• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Fuck Ram Wrangler. Let's hope that card stays in Brawl tier forever.

Chat not working for me :(
Do you have a pending invitation message in the chat box?

Post your twitch name I will send the invite again.

Opiate

The Hunter deck does feel really dependent on getting good L&L draws, but the biggest misconception I had about the Brawl going in was that the Hunter would be the more aggressive deck. The Mage's early game stacks up really nicely against the Hunter - the Mage has 1-drops and the Mage's 2-drops generally need to be answered immediately (except for Garrison Commander). Hunter's got King's Elekk and Secrets and not much else, and Huffer or Leoc from Animal Companion can end up doing almost nothing. The Mage shouldn't be worrying too much about hitting Inspire effects early on unless the hero power is independently valuable, as when a Fallen Hero is on the board (this card is ridiculous here). The Mage lacks reach, though, and can eventually run out of steam if the Hunter can answer its mid-game. If you don't draw your Frost Giants or Rhonin you're left trying to ping them down or maybe getting that last bit of damage with Polymorph Boar.

The Hunter has a really hard time early game, like I said, but tends to win if you can stretch things out. Generally you want to trade instead of going face, except perhaps with the 5/3 charger. Snipe and Bear Trap are good early game secrets, but because you're not playing for tempo and because Mages run out of cards you really want Freezing Trap to go off on something big. Use Unleash pretty aggressively to keep the Mage from being able to establish a board, since Mage basically wins with unanswered mid-game Inspire minions (letting the Mage sit back and use hero power in the mid-game is especially bad for you because it means that their Frost Giants will be dirt cheap later).

I'm definitely playing the hunter deck more controll-y, but I keep getting outcontrolled by the mage anyway. He'll establish board control early and then I have no way to get that board back.

I've played the mage more aggressively, but other hunters (i.e. not me) seem capable of rushing me down far better than I am capable of.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Fuck Ram Wrangler. Let's hope that card stays in Brawl tier forever.

Do you have a pending invitation message in the chat box?

Post your twitch name I will send the invite again.

Im in the Hearthstone GAF chat and the only message i see is :
CoolOfff: this game really doesn't interest me. who are in liquid again?

Oh wait, it's updating now. :3

Boo! I now get: "Hearthstone GAF
Currently unavailable, please try again later."

Rapstah

I'm part of some kind of GAF chat on Twitch but I don't think it's the right one. I'm Rapstah there too if someone could invite me.

inky

Spellslinger gives me Fan of Knives with Acidmaw on hand. Opponent drops entire hand including 2 giants.

*Thank you*

Dahbomb

I didn't make a new one, it was the same as the previous one that Xanathus created.

Don't know what's happening here, I could've sworn I invited quite a few of you guys before.

Anyway sent you guys the invite again.

I didn't make a new one, it was the same as the previous one that Xanathus created.

Don't know what's happening here, I could've sworn I invited quite a few of you guys before.

Anyway sent you guys the invite again.

Just a question is it called Hearthstone GAF? The one we used for TGT stream?

Haunted

After that the dude went on a tirade about how he doesn't play Patron decks because of integrity or whatever.
cant-see.jpg

scrubs being scrubs making up their own scrub rules

Opiate

I was just crushed by mage late game twice in brawl. I managed to make it to late game with a reasonably close board 2x in a row, but he pulled out a coldarra drake and rhonin which I had no plausible answer to. I'm losing whether I play aggressive or controlly, here.

This really isn't clicking for me somehow. I can't find a winning strategy.

Haunted

I haven't won as a Hunter yet, I've lost only one game as a Mage.

I know others have had different experiences, but I honestly think that Mage just crushes Hunter here with much superior early game and midrange tempo. The inspire deck seems much more reliable and constant than the Joust deck.

Haunted

Giving dahbomb the benefit of the doubt here, it probably has something to do with people using different browsers? (Chrome, W7 here)

I haven't won as a Hunter yet, I've lost only one game as a Mage.

I know others have had different experiences, but I honestly think that Mage just crushes Hunter here with much superior early game and midrange tempo. The inspire deck seems much more reliable and constant than the Joust deck.

The only reason the Inspire deck is more reliable is because the Hunter deck doesn't have shit to contest the board with. If you had a real deck go up against that exact same Mage deck, they wouldn't be able to keep a board full of Fallen Heroes and Garrison Commanders. I was able to beat the Hunter in the one game that I played because I had two Fallen Heroes up for at least 3 turns. He won every single one of his jousts, but it just didn't matter because I had removal (Polymorph: Boar and Flame Lance) and a 3 damage hero power. Dude just conceded when I played Maiden of the Lake, hit him with hero power twice and dropped 2 2 mana Frost Giants.

Opiate

You actually have to make trades with Tavern Hunter, so no one knows how to win.

The issue is I'm getting outtraded. He gets a Fallen Hero on board and I can't remove it; I finally get a Jorumungar or larger minion on board and he either polymorph boars it or flamelances it. I'm consciously playing the hunter as a control deck and I still can't win.

When I'm playing mage, however, the hunters I'm up against seem to have tons of low cost removal and lots of board pressure. Maybe I'm doing poor mulligans, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom