• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
jIBq8gm.jpg

Golden hero number 5.

4 more to go.

Danj

And don't worry I get to Rank 5-1 often but for some reason Arena destroys me, bad luck or my brain just won't work >.<

I can't get past Rank 15 (and currently am struggling at Rank 18).

Now that there's more incentive to have a higher rank at the end of the season (rank chest) can anyone tell me how I can improve on this deck? I don't have Sylvanas or Antonidas.

Pooya

I can't get past Rank 15 (and currently am struggling at Rank 18).

Now that there's more incentive to have a higher rank at the end of the season (rank chest) can anyone tell me how I can improve on this deck? I don't have Sylvanas or Antonidas.

While there are ways to improve this deck, you shouldn't have a problem climbing rank 15-18 with that. 3 star ranks are just too easy to climb up with win streak. To what kind of decks you mostly lose?

Cut a secret, one mirror entity is enough. Tempo mage style of decks are very draw dependent, you don't want more possible anti tempo cards in your hands. The secret is only good tempo when mad scientist plays it. ME doesn't bring much value these days as it's a first thing any one expects. You need to make room for arcane missiles instead. I personally prefer water elemental to shredders these days, it's hard to kill and destroys weapon classes. You need arcane intellect, dragons are not enough.

I suspect in a lot of games you bring the opponent to like 10 or so life but lose the game cause you can't finish. Well you don't have a finisher. Since legendary cards are out here, maybe you can add a pyro?

Overall if you ask me, any mage deck is garbage for laddering right now. You need a consistent deck, with great drawing engine or curve that no matter what you get things you can play for significant board impact. I climbed with tempo mage to 5 on EU and it was all luck in those last games, winning by one health, stupidly good top decks and things like that and I even had iceblock to last one more turn.

Mech Mage I feel is better right now, tempo mage is way too inconsistent and wastes your time by ruining winstreaks.

For laddering in general, you must have some card knowledge too, like what every class can kill you with, what is their possible next move, what exactly they are setting up here, or guessing what is in their hand, what they are keeping, what they are top decking. I feel if you want to be more successful in ladder you must try all the other classes too. I noticed you just play mage? that's quite limiting.

If you can't do that, watching streams really helps improving your game knowledge and your plays. Watch StrifeCro or Kibler, these two explain their moves and thought process really clearly and both are really fun to watch, K. See what they do and what you would have done instead, doesn't matter if their decks are different, the rules of trading, tempo and game knowledge applies to any deck and they face deck similar to yours and you see other players of high skill playing against them, see how they open, how they trade, when they hero power. all of that.

Danj

Overall if you ask me, any mage deck is garbage for laddering right now.

Okay, so what class do you suggest?

I noticed you just play mage? that's quite limiting.

Not at all. Mage is my main class but I do have all the other classes unlocked and I use them when the dailies require it. I'm happy to try using a different class if that's what's needed right now but I feel like Mage is my best class.

ViviOggi

For laddering in general, you must have some card knowledge too, like what every class can kill you with, what is their possible next move, what exactly they are setting up here, or guessing what is in their hand, what they are keeping, what they are top decking. I feel if you want to be more successful in ladder you must try all the other classes too. I noticed you just play mage? that's quite limiting.
Yes I was going to say this. With a limited collection you can't play everything yourself but just watching some streamers you like play a variety of decks helps a lot already. You need to know how other classes work in constructed, be able to predict their next moves and interpret the information they give you. You simply don't acquire those skills by tunneling on Mage day in day out.

Also Danj: take your time before committing to a play. When I spectated you you kept thoughtlessly burning removal when you had the opportunity to trade with massive value, Fireball a minion when you had obvious lethal, giving away tempo by drawing when you had tons of options in hand or playing off-curve for no reason. To be fair that was a while ago but since you're still stuck in the same rank range I assume you haven't changed much in that regard.
It's really the most simple thing in the world.

Pooya

Okay, so what class do you suggest?

Not at all. Mage is my main class but I do have all the other classes unlocked and I use them when the dailies require it. I'm happy to try using a different class if that's what's needed right now but I feel like Mage is my best class.

My preference right now is aggro paladin, but it doesn't matter you should still be able to climb with anything really from those ranks. Unlocking other classes isn't nearly enough, you have to understand their strategy and what people currently play, the meta. I think you shouldn't think too much on your collection or deck right now and focus instead on watching streams and improve your plays and prediction skills, you will climb in no time then.

KuroNeeko

Just busted open some packs and got Bolvar and Nozdormu.

I'm sitting on about 1000 dust and have been waiting forever to craft Sylvanas or Ysera. If I dust both...

First, are either used? If Bolvar is useful, I may save him for when Paladin gets their alternate hero (who better be better than Uther.)

Second, what do you think - Sylvanas or Ysera? I'm primarily a priest, rogue, shaman, with a bit of druid, player. I don't have Boom and don't want him. I tend to play control. As a former WoW player, I like both characters.

OR, I'll just dust Noz and make another Prep while saving for SylvSeras...

WHAT DO I DOOOOooooo?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They're both trash

Craft Sylvanas. She's still "in" the meta, compared to Ysera

Pooya

Definitely dust them both. Sylvanas goes into pretty much any control or mid range deck.
Ysera though, I don't see it much these days, even if it's in the deck it generally makes little sense to play it as the games tend to be faster. I feel from big dragons, Alex is the most valuable right now. If you want to play CW, you need that more than Ysera.

Forkball

Why aren't there more custom heroes? They already have so many voice clips for the Naxx and BM bosses, why not sell them as portraits with a custom card back? The hero power won't carry over, but I think people would still be interested.

KuroNeeko

Definitely dust them both. Sylvanas goes into pretty much any control or mid range deck.
Ysera though, I don't see it much these days, even if it's in the deck it generally makes little sense to play it as the games tend to be faster. I feel from big dragons, Alex is the most valuable right now. If you want to play CW, you need that more than Ysera.

I have Alex! One of my six pack legendaries (Mukla, Jarax, Noz, Bolvar, and Baron being the others.) Not really into CW as I don't like the heroes....

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Why aren't there more custom heroes? They already have so many voice clips for the Naxx and BM bosses, why not sell them as portraits with a custom card back? The hero power won't carry over, but I think people would still be interested.

We will probably start seeing more again once TGT hype dies down. Right now they want people to spend money on packs.

KuroNeeko

Or maybe Confessor Paletress or Rags or A'Noob! Or maybe just get another Prep and Ancient of Lore... The choices...THE CHOICES! Maybe two Twilight Guardians for Dragon Priest?

GOLD IRON SENSEI!

> Grats, MTHanded!

Strider

Am I alone in being most excited for Priest in TGT? Been playing a Dragon Combo deck all month... Twilight guardian and Wyrmrest agent are instantly going in the deck. Plus they have some other cards that'll be fun to play around with...

I just run the fun decks considering you can hit 5 with pretty much anything and I don't care to attempt the grind to legend. Fuck net decking from a tier list.

Santiako

I think Twilight Guardian is going to push dragon priest/mage/warrior to great heights. That card is exactly what dragon decks needed.

KuroNeeko

Am I alone in being most excited for Priest in TGT? Been playing a Dragon Combo deck all month... Twilight guardian and Wyrmrest agent are instantly going in the deck. Plus they have some other cards that'll be fun to play around with...

I just run the fun decks considering you can hit 5 with pretty much anything and I don't care to attempt the grind to legend. Fuck net decking from a tier list.

No way! Flash Heal and Convert look AWESOME! I want to use the Confessor as well!

Santiako

I play mostly tempo mage, and sometimes mech mage.

I'm going to try with dragon mage or warrior when tgt releases and I get the cards I need.

Haunted

I don't even have a Paladin deck currently.

Scumter
Zoolock
Flamewaker Mage
Control Warrior

I've been phasing out decks in anticipation for TGT and will delete the rest of them on Monday.

Haines

Banned
I think I'm going to gun for legend with no real eta of arrival.

Decided to play for the ranked chest and easily hit rank 4 so I'm pretty sure I can do it.

Love demonlock and currently playing amnesias list with doomguard etc

CoolOff

There is no deck, nothing, that I hate more than Zoo. Not Face Hunter, not Freeze Mage, not Eboladin, not Patron, nothing.

Anyone playing it should just die in a fire.
Emoticon_sick.gif

I think it's compounded by the fact that I have golden Mage and Warrior, and the two decent counters in Patron and Freeze are therefore in classes I'm not interested in playing at the moment. Is there even a Shaman-deck with 60+ against Zoo?

Pooya

Patron wrecks zoo, zero chance of winning. Turn 5 patron, inner rage, death's bite, GG. It's like one of the very few decks with no aoe. Their only swing, Implosion, doesn't do anything against patron.

Patron wrecks zoo, zero chance of winning. Turn 5 patron, inner rage, death's bite, GG. It's like one of the very few decks with no aoe. Their only swing, Implosion, doesn't do anything against patron.

Yeah, love that there is a deck that hard counters the zoo. Unfortunately my problem with patron is that it also does pretty damn good vs almost all the other decks out there.

Haines

Banned
If by demonlock you mean Zoo with Malganis and Voidcaller, I'm pretty sure I classify that as Zoo and dislike you as well. D:

No. That's just demon zoo. I mean demon handlock. Basically handlock with voids malganis doomguard jarraxus emperor etc

johnsmith

remember me
There is no deck, nothing, that I hate more than Zoo. Not Face Hunter, not Freeze Mage, not Eboladin, not Patron, nothing.

Anyone playing it should just die in a fire.
Emoticon_sick.gif

I think it's compounded by the fact that I have golden Mage and Warrior, and the two decent counters in Patron and Freeze are therefore in classes I'm not interested in playing at the moment. Is there even a Shaman-deck with 60+ against Zoo?
Yeah I've been pretty salty about the new zoo. It's wrecking my mech Mage. Even if I keep up with them they eventually pull ahead because they of the card draw. But most of the time it's just a pain dealing with implosion, 2x doom guards, boom, and malganis, and if they play sea giants, ugh.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Rank 7 at the moment and fighting the urge to sellout and go super aggro to climb, id hate myself but I want the best rewards I can get.

Good lord these rewards are making ranked horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom