• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
So I paid for an arena run a few nights ago but never picked a hero, now it's asking me to pay again. Do they refund you for that?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That's already a deck ... it's called the Tempo Flamewaker deck. It's still a very common deck on Ladder and is occasionally used in tournament play as well. That's the prime candidate for this type of card. Not as good as it once was as people have shifted to using Mech Mage to counter Grim Patron but still it's one of those decks that can completely demolish you with a crazy opener.

Like I am already envisioning some crazy Mana Wyrm, Sorcerer Apprentice, Mirror Image into Poly a Mirror Image ridiculous opener.

I'm not sure it fits well into the traditional tempo mage deck, but maybe when there are less aggro decks out there, it could work well. Hard to predict at this stage. I will certainly try it =)

manhack

I am really curious to see how a deck that properly utilize its strength can do against the current meta.

I don't really play hunter as much these days, but I'm thinking it will actually look something like old school Starving Buzzard + Unleash the hounds/Sunshine Hunter.

Should be "fun" to have a different Hunter archetype if true.

Dahbomb

I don't really play hunter as much these days, but I'm thinking it will actually look something like old school Starving Buzzard + Unleash the hounds/Sunshine Hunter.

Should be "fun" to have a different Hunter archetype if true.
Main problem with this archetype is that just like Feign Death Hunter it gets punished by Face Hunter.

"Oh you drew a bunch of cards... great I will just kill you anyway".

I guess having stuff like Arcane Shots and Tracking in the early game can help you counter some aggression anyway. Especially with Power Shot.

Frenden

Banned
The Brawl games which I've won with Hunter fall into three categories:

1) Mage had a terrible draw and I was able to gain control of the board very early.

2) A modest L&L draw netted me beasts people would actually put in a Hunter deck.

3) A whopper doubled L&L (played twice) with a hand full of cheap spells gave me card advantage out the butt even if the cards were only so-so.

Dahbomb

The Brawl games which I've won with Hunter fall into three categories:

1) Mage had a terrible draw and I was able to gain control of the board very early.

2) A modest L&L draw netted me beasts people would actually put in a Hunter deck.

3) A whopper doubled L&L (played twice) with a hand full of cheap spells gave me card advantage out the butt even if the cards were only so-so.

A 4th win condition is you some how survive until turn 10 and the Mage over extends the board and you can punish with Acidmaw + UTH combo.

Ketch

Is dragon Druid really not viable? I just got black wing and it seems like it would be good. Especially the one battle cry that destroys legendaries. RIP Dr boom

Dahbomb

Is dragon Druid really not viable? I just got black wing and it seems like it would be good. Especially the one battle cry that destroys legendaries. RIP Dr boom
Right now only Mage Dragon and Warrior Dragon seem any good (actually Warlock Dragon deck too if you include Malylock in that archetype). Druid can sort of work with their ramp cards but it's not really that great.

Probably should wait until the expansion for better dragon decks.

Also it doesn't matter that Rend Blackhand can kill a Dr Balanced main body... Rend Blackhand will get killed by the Boom Bots anyway. You are just better off using a BGH in that situation. Rend Blackhand's more common targets include Emperor Thaurissan, Loatheb, Harrison Jones and the big cahuna... Ysera.

zoukka

You can tempo out the mage pretty easily. Like in any format where the decks aren't super competetive, curve is king. And Armored Warhorse with charge is a very big swing to the face. Maybe people think it's good for trading and thus think it sucks.

KuroNeeko

*get Holy Smite, give your opponent Pyroblast*

Well Played.

I got Reincarnate which I used on my Rhonin :3

Brawl pack

SO JEALOUS!

zoukka

Just got 2x King Krush from LnL and won a joust on a master jouster. Control hunter is here.

It would be nice to think that control hunter could be a thing, but I'm afraid that any slower hunter variant will still be a very aggressive deck, so calling it "control" is a bit silly.

Insaniac

play spellslinger, get shadowform. Turns out, thats pretty good in an inspire deck :p

Also, captains parrot from the first time playing wrangler. Thanks RNG

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've tried Patron, Oil, Handlock, Control Warrior, Face Hunter, Midrange Hunter, Tempo Mage, Freeze Mage, Zoolock.

But really, the most consistent ladder climber right now is Eboladin.

Spam it brehs. Spam it to your Golden Epic.

I've tried Patron, Oil, Handlock, Control Warrior, Face Hunter, Midrange Hunter, Tempo Mage, Freeze Mage, Zoolock.

I've been playing eboladin all month. Can't get pass rank #2 though. Just cap out there then fall to like #4 then climb back to 2 and been repeating.

ViviOggi

I'll give them this brawl where the priority is to let people play around with the new cards in peace, but has there ever been an actually good deck made by Blizzard? Brawl, adventure or starter, all decks range from trash to decent arena draft iirc.

zoukka

I'll give them this brawl where the priority is to let people play around with the new cards in peace, but has there ever been an actually good deck made by Blizzard? Brawl, adventure or starter, all decks range from trash to decent arena draft iirc.

Same goes for any TCG in the last 20 years brah.

Daigoro

which version are you using? you bothering with Consecration and Annoy or just going straight to the face?

Pooya

I just noticed Rhonin gives arcane missles on death, and not battlecry. He's not as good as I thought then.

yeah, he's quite bad. Some people think he will be good in a tempo mage deck, I'm guessing they don't have much experience playing a tempo mage deck. Playing Rhonin is nothing but losing tempo. It's very unlikely you can use him effectively and late game tempo mage doesn't survive, you need a direct reliable finisher on turn, this is a war golem first and then maybe a finisher.

Polyboar though definitely is great for tempo mage, versatile cards like that are really important for a tempo deck. Since tempo mage is quite draw dependent and not everything goes according to plan most of the time cards like that really help. While sheep stays in your hand most of the time, it cost too much for what it is and there is only one way it can be used.

which version are you using? you bothering with Consecration and Annoy or just going straight to the face?

You need one with coghammer, one annoy-o-tron and one equality. Obviously you need consecration, if some deck doesn't it's trash.

Pooya

I'm wondering how Joust interacts with Nozdormu. The animation takes too long, I think you can play Noz then play a small drop joust minion and opponent's turn will be over.

Xanathus

Anyone thought of any cool ways of using Darnassus Aspirant?
Panda it out to avoid the deathrattle. Definitely not worth putting a panda into the deck just for that though Firebat did it in a big tourney last year where he got to use BGH twice thanks to that.

Duster

I've long suspected it but it turns out other people do get bad mage drafts/unlucky card draw in arena, I faced three of them without seeing a single fireball or flamestrike.

New tavern brawl, "everybody was joust-fu fighting"

One rule: Nothing happens unless you win a joust.

Attacking face? Joust says 50% chance to miss.

Playing a minion? Joust says no way.

Knife juggler proc? Only if joust!

Turn begins? Did you win joust?

Opiate

This Week in Hearthstone actually spent a lot of time creating a tier list based on the opinions of Trump, Kripp, and Reyand. So of these cards, which do you think are very overrated and underrated?

Overrated- Polymorph: Boar, Saboteur, Fencing Coach, Burgle, Lowly Squire

Underrated- Gadgetzan Jouster, Savage Combatant, Twilight Guardian

I think Twilight Guardian is underrated as well. I think it's odd to have fencing coach rated so highly but few inspire cards rated highly. Surely the card lives and dies by inspire effects? I'm surprised Paletress is rated so highly, as well; she just seems too fragile to me.

Leezard

New tavern brawl, "everybody was joust-fu fighting"

One rule: Nothing happens unless you win a joust.

Attacking face? Joust says 50% chance to miss.

Playing a minion? Joust says no way.

Knife juggler proc? Only if joust!

Turn begins? Did you win joust?

Just make it double or nothing.

Attack face, win Joust? get free windfury.

Turn begins, win Joust? Play two turns in a row.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
My brawl idea. "Oops! All Spiders!"

You pick a class. Everybody gets 2x copies of every spider card in the game, across all classes (webspinner, nerubian egg, beneath the grounds, anub'ar ambusher, anub'ar weblord, haunted creeper, ball of spiders, spider tank, maexxna, anubarak) plus assorted random spells from your class.

I'm wondering how Joust interacts with Nozdormu. The animation takes too long, I think you can play Noz then play a small drop joust minion and opponent's turn will be over.

Nozdormu is the biggest shit show in this game. I can't believe they made something as stupid as that.

A mage pulled it out portal against my patron warrior. Neither of us could play for like 2 turns and whoever managed to get his client to respond first won (it was me by killing the stupid thing). That card really needs to be deleted from the game. They've removed discard mechanics on the opponent because it's not fun, yet they leave this shit unchanged. It's ridiculous.

Forkball

The Tavern Brawl matches take so long. Maybe it's people not being familiar with the cards yet, but even so you gotta sit through the joust animation, people sitting there for 80 seconds reading cards, the "everyone gets a card!" abilities etc. What happened to my turn five lethal utopia?

I think Twilight Guardian is underrated as well. I think it's odd to have fencing coach rated so highly but few inspire cards rated highly. Surely the card lives and dies by inspire effects? I'm surprised Paletress is rated so highly, as well; she just seems too fragile to me.

Not necessarily. Fencing coach is something you could almost run on Face Hunter if Leper Gnome wasn't so good. Like I prefer a Turn 3 Leper + Hero power, but only by a little. So even if you don't have inspire cards on your hand is not terrible to play it on curve. And you don't have to use the hero power right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom