• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseZao

They also don't want the added hassle of people getting the "wrong" one and having to spend support resources resolving/handling those requests. If you can only get one outcome, you avoid this.

Pooya

I'm not sure why they decided to make coin a spell when designing this game, It only benefits mage that this is a spell, unfair advantage. It happens every damn game.

I'm just trying to grind for gold warrior and between the hordes of mech mages and handlocks, it's not progressing fast enough. I guess I should switch to control warrior, but I only have one brawl and one shield slam...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I'm not sure why they decided to make coin a spell when designing this game, It only benefits mage that this is a spell, unfair advantage. It happens every damn game.

I'm just trying to grind for gold warrior and between the hordes of mech mages and handlocks, it's not progressing fast enough.
lol

Best Combo in the game: Turn 2 + Coin 9 + SI:7 Agent!
I personally think its a great design decision to make the coin a spell. :3

Santiako

I'm just trying to grind for gold warrior and between the hordes of mech mages and handlocks, it's not progressing fast enough. I guess I should switch to control warrior, but I only have one brawl and one shield slam...
If I get the coin with Tempo Mage I almost always win. It's so so good for that deck.

Dahbomb

To continue playing devil's advocate:

Analysis paralysis. You'll get people who freak out over the choice and not understand what is the difference between a gvg pack and a classic pack and not know which is the 'right' one and panic. The shop page is less susceptible this because you have the UI space for blizzard to make its 'sales pitch.' But I bet blizzard worries about this even on the shop page and doesn't want to introduce more choice/panic points.
Ah the classic "people get too confused over deck slots" excuse of Blizzard.

I swear it's like Blizzard thinks that it's userbase is composed of a bunch of mentally challenged monkeys. Though in some cases they wouldn't be wrong I guess.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Combos don't need spells to work, they work with any card.
I know, but i love that play :3

Ah the classic "people get too confused over deck slots" excuse of Blizzard.

I swear it's like Blizzard thinks that it's userbase is composed of a bunch of mentally challenged monkeys. Though in some cases they wouldn't be wrong I guess.

Face Hunter Players on blast!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
To continue playing devil's advocate:

Analysis paralysis. You'll get people who freak out over the choice and not understand what is the difference between a gvg pack and a classic pack and not know which is the 'right' one and panic. The shop page is less susceptible this because you have the UI space for blizzard to make its 'sales pitch.' But I bet blizzard worries about this even on the shop page and doesn't want to introduce more choice/panic points.

They're trying to make it more enticing to buy packs by evening out the rewards between constructed and arena.

In Arena, you used to get the newest packs guaranteed, and if you were good, could get them infinitely.

In Constructed, you could earn 10 gold for every 3 wins (capped 100 per day) or whatever you got from your daily and buy a specific pack.

Now in Arena, you can still get packs infinitely, but get random packs that you might not need.

In Constructed, you now get ranked rewards, and they added a ton of new 50 gold dailies, so you can usually get at least a pack every two days if you're willing to hit the refresh button.

JesseZao

My design would be to add an arena 'tab' to the shop that lets you choose the reward for arenas. It defaults to random pack, but 'advanced' users could go there and pick their desired reward. This would keep it out of the arena interface and still have base functionality if the user never messed with it.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Who you guys watching when it drops? Im a have a triple stream of savjz, reynad and hopefully strifecro if he is online, if not him then tides

Pooya

Who you guys watching when it drops? Im a have a triple stream of savjz, reynad and hopefully strifecro if he is online, if not him then tides

Kibler should stream today and I think he will put those dragons to use right away, so I want to watch how that goes.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
What happened to tides? I have not seen him in a tournament for ages.

He streams very rarely, did last night though and he was very excited about TGT, said he had been taking a break because of how stale HS meta was.

Haunted

WOW at Kripparian finding a way to say that Evil Heckler isn't a strict upgrade over Booty Bay Bodyguard.

BBB wins more jousts

brilliant

untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

Mr Cola

An hour 10 minutes til we can discover that TGT isnt coming out for a few more hours

Fersis

I got 2500g so i ll be opening some packs and then will watch Forsen as always.

F O R S E N B O Y S

Mr Cola

Wish they would let you buy TGT packs, we all know the store will be down, i have 15 packs worth of gold here and I just want to buy them and open them when its up

No no, you'll get your legendaries. Congrats on Millhouse and the Tinkmaster.

My nephew was visiting back in July and I got him into Hearthstone. He'd already played some, but he wasn't very familiar with most of the cards and had no knowledge of the meta or any real strategy (his favorite deck was Divine Spirit, Inner Fire Priest). I let him play on my Android tablet and my phone so that he could get the free android packs, and he opened his first ever legendary...Tinkmaster Overspark. I was laughing my ass off. He later opened a Harrison Jones and started bitching that the only two legendaries he had were terrible. I had to point out that Harrison is actually a pretty good card.

Did whoever owns the google spreadsheet for collection tracking update it for this expansion? I haven't followed this thread for a few days and it's gone like 10 pages in that time, so apologies if I missed it

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
WOW at Kripparian finding a way to say that Evil Heckler isn't a strict upgrade over Booty Bay Bodyguard.

BBB wins more jousts

brilliant

untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

I feel like I should make a deck that includes both BBB and Evil Heckler. Why have 2 of a card when you can effectively have 4!

Warlock has voidcaller and 4 spectral spiders on board, my blastmage hits face 4 times then warlock punish with direwolf alpha. 1/3125 or 0.032% chance of happening.

BabyRage NEVER LUCKY BabyRage

gutshot

Did whoever owns the google spreadsheet for collection tracking update it for this expansion? I haven't followed this thread for a few days and it's gone like 10 pages in that time, so apologies if I missed it

Yes, it is updated. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p94gq_GGTw8L1MeyBOCwoGu6nsjcGP8W_U9vsL8hTLQ/edit?usp=sharing

Just add the new TGT sheet to your own copy and then copy and paste over the updated Overview sheet and you should be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom