• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to User33 who guessed that the number was 16. Ill send you a PM with the code, right now.

If i win another code ill do another give away.

Thank you for participating everyone.

Can you send coins to other people after you purchase? JW cause I might send any I get back to another person to use.

edit:
Also, is that 1k kickback still active?

Doesn't seem like you can gift the Amazon coins you own. The only gifting option I can find takes you to the page to purchase them.

Also not sure about the 1000 back. As far as I'm aware it was never listed on their site in the first place. You get 500 back for sure since that's always been their promotion but I'm not sure if they're still doing the bonus for prepurchasing TGT.

ViviOggi

hearthstonescreenshotw9q8a.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Interesting idea from Reynads card review, casting power word:glory on an enemy minion to prevent it from attacking or make its attack irrelevant.

I cant imagine this will really ever see play, but who knows

Opiate

Interesting idea from Reynads card review, casting power word:glory on an enemy minion to prevent it from attacking or make its attack irrelevant.

It's not a new idea -- you can do the same thing with blessing of wisdom.

Nobody plays it anyway.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Blessing of Wisdom basically does the same thing. But in many cases Blessing of Wisdom is even stronger defensively because using Power Word Glory to heal yourself is less guaranteed value than drawing a card. Power Word Glory doesn't really do anything defensively if your opponent is trading with your minions instead.

Magnus

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthston...how_unlucky_am_i_what_to_expect_when_opening/

This is at the top of the subreddit right now. It's got some cool breakdowns, especially when it comes to what percentage of players will get a certain amount of legendaries.

"~1 in 4 will get one golden legendary (or more)."

Are the odds really that good for a golden legendary? I've opened two in probably over 300 packs over the last year...

Isn't it like a 2% chance (golden) of a 5% chance (legendary)?

Werd

I opened a golden Geddon as my 2nd legendary back in December 2013. Next one was Chow in the first brawl a year and a half later. No idea how many packs, but a lot.

ViviOggi

Are the odds really that good for a golden legendary? I've opened two in probably over 300 packs over the last year...

All I can say is that over one and a half years of opening packs my only golden legendary was Antonidas. Then I pulled Jaraxxus about two weeks ago plus Sylvanas and Blingtron this week.

So the most reasonable conclusion is that the chance is relatively low and I'm a lucky bastard.

Congratulations to User33 who guessed that the number was 16. Ill send you a PM with the code, right now.

If i win another code ill do another give away.

Thank you for participating everyone.

Okay User33 could not use the code, so im thinking of a number between 1 and 15 for MetroidPrimeRib and Sain Drevia seeing as they were both 1 number apart and first to say said number. Ill pick the winner when both have chosen a number.

Santiako

I opened a Golden Nozdormu today, so I'm probably SOL for the packs tomorrow :p

jgminto

I'm just starting out, which set should I use my gold to buy packs for? Or does it not matter this early on?

Regular and GvG both have a lot of staple cards, though you should save up for the Adventures if you don't plan on buying them with money.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Painful wait. My 50-pack started twitching though, has it always done that and I've just never spent enough time on the page?

Raika

I'm just starting out, which set should I use my gold to buy packs for? Or does it not matter this early on?
Focus on classic first. Even if you plan on staying f2p, continue buying classic packs to build up a decent collection before saving up for adventures.

If you start saving up for adventures right off the bat your collection will come to a near standstill. And speaking from experience you will not have a fun time struggling to get wins with mostly basic cards.

Ashodin

My hauls from the 40 classic packs:

Golden Onyxia
The Black Knight (dusted)
Golden Eye for an Eye
Golden Noble Sacrifice
Prophet Velen
Enough dust for Harrison Jones

It was a good day.

I haven't been following card reviews or evaluations, but I want to make a list of 10 cards that I think will prove to be stronger than probably expected. This turned out more interesting than expected. In no particular order:

1. tournament medic - will absorb 8 or more damage from aggro or it'll continually heal basically the rest of the game buying too much time.

2. gormok the impaler - Definitely not a 4 drop but something that can be held on to for the appropriate time. The pre-req seems high but the pay off is very high.

3. Refreshment vendor - Because the problem with healbot is that it fills a highly contested 5 mana slot. Unlike zombie chow, you control when the heal hits and it will exceed that heal in 2 hits as opposed to 3. Arguably 4 mana is also a pretty contested slot, but more options are better.

4. Burgle - Some argue the cards you get might be cards you don't include in a constructed set, which inherently is a bad thing. I disagree. Cards you get off burgle look the same and act the same but they are not the same as if you include them in your deck. There is still a fair bit of class cards you probably don't want, I haven't done the math, but I am expecting this to shine brighter than probably expected anyway.

5. Powershot - I haven't seen anyone talk about this mini-explosive shot. It is definitely a bit better than explosive shot just on stats alone since it does 6 max for 3 and explosive shot does 9 max for 5. But also the cheaper nature makes it better to combo with hunter's mark and with spell power you're gonna be able to knock out quite a few minions and you could look at this card almost like a 3 mana consecrate with a draw back. Consecrate is still staple in paladin.

6. Maiden of the lake - I think that if there is a card that helps inspire decks shine, it is actually this one and not garrison commander or even fencing coach. Maiden is a higher stat per mana card than fencing coach and garrison commander takes an additional 4 mana to really get value out of - way too slow imo. Maiden is like half an innervate every time you use your hero power, making it a faster card with still acceptable number of stats.

7. Shadow-pan Rider - I haven't read much regarding people's expectations of this card, but I'd imagine it is low because it simply doesn't fit into oil rogue well. Personally I think rogue can make this guy work because use of hard removal over the last year has dropped and rogue can really take advantage of high value cards due to the high tempo cards like sap or backstab.

8. Anub'arak - If control rogue becomes viable, I think this is the card that makes it shine. As for whether control rogue becomes viable, well - it was pretty popular in tournaments in early gvg. I saw it on ladder quite a bit too. I think slower cards are doable in rogue because of the faster cards. The faster card's lack of value is made up by these slower cards. I expect to see a list like - burgle, beneath the ground, sylvanas, dr. boom, rag, anub'arak for rogue. It'll still run 2x sprint 2x prep 2x sap, it'll just make room for more bombs.

9. Spellslinger - Best stats for a 3 mana minion with an upside. And a downside. But the collective upsides of this card outweigh the singular downside and for that reason I think it'll be better than expected.

10. Ancestral knowledge - Overload is a mechanic that is interesting because it is hard to evaluate. 2 now, 2 later is better than 4 now most of the time. And drawing 2 cards for 2 mana now, is pretty good I think. We'll see how bad the 2 later cost is in the decks this is ran.

Dahbomb

5. Powershot - I haven't seen anyone talk about this mini-explosive shot. It is definitely a bit better than explosive shot just on stats alone since it does 6 max for 3 and explosive shot does 9 max for 5. But also the cheaper nature makes it better to combo with hunter's mark and with spell power you're gonna be able to knock out quite a few minions and you could look at this card almost like a 3 mana consecrate with a draw back. Consecrate is still staple in paladin.
I think everyone knows that in a vacuum Powershot is a very good card... problem is that people are skeptical it will see play because it doesn't really fit into existing Hunter decks. It's a Control Hunter type card. Midrange Hunter would play this if it also hit face like Consecration but without that it's difficult to play this over UTH for them.

I am definitely a fan of this card though.

I see Refreshment Vendor as similar to Earthen Farseer. It fills the gap between Farseer and Healbot. It's definitely usable but the 4 mana slot is also fairly contested.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
2. gormok the impaler - Definitely not a 4 drop but something that can be held on to for the appropriate time. The pre-req seems high but the pay off is very high.

Gormok the Impaler might secretly be the most powerful legendary in the set. He obviously can't fit into every deck but the payoff for meeting the condition is SO HUGE relative to his cost. Put him in Zoo or put him in Token Druid and I guarantee you he'll do work.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
3. Refreshment vendor - Because the problem with healbot is that it fills a highly contested 5 mana slot. Unlike zombie chow, you control when the heal hits and it will exceed that heal in 2 hits as opposed to 3. Arguably 4 mana is also a pretty contested slot, but more options are better.
I agree with this one the most. I think it is going to become a staple of control warrior. Control warrior got its 5 drop that slows the game down (sludge). Then it got its 6 drop that slows the game down that a lot of people didn't think would be that great (shield maiden). And now it gets its 4 drop that slows the game down and is going to be just as impactful as sludge/maiden.

edit: you might say but what about senjin, it has taunt so it also blocks 5 health but that is the exact trap I ran into in GvG where I thought healbot was pointless because belcher was just better. Healing on a body protects you better against aggro/burst than taunt. Taunt is just too easy to navigate around.

Dahbomb

I think Gormok is like Reynad's top 5, at least top 10 card.

No surprise there he loves the cards that fit into aggro decks.

Opiate

Can anyone that wants friends send an invite to my girlfriend? She's painfully low on battle.net friends to talk to and spectate and duel. She's not really "hooked in" to a community like GAF.

Trandra#1220

Pooya

9. Spellslinger - Best stats for a 3 mana minion with an upside. And a downside. But the collective upsides of this card outweigh the singular downside and for that reason I think it'll be better than expected.

I got two 5 wins in brawl quests over my two accounts and lost 3 games because of spellslinger. This last one just now, my giant got mindcontrolled. Yeah, you gotta be insane to play this card. Played on curve, opponent plays the spell first. Other times it's just such RNG that it's not worth betting your deck on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom