• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
He said they're borderline and totem golem is bad.

Totem Golem is bad only in the class that can play it is bad. If it was for any other class, people would be playing it without any hesitation.

I doubt Totem Golem alone makes shaman playable, but it certainly helps when one is forced to play Shama b/c of quests or w/e.

I love how they put the 9/7 in just to give flame lance something to kill.

Inspire feels exactly like playing bloodlust shaman. "If my minions can just survive this turn then I- aww fuck"

The way to make it work is to play incredibly slow, which is going to get wrecked by aggro. If anything blizzard are highlighting this well "shit hunter decks with joust cards will be shit, so just play face hunter".

Fun times in arena though.

Malice215

Multiple people made legend with a Divine Spirit Priest deck :shrug: (and I mean recently)
https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/3bx09i/crusher_combo_priest_inner_fire_to_legend/

I got beat with this the other day. Bout to cheap my way to legendary after the losing streak I went on yesterday.

I lost my first game with Medivh but won with Alleria. Lock N Load can give some stupid value with a couple cheap spells to get it going.

Got crap in my brawl deck but a duplicate Antonidas, so not bad for a free mode. Now to figure out what to do with this 2200 gold.

Pooya

Anyone have a good mage deck that they can recommend? I've been stuck at around level 15 and I think I need to mix things up.

I climbed to 5 with this but replaced Rag with Pyroblast, it won pretty much all of my games in rank 6-7, those handlocks don't see it coming and it was full of handlocks that day. The games will be close and you're going to lose board if it goes late, Rag's RNG isn't very useful to me then.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/279481-now-streaming-krups-legend-tempo-mage

It's not easy to play it and I felt I was extremely lucky and climbed with win streaks pretty much all the way. I suggest not to play mage if you want it easy but it's definitely doable to reach to legend with this even. You gotta go full SMorc after turn 7 or so. Rank 15 though it's nothing, you climb to 10 with this in no time. Your fireballs are meant to go face, be careful how you use them.

Play face paladin, it's the best deck, it's almost no dust. Firebat is playing it to legend on his f2p account on Asia.

Dahbomb

Lifecoach says theres 11 playable cards in The Grand Dust Tournament. 10hr review kreygasm

Kings Elekk
Healing wave
Tuskarr totemic
Tuskarr jouster
Eadric the pure
Mysterious challenger
Varian
Rhonin
Beneath the grounds
Living roots
Darnassus aspirant (maybe)
Mulch
I would take a bet with him if that was possible.

Anyone got a link to this?

The hunter deck is really awful. It isn't that Joust is worse than Inspire. It's that the mage deck has better early aggression, better board control tools, and better synergies. The hunter deck runs Cobra Shot ffs.

Hey man, Cobra Shot won me some CLOSE games. 3 to the face isn't bad when you're a Hunter. It's just horribly overcosted.

caesar

Banned
Lifecoach reviews everything inside a bubble, they are not good in patron or handlock so they are trash to him..

He said he was reviewing them in terms of top level competition. Also, his system for analysis must be working since he ls a very consistent player. We will see though

Dahbomb

He said he was reviewing them in terms of top level competition. Also, his system for analysis must be working since he ls a very consistent player. We will see though
Many top players got a ton of GvG cards extremely wrong.

Dr Balanced, Healbot, Tinker's oil etc were all extremely underrated cards when reviewed by the top players. Most of them were wrong on at least 30-40% of the card pool.

So just because they are top players doesn't mean that they will accurately predict all the good/bad cards in the set.

I think there's going to be at least twice as many "relevant" cards as on Lifecoach's list.

Gotchaye

I really think Maiden of the Lake is going to be huge in Arena for classes with real Hero Powers (not Warrior). Fallen Hero is also exactly as great as I thought it'd be, if sadly rare.

caesar

Banned
Many top players got a ton of GvG cards extremely wrong.

Dr Balanced, Healbot, Tinker's oil etc were all extremely underrated cards when reviewed by the top players. Most of them were wrong on at least 30-40% of the card pool.

So just because they are top players doesn't mean that they will accurately predict all the good/bad cards in the set.

I think there's going to be at least twice as many "relevant" cards as on Lifecoach's list.

Yes I know that, pretty sure coach was one of the few who predicted boom to be a good card. Hes not Trump.

I don't know how anyone could classify Totem Golem as bad.

I mean, we're talking about a class that has to rely on Haunted Creeper as their main 2 drop.

Covered it plenty of times. It has overload and the classes it plays against will kill it anyway. Not having a strong turn 3/4 is not worth it.

You are better off with an inspire minion + hero power.

Nothing is going to kill armour up warrior anyway.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/staff/monk/PowerRank/July2015_2/Kno_Tempo_Mage.png

You can cut out the high end legendaries actually. The ladder is so fast now that Rag is usually a dead draw. You can use Boom, still.

I climbed to 5 with this but replaced Rag with Pyroblast, it won pretty much all of my games in rank 6-7, those handlocks don't see it coming and it was full of handlocks that day. The games will be close and you're going to lose board if it goes late, Rag's RNG isn't very useful to me then.

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/279481-now-streaming-krups-legend-tempo-mage

It's not easy to play it and I felt I was extremely lucky and climbed with win streaks pretty much all the way. I suggest not to play mage if you want it easy but it's definitely doable to reach to legend with this even. You gotta go full SMorc after turn 7 or so. Rank 15 though it's nothing, you climb to 10 with this in no time. Your fireballs are meant to go face, be careful how you use them.

Play face paladin, it's the best deck, it's almost no dust. Firebat is playing it to legend on his f2p account on Asia.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Yes I know that, pretty sure coach was one of the few who predicted boom to be a good card. Hes not Trump.

Want to take a bet on this one?

The terms will be that at least one card not on his list ends up in a deck that's rated Tier 2 or higher on the TempoStorm Meta Analysis for at least three weeks.

Covered it plenty of times. It has overload and the classes it plays against will kill it anyway. Not having a strong turn 3/4 is not worth it.

You are better off with an inspire minion + hero power.

Nothing is going to kill armour up warrior anyway.

Going to disagree there. There are only two things below 3 mana that can one for one it right now which are Flame Cannon and Shielded Minibot. Aside from those, it's going to take more mana and/or multiple cards/hero powers to deal with it. That's hardly something to just write off for a 2 mana minion even considering the overload.

Not to mention, turn 3 has historically been one of Shaman's weakest turns. Yeah, there's Tuskarr Totemic now but it doesn't completely write off what Totem Golem brings in board control to a class that has pretty much always struggled at controlling the board and pace of the game early.

I don't think there is a 1/2 mana inspire minion that brings what Totem Golem does to Shaman in terms of contesting and controlling the board on turn 2.

Beneath the grounds is a card I am interested in running, but I'm not quite sure how I want to work it into my rogue decks since it seems like it could be fairly slow to get value, although the potential value is really high.

I can imagine this card is great against combo decks which tend to cycle a lot. Patron warrior draws 4-5 cards? Well, there is a high chance that 1-2 of those cards gives the rogue some minions.

The obvious deck people think of with the card is mill. I personally still have little interest in running a rogue mill deck.

Also, I can't wait to see a rogue cast this twice and then the very next turn, ambush, draw card, ambush, draw card, ambush, draw card, ambush.... will be a great highlight reel.

caesar

Banned
Want to take a bet on this one?

The terms will be that at least one card not on his list ends up in a deck that's rated Tier 2 or higher on the TempoStorm Meta Analysis for at least three weeks.

Tbh I was quite shocked myself at first, but then when he went over the fundamentals of his system and empirical vs analytical players and he kind of won me over. Depends on the terms I guess, although id be surprised if he was 100% right.

Dahbomb

It isn't a 2 mana minion.

Have we confirmed how ambush works yet?
Works like Iron Juggernaut.

They get a card called Ambush when they draw it and on draw it summons you a creature and the opponent draws another card. It doesn't replace the draw for the turn.

Here is a stompy aggro rogue deck, built somewhat on a deck I had some success with post naxxramas.

stompyrogue.png

Would probably cut anubar ambusher for shredder, but damn I loved that card in this type of deck back in naxx. Turn 4 ambusher into turn 5 loatheb... man. People really don't want to let you use loatheb twice.
cheeky.gif

Magnus

Just play your bigger minions. Medivh can't deal with it half the time.

5 out of 5 games I was getting killed before I could even drop them. Losing 75% of my jousts, was awful. Really terrible RNG.

Nailed it this last round though and won 27-0.

Also, lol at all these awesome Brawl packs people are opening up. I got my usual, a Rare and four commons.

Then you would run what card instead?

Hunter, warrior, paladin, druid, rogue, priest, warlock or mage.

I also don't see why you'd want this in a Mill deck unless you focus on not burning the opponent's cards or something. Doesn't seem worth it.

As long as you don't burn all three it is still worth it. Even then hou'll burn the next card too and are pretty happy to mill three cards.

Why is Gadgetan Jouster in there?

The hope is that it is 2/3 often enough to justify it being there. And since 5 stats on a 1 drop is greater than most 1 drop stats...

This deck works best when it gets some board initiative early. But rogue can also use some cheap drops to get combos off, so using this on turn 3/4 to activate si7agent or that 2 mana version is decent as well.

Excluding the jouster you play, the deck is 7 minions of 3 or less and 10 minions of 4 or higher. So I think there is the potential for the card being worthy of including, but we'll see.

I haven't ran the list since naxx and rogue has gotten a lot more toys since then so nothing is set in stone of course. Still unclear on more than a few cards in that list being worthy of being ran in that list as well tbh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well there you go, thanks.

For lazy people;

I also don't see why you'd want this in a Mill deck unless you focus on not burning the opponent's cards or something. Doesn't seem worth it.

I highly doubt they would've implemented this to not account for milling. It probably prioritizes going to the board over getting destroyed, like Varian.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Inspire is actually quite powerful. Nexus Champ Saraad and the Kvaldir Raider can snowball super hard.

The problem is that the hunter deck is super slow and has crap for removal. Trying to evaluate Inspire as a whole based on this tavern brawl is really bad because the hunter deck is just so awful.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I think I played around 20 matches of the brawl, and some more with a friend.

Yeah, the balance isn't great, though I think it's fun either way(like like the rag vs. nef where it was just annoying) Even if you lose, Lock N Load is just a fun card to see what happens.

Can't really tell how any of these cards will really work, but that 3/2 with the +1 health per inspire was waaaay more annoying than I expected here. The squire also grew to a 5/2 on a few different occasions but that's definitely more on the hunter deck being slow as fuck.

I highly doubt they would've implemented this to not account for milling. It probably prioritizes going to the board over getting destroyed, like Varian.
Doesn't Burring Mine burn if you have ten cards and draw it though? Thought I saw that once but I suppose it could of been changed. I don't mess with Iron J too much to know. Overall though, I think the card Beneath the Grounds is awesome. We need more cards to make a nerubian Rogue deck. Already have three already now, with the Traitor King himself.

On a completely different side note, I just realized another thing, which really just shows how much a of a nerd I am, but King's Defender isn't what it says it is.
Here's the card.

And here are two look a like swords;
The one on the left is the actual King's Defender while the one on the right is actually called Spiteblade. While I realize it doesn't fit the theme of the card, seems like a funny kind of oversight.

Dahbomb

Doesn't Burring Mine burn if you have ten cards and draw it though? Thought I saw that once but I suppose it could of been changed. I don't mess with Iron J too much to know. Overall though, I think the card Beneath the Grounds is awesome. We need more cards to make a nerubian Rogue deck. Already have three already now, with the Traitor King himself.

On a completely different side note, I just realized another thing, which really just shows how much a of a nerd I am, but King's Defender isn't what it says it is.
Here's the card.

And here are two look a like swords;

The one on the left is the actual King's Defender while the one on the right is actually called Spiteblade. While I realize it doesn't fit the theme of the card, seems like a funny kind of oversight.
You should tweet Ben Brode this.

For a comparison to GvG, here are the cards introduced in GvG that see some competitive/high level play in Hearthstone:

Malganis
Dr Balanced
Lightbomb
Piloted Sky Golem
Shield Maiden
Toshley
Antique Healbot
Fel Reaver
Quartermaster
Voljin
Echo of Medivh
Implosion
Tinker's Sharp Oil
Goblin Blastmage
Kezan Mystic
Mechanical Yeti
Piloted Shredder
Coghammer
Power Mace
Muster for Battle
Velen's Chosen
Spider Tank
Tinkertown Technician
Glaivezooka
Crackle
Darkbomb
Flamecannon
Unstable Portal
Annoyotron
Explosive Sheep
Mech Warper
Shielded Minibot
Shrinkmeister
Snowchugger
Whirling Zapomatic
Light of the Naaru
Clockwork Gnome
Cogmaster

That's a lot of cards when you think about it (almost 40 with a couple more you can argue for being included on that list). I don't think TGT will have that many but I hope it comes close. That would definitely shake up a lot of things.

Stoze

Just Pyroblasted a Mage at 10 as a Hunter in brawl. Feels good man.

As far as the new set goes...I'm really not a fan so far. Jousting isn't a fun mechanic, and the inspire cards seem too costly or too slow. We'll see how things shake up in the meta in a few weeks though.

Dahbomb

I am going to go out on a limb and say that these cards would see some play in high level Hearthstone play from TGT. I am probably going to be very wrong but I don't care.

Varian Wrynn
Aviana
Rhonin
Chillmaw
Eadric the Pure
Justicar Trueheart
Mysterious Challenger
Tuskarr Jouster
Gormok the Impaler
Holy Champion
Savage Combatant
Twilight Guardian
Effigy
Elemental Destruction
Healing Wave
Mulch
Polymorph: Boar
Powershot
Seal of Champions
Dreadscale
Eydis Darkbane
Fjola Lightbane
Tuskarr Totemic
Ancestral Knowledge
Darnassus Aspirant
King's Elekk
Totem Golem
Competitive Spirit
Flash Heal
Living Roots
Buccaneer
Gadgetan Jouster

There could be more than these cards of course (like a Confuse based deck... AAAYYY!!) but I feel like these cards are either very strong on their own, fit a very specfic deck very well or fill a very crucial gap in a class toolkit (like card draw in Shaman) and thus will see some play.

So I am guessing about 30 cards will see some high level play compared to around 40 from GvG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom