• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashlen

50 packs or so. I broke 5k in gold, but I haven't decided if I want to burn it all on packs or save a little for an arena run or something. I'll probably do 50 and see where I end up.

I've got around 5k gold and 5k dust. I'm gonna open pack like 10 at a time and see what I get and go from there. Once the meta forms and there's a better idea of what's good I can craft what I need for the decks I want to play.

I'm not super excited about that many of the cards so I might end up saving gold for the next adventure.

Finished my first 12 win arena run earlier. It was with mage, but i didn't have flamestrike(s) fwiw.

32ePCwg.jpg

I'll have around 60 packs at first, it'll depend how much I get from those. I just really want Darkbane for now. I do have 1100 dust so I should be good.

blackflag

Normally i play arena for packs but that's not an option so I stopped playing arena as soon as the change was announced. Saved up all my gold so I'll get around 100. 50 from preorder

Pooya

Got 5 brawl wins quest, that took a while. and I won every single game.

The hunter deck is more manageable to play now that I know what's in it actually, with some animal companion opening and snipe, you can win.

But the mage deck, it's way more fun to play. I did some good play I impressed my self there. He got snake trap from LnL that I never triggered. attacked his face, bear trap, the blizzard the whole thing, one mana hero power to the bear, and then bam Frost Giant for free and I was at 0 mana. Inspire is quite fun.

I feel frost giant is very very good, better than mountain giant even, you use your hero power in average game more than you think, I'm going to count next time! I think you can replace one mountain with one of these in handlock. Hell, some Varian warrior deck could play these, you either play them or Varian plays them. Mage can play these too, they should end up costing like 4 or 5, if it's in your hand it's going to be great play.

Keep getting to rank 1 4/5 stars then get a flood of patrons every time. The fuck man Blizzard help a brother out. Let me get in then give me the shitty match ups.

I wish I had the patience to push for high ranks.

I usually get up to 10 just doing quests. Then I get bored or lose a few times and take a break.

Normally I play mostly arena and now brawl.

Celegus

I wish I had the patience to push for high ranks.

I usually get up to 10 just doing quests. Then I get bored or lose a few times and take a break.

Normally I play mostly arena and now brawl.

Even trying for rank 10 is trying my patience. It sure takes a long time.

Portugeezer

Some guy was talking shit thinking I used a bot, he was going to report me blah blah (the usual butthurt), which is weird because I am not even that good, I scraped a lethal 17 points at the end with a bit of luck from a summoned beast. There is always some dicks who can't take the loss. Level 19 is serious business.

However, just to make sure these are not correlated, I then beat another guy and just as I won I got a message saying: "game complete and recorded, restart hearthstone to continue"? Did the guy rage quit or is it my connection?

Fireblend

Banned
Man, buying the preorder is tempting, but it'd more than double the amount of money I've spent on the game and it doesn't seem like TGT is going to be super game changing anyway... I'd rather buy 50 classic packs for that price...

I might save up 300g or so I can buy 3 packs and be happy with having a couple of inspire minions I'm never going to use anyway :p

Owzers

Man, buying the preorder is tempting, but it'd more than double the amount of money I've spent on the game and it doesn't seem like TGT is going to be super game changing anyway... I'd rather buy 50 classic packs for that price...

I might save up 300g or so I can buy 3 packs and be happy with having a couple of inspire minions I'm never going to use anyway :p

yeah..i'm not opposed to buying 50 packs for 50 since i haven't spent much so far ( Naxx) but TGT doesn't seem like it's going to help me at all.

Crazyorloco

Well I preordered TGT. I have officially spent more money on this phone game than any other cell phone game. Ever.

P.S. I'll be opening 10 packs on Monday.

Dahbomb

How the eff do you guys have so much gold? No one buys packs or arena runs?
Been saving up that gold ever since the announcement was made. Not a single gold spent since then.

I do this for very expansion so my actual real money spent on the game is pretty low.

BashNasty

Give or take some hours for when the servers are laggy as all hell.

Most likely, waiting with baited breath seems like a recipe for disappointment.

Myself, I'll be opening about 65 packs come Monday, 50 for the preorder and 15 with the gold I've saved up since TGT was announced. Better yet, I'll be at a cabin with four friends who also love hearthstone. All told, we'll be opening about 300 packs together while looking out across a beautiful Minnesota lake.

And, yes, we have come up with a drinking game for the occasion.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I have zero patience. I need Hearthstone packs dripped in through an IV. I float only enough gold to pay for an arena run, lol.

Werd

Right now I'm at 2,600 gold 9,400 dust and $50 Amazon coins waiting to buy the preorder (I guess it's time to just do it) + however many extra packs that gets me. I'll save a little gold for an arena cushion and spend the rest on packs.

I've mostly only re-rolled for easy quests/classes I want to play lately rather than trying to maximize, though I haven't let one expire in ages. I miss the days of the infinite re-roll bug where you could stack 60G Win 5 with X and a 100G win 7.

Varian is really the only legendary I'm sure to craft, though I'll probably be pretty liberal crafting whatever deck looks interesting. Not much reason to save anything now.

How the eff do you guys have so much gold?

If you win a couple of arenas you will have lots of gold and all the GvG cards worth owning.

So it is pretty easy at the moment to buy no packs.

Depending on what I get, I think I'll craft Justicar for the fun, OP warrior hero power and inevitable nerf.

blackflag

Lol wtf just happened.

I'm in ranked playing tempo Mage. Opponent is priest.

Plays muklkla or whatever. I take my 2 bananas and kill it. I have drake, mana Wyrm, flame walker and a hand full of spells, so then he plays cho so whatever I just kill it, next turn he plays mana millHouse so I play everything in my hand and kill him for free. He must just be bored.

Frenden

Banned
I have zero patience. I need Hearthstone packs dripped in through an IV. I float only enough gold to pay for an arena run, lol.
Same here. No self control.

I have the 50 pack preorder, zilch gold, 4000-ish dust, and a duplicate Dr. Boom that will apparently never be nerfed.

That Boom has been terrorizing my ease of disenchanting en-masse for months.

Dahbomb

I wonder if next expansion we will see a 1 mana 2/2 aka the Yeti for the 1 mana slot.

That's about what you would expect for a 1 mana minion that has no other ability/effect. Most 1 drops in the game usually are like 2/1 with an effect that is worth 1 stat (Leper Gnome, Abusive Sergeant, Worgen Infiltrator etc).

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What is this that I'm reading? We won't be able to buy TGT cards for gold on launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom