 2 mana cost 3/2 minion.

I nominate it for worst card in the set. It's early voting, of course.

Opiate

I would like to hear an argument for why it's worse than Skeleton Knight. :D

Skeleton Knight is only slightly less infinite value than Dreadsteed, sir.

Speaking of, does anyone know what happens if (for instance) Skeleton Knight is killed and both you and your opponent are in fatigue?

Raxus

Yes, I agree we can judge little by these decks (Inspire is being given a fantastic showing because it's up against a deck with little tempo, Joust is looking awful because it's up against a midrange deck that isn't notably lower in mana cost than the joust deck is).

One thing I can say for sure, though: Armored Warhorse is a really, really bad card. I had gotten to turn 4 and could play it, but even if I won the joust my victory would allow me to... charge my 5/3 in to a 2 mana cost 3/2 minion.

Nothing is worse than Poisoned blades.

Nothing.

JesseZao

Speaking of, does anyone know what happens if (for instance) Skeleton Knight is killed and both you and your opponent are in fatigue?

I would assume no joust = no effect.

V-Faction

No minions = you automatically lose the joust.

FeD.nL

Not played with Spellslinger yet, I presume?

Rockyrock

Fucking loving the new cards/mechanics so far from this small taste.

So much potential.

Lock n Load is absurdly fun. and its really fun planning around getting the most out of your inspire cards.

I know this is sort of a controlled environment, but I really enjoyed all 6 of my games while trying to complete my daily quest.

Dahbomb

Pulling off a double Lock n Load combo...

Bo2BG.gif

You can but you won't get infinite cards because of mana.

Now if you keep getting Hunter's Mark then yeah it's an infinite cycle.

You just have to pull 2 Sorcerer's Apprentices from Shredders first then pull Lock and Load every time you play a spell. It should be pretty easy to do.

mxgt

Banned
Maiden of the lake + coldarra drake is ridic if it sticks.

Turn 7 killed taunt+shield master jouster by hero powering it 7 times then dropped two 0 mana frost giants. Disgusting.

V-Faction

Maiden of the lake + coldarra drake is ridic if it sticks.

Turn 7 killed taunt+shield master jouster by hero powering it 7 times then dropped two 0 mana frost giants. Disgusting.

Definitely putting a premium on Silence effects this expansion.

Dahbomb

Skeleton Knight really isn't as garbage as I thought it was.

Certainly way more playable than originally anticipated. In a grindy deck this card would do work.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Got 2 kill commands from Lock & Load.
BEASTLY

Kibler had set his deck up to absolutely destroy aggro. Don't think he fell below 25 all game.

Yea I know I play Aggro Pally and at no point in time during that game I was like she has any outs. She just top deck to delay the inevitable death.

Seemed like she changed her deck for this game though (are you allowed to change deck during games?) or it wasn't an aggro deck at all and she just had aggro draws lol.

Dahbomb

I fucking hate Ram Wrangler already...

Jesus christ WTF.... people are losing the game and then they pull King Crush out of that card. Absolutely ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom