• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why are those people even making it a big deal then? I mean, why would you assume that you're getting free packs?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh... I forgot about that. So we got one free GvG pack and people are raging over the fact that we won't get one free TGT pack...

lol

Dahbomb

Oh... I forgot about that. So we got one free GvG pack and people are raging over the fact that we won't get one free TGT pack...

lol
w8uXHnB.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This is why devs are reluctant to do things. When you do a thing, people expect you to do it forever.

Forkball

Think about it though! If a million people are given a free pack, Blizzard loses 1.5 million dollars!
The gold is secretly bitcoins.

Just do the daily on Saturday and Sunday and you're guaranteed enough gold to get a pack on Monday. You might even get Skeleton Knight and Ball of Spiders in the same pack!

Yoshichan

30k dust, ready to use!

squidyj

The gold is secretly bitcoins.

Just do the daily on Saturday and Sunday and you're guaranteed enough gold to get a pack on Monday. You might even get Skeleton Knight and Ball of Spiders in the same pack!

one pack worth > 420 dust is actually pretty nice. you could craft yourself a poisoned blade!

I will say it's kind of shitty that they're limiting the ways to get guaranteed TGT packs :(
I would love to run Shaman in Arena for TGT packs but there's no guarantee :(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Finished my first 12 win arena run earlier. It was with mage, but i didn't have flamestrike(s) fwiw.

Yeah. I think the key to a 12 win arena isn't a deck full of extremely good cards, but a deck that doesn't have any terrible cards.

And no amount of good drafting will fix bad play or bad draws.

Amaz thinks Grand Crusader is a top 5 neutral card in TGT.

wut

Alot of his opinions on some were questionable.
He literally only considered the good stuff to come out of GC.
I'm not sure about how many bad draws there are, but I think theres more bad than good (so many secrets ugh)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, a lot of secrets are pretty good if you got them "For Free", the reason they are bad is they eat up a card draw. Honestly skimming the card list, nothing really strikes me as being a dead card (Outside Quatermaster, which is super bad if you aren't a Paladin), some of the shittier cards are Holy Wrath or Cobalt Guardian, which aren't to crappy. The big issue is a 5/5 on for 6 is a bit weak, though I guess the 6 cost slot isn't very contested at the moment.

Looking at the list of Paladin cards, there are way more good outcomes than bad, but it's still RNG dependent. But the Grand Crusader's biggest problem is that Sylvanas, Emperor, and Sky Golem all occupy the same slot. I don't see him beating out any of those three for a spot in pretty much any deck.

Well, a lot of secrets are pretty good if you got them "For Free", the reason they are bad is they eat up a card draw. Honestly skimming the card list, nothing really strikes me as being a dead card (Outside Quatermaster, which is super bad if you aren't a Paladin), some of the shittier cards are Holy Wrath or Cobalt Guardian, which aren't to crappy. The big issue is a 5/5 on for 6 is a bit weak, though I guess the 6 cost slot isn't very contested at the moment.

The new Warhorse Trainer is pretty bad for anything that isn't a Paladin as well. Dragon Consort is kinda iffy if you're not running dragons, although 5/5 for 5 isn't terrible. Depending on the deck you're running, Sword of Justice and Competitive Spirit could go either way. But Equality, Aldor, Tirion, Lay on Hands, Muster, Minibot, Truesilver, Blessing of Kings, Consecration, Divine Favor, and Solemn Vigil will be pretty great just about anywhere.

Dahbomb

Grand Crusader's problem is that cards like Azure Drake exist. They draw from your deck which are likely to have tools that you would actually need and want as you generally make a deck of 30 top tier cards.

Even if on average Grand Crusader gives you a "good" card, a draw from an Azure Drake is likely to be better.

Also nowadays almost every class has a good 6 drop minion in their class toolkit. Priests have Temple Enforcers/Cabal Shadow Priest, Shamans have Fire Elementals, Paladins have that new Mysterious Challenger, Mages have Coldarra Drake, Warlocks have Dread Infernals, Warriors have Shield Maiden, Hunters have Savannah Highmane etc . Some of these cards are genuinely good and don't get run because they aren't good enough to compete with the top tier stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looking at the list of Paladin cards, there are way more good outcomes than bad, but it's still RNG dependent. But the Grand Crusader's biggest problem is that Sylvanas, Emperor, and Sky Golem all occupy the same slot. I don't see him beating out any of those three for a spot in pretty much any deck.

He has the advantage over Sylvanas and Emperor that he is a more consistent draw since you can have 2 of them, but you have 45 outcomes of the battle cry. He has no home in a Paladin Deck though. Maybe you could leverage the fact that the majority of Paladin cards are spells and use it in some weird Mage or Priest Deck.

I'm just trying to think what decks you'd run it in over the current premiere 6 drops and I'm just not coming up with anything.

It seems fine if stuff like Sylvanas and Piloted Sky Golem are absent from your collection but outside of that I'm not so sure.

Dahbomb

I'm just trying to think what decks you'd run it in over the current premiere 6 drops and I'm just not coming up with anything.

It seems fine if stuff like Sylvanas and Piloted Sky Golem are absent from your collection but outside of that I'm not so sure.
Probably some fun grinder style deck where you make a deck full of cards that generate cards from the ether like Burgle/ThoughstealYsera/Nefarian and you win because you simply have more cards than your opponent.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, for Piloted Sky Golem, its easier to remove and has even more randomness, but it does offer good tempo. Grand Crusader would be better in a more control oriented deck.

So yeah, I predict if the card sees play it will be in a Priest deck. I don't think people are going to run it though, I don't even see many people running Sky Golem anymore.

Dahbomb

This is a game where this card doesn't see much play anymore:

184px-Cairne_Bloodhoof%28498%29.png

There are quite a few strong 6 drops in the game but it's a tough slot to fill in because many decks generally want to win before it and even if you don't you can't have too many minions in that slot. Cards like Sylvanas and Thaurissan are just insanely powerful and that's 2 6 drops right there... having more 6 drops just makes it harder on the deck.

Dahbomb

Cairne Bloodhoof is a prime example of why you can't just evaluate cards based on pure raw stats like what Tempostorm was attempting to do in their card evaluation (and still not properly adhering to it).

Based on raw stats Cairne is absolutely insane. It's like a Shredder that spawns itself! You get roughly 8 mana worth of stats for 6 mana! It's the Shredder before there was a Shredder! OMG the value!

Amaz is out of his mind, Grand Crusader isn't seeing any constructed play

Is Kripp climbing to Legend? Will this be the month?

He wanted to get at least to 5 for the golden epic, probably just seeing how it goes now. He's said the reward difference from 5 to legend isn't worth it

Duster

Two Packs. One arena run. 600-700 dust. I think I may be a little behind some of you.

I'm still deciding on what to craft but (depending on what I get in the packs and arena run) I'm thinking Polymorth: Boar (maybe two of them), Coldarra Drake and Maiden of the Lake.

johnsmith

remember me
Why is the matchmaking so shit in this game? Nothing worse than getting matched up immediately against the same exact person with a counter deck. Can they really not let the spinner keep spinning an extra 5 seconds to match me up with someone else?

Danj

I guess I should save all my gold for buying TGT packs when they come out Monday then eh? I only seem to be getting dupes with classic packs now anyway.

Maximo

I guess I should save all my gold for buying TGT packs when they come out Monday then eh? I only seem to be getting dupes with classic packs now anyway.

Believe someone did the math and yeah TGT Packs are worth more overall when they come out, unless of course your insane at Arena and can make more gold then lost.

Danj

Believe someone did the math and yeah TGT Packs are worth more overall when they come out, unless of course your insane at Arena and can make more gold then lost.

Lol no I suck at arena.

I didn't realise there was actual math, I just assumed that since it'll be impossible for me to get dupes with my first TGT pack and unlikely with subsequent packs that it made more sense than Classic where 4 out of 5 cards seem to be dupes these days.

Maximo

Lol no I suck at arena.

I didn't realise there was actual math, I just assumed that since it'll be impossible for me to get dupes with my first TGT pack and unlikely with subsequent packs that it made more sense than Classic where 4 out of 5 cards seem to be dupes these days.
Yeah TGT packs are worth more dust since your often getting dupes with classics, same number and chance of getting things like epics rates and legendarys as well. Better off saving some gold for TGT packs.
And don't worry I get to Rank 5-1 often but for some reason Arena destroys me, bad luck or my brain just won't work >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom