• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

The arena change is a nerf for some and a buff for others.

If you're a newer F2P player, then random packs are probably better. If Arena only rewarded TGT packs, or only rewarded classic packs, then you would have to find alternative methods to acquiring packs because arena can only possibly fill out a single set for you.

The current solution is worse for long term players who already have most everything they need from classic/gvg.

I think the best solution would be to provide a token that allows you to buy whatever pack you want, but perhaps that's exploitable in some way.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The arena should have awarded a token for a pack. I don't understand the reasoning of giving random packs.

Atram

Are the servers gonna hold later today or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

wishful thinking

EU Servers will be like

0f47be234d15ba6e54bb1c2776d6cbac.jpg

(Every fu**** Blizz Release since Years)

Ultrabum

Last minute prediction

Refreshment vendor is gonna be in every deck if aggro still dominate ladder.

Garrison commander is be the new best 2-drop for control decks.

I'm gonna get legend tonight, ladder is so easy with midrange druid holy shit.

Deck list or riot.

I like the idea of Druid, everytime I play Druid they innervate tharisan and wreck me or wild growth into perfect curve. Everytime I play Druid I always get behind on board and die because I draw off curve every fucking game.

The arena should have awarded a token for a pack. I don't understand the reasoning of giving random packs.

Its obvious. If you only have a 1/3 chance of getting the pack you want, you have to play arena more and thereby either spend the money or waste your gold until you have to buy packs. It's anti consumer but the methodology is clear.

So the launch estimate seems to be around 1-2pm EST which generally fits the way they have done things in the past. Time to craft some decks I can reasonably craft right away without major investment.

Are the servers gonna hold later today or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

I didn't have any problems with gvg iirc. I might have been lucky and bought my packs at the right time or something though.

Santiako

Well that's a shame, I was looking forward to opening the packs at work today from my phone, would've been a good way to kill an hour.

Got my 50 packs, 2500 gold, and over 10,000 dust ready to go.

Hopefully I get most of what I need and a golden Varian out of my packs so I won't have to craft him.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Happy TGT day guys

ModBot said:
[Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

50% off Amazon Classic Card Pack Code -- MB-14E6393553F89DCC - Taken by Super Nothing. 4 entrants total.

t1440428588z1.png

Copenap

Its obvious. If you only have a 1/3 chance of getting the pack you want, you have to play arena more and thereby either spend the money or waste your gold until you have to buy packs. It's anti consumer but the methodology is clear.
This is utter nonsense. You could make a similar arguement for why it's pro consumer. The reality is it is a reasonable change that some will appreciate and some won't.

The only "best of both worlds" approach would be to let you chose but I can absolutely see why Blizz is not doing this, e.i. "keep it simple, stupid".

slayn

needs to show more effort.
I think the best solution would be to provide a token that allows you to buy whatever pack you want, but perhaps that's exploitable in some way.
I used to think this was the obvious way to do things but later realized that people would just save up their tokens for the next expansion and not spend any money on it. So while this is ideal for us, I don't think blizzard would ever do it for that reason.

JesseZao

I used to think this was the obvious way to do things but later realized that people would just save up their tokens for the next expansion and not spend any money on it. So while this is ideal for us, I don't think blizzard would ever do it for that reason.

Easy. The token you earn is themed with the latest expansion. You can't redeem it for future ones.

Rapstah

Give away tokens for the packs that exist as of the start of the Arena run then? You could even be slightly anticonsumer and only include the newest packs a couple of weeks after the expansion launches and I still think people would take that over the system they have right now.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Pre-purchased TGT
cBj1LTf.png

Need to open packs
cBj1LTf.png

Part of the problem
cBj1LTf.png

It could be worse. You could be like the people who buy the $20+ bundles for every hero that comes out in Heroes of the Storm (which is about every three weeks).

Every time I start a match after the patch, I run into like 20 people who have both the new character and skin.

slayn

Easy. The token you earn is themed with the latest expansion. You can't redeem it for future ones.
This wouldn't pass blizzard's view on complexity. Why can't I use my gvg tokens on tgt packs. complicated!

Obviously I would prefer the token method I just understand why blizzard would never do it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You don't even need a token. Just make the player choose immediately after finishing the arena.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It could be worse. You could be like the people who buy the $20+ bundles for every hero that comes out in Heroes of the Storm (which is about every three weeks).

Every time I start a match after the patch, I run into like 20 people who have both the new character and skin.

Hey!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im no good with time conversions so... TGT in about 2 hours? (Usual Brawl time)
Yeah, make it the 31st arena choice.
I wunt mah golden cards on arena. Santiako pls

slayn

You don't even need a token. Just make the player choose immediately after finishing the arena.
To continue playing devil's advocate:

Analysis paralysis. You'll get people who freak out over the choice and not understand what is the difference between a gvg pack and a classic pack and not know which is the 'right' one and panic. The shop page is less susceptible this because you have the UI space for blizzard to make its 'sales pitch.' But I bet blizzard worries about this even on the shop page and doesn't want to introduce more choice/panic points.

ViviOggi

To continue playing devil's advocate:

Analysis paralysis. You'll get people who freak out over the choice and not understand what is the difference between a gvg pack and a classic pack and not know which is the 'right' one and panic. The shop page is less susceptible this because you have the UI space for blizzard to make its 'sales pitch.' But I bet blizzard worries about this even on the shop page and doesn't want to introduce more choice/panic points.
That's like panicking when you have to choose which card to play or take face damage. I dunno man.

zoukka

Random packs from arena means buying specific packs becomes more tempting = more money for Blizz. There really isn't more to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom