• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda remember last year playing in the late afternoon on east coast. They generally do kick things off in the 11am-1pm PST range. I think it was launched last year closer to 1pm PST.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I bet the shop will be dead soon after the cards go live and will remain that way for hours.

Hopefully not. The pre-purchase option has been pretty good for them in terms of keeping the authorization server up.

Haunted

Blizzard should give us a free Demonfuse with every purchase, just to give us a taste of the power of these new TGT cards.

edit: re: Tavern Brawl balancing, watched some Trump videos on autplay, and Noxious playing Tavern Brawl came up in the related videos. I watched him play the first 5 games - 3 losses (all Hunter) and 2 wins (both Mage) - all the while bitching at Blizzard for creating such a lopsided setup.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Tournaments are hard work. The Grand Tournament will not begin before 19:00 CEST today.

Vitanimus

Don't worry, you probably won't get any legendaries.

fire.gif

I can't wait to open 64 packs and not get anything I want.

I'm 6 wins from getting my Golden Shaman, and I got a "Win 5 games as a Shaman" quest today, fuck yes.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I feel i will get only shitty legendaries from my packs. Like the 10/10 dude who can attack only minion.

Eh, Icehowl isn't the worst legendary in the set. It's a guaranteed two-for-one. Kinda like Rend Blackhand. People thought he was worse than he ended up being.

Haunted

I'll have 42 packs and enough dust to craft a single legendary. Got the updated Hearthstone collection .xlsx ready to track my card progress. Should be fun!

Have they said if we will get TGT packs as arena rewards?

bjaelke

Blizzard are making some serious money with that pre-order deal. Perhaps I should have placed my order as well. Got my nephew to farm gold over the weekend on my account. No idea how much he managed to accumulate.
I'll have 42 packs and enough dust to craft a single legendary. Got the updated Hearthstone collection .xlsx ready to track my card progress. Should be fun!

Have they said if we will get TGT packs as arena rewards?
Random arena packs. Classic, GvG or TGT packs.

J0dy77

How do they not give a time for launch? I understand they're trying to avoid the rush and inevitable server crashing but just open up the expansion already.

Magnus

50 pack preorder, 1500 gold, 8k dust (and much more if I want to dust a couple big goldens), as well as the foolish inclination to spend more money....my BF can never know. Hahaha.

How do they not give a time for launch? I understand they're trying to avoid the rush and inevitable server crashing but just open up the expansion already.

Servers will crash especially if they launch after 7. Could have just done it this morning when not that many people are playing.

Hektor

If im going to derank from Rank 5 to something lower, ill still keep my Rank 5 Chest, right?

Blizzard are making some serious money with that pre-order deal. Perhaps I should have placed my order as well. Got my nephew to farm gold over the weekend on my account. No idea how much he managed to accumulate.

Next level botting.

Malice215

I'm just hoping to get some stuff to make my midrange Druid deck even cheaper so I can go back to climbing this ladder. Haven't had any interest waiting for this expansion to go live.

I'll probably save my gold for arena runs depending on what I get. Unless a card becomes an auto-include, I'll save my dust until after the meta shapes itself out.

JSR_Cube

If im going to derank from Rank 5 to something lower, ill still keep my Rank 5 Chest, right?

Ya it was posted a couple of pages back that you count your highest rank for your reward.

I have 50 packs and almost 4000 dust. I haven't kept my gold recently. I will open all 50 tonight.

G.ZZZ

Last minute prediction

Refreshment vendor is gonna be in every deck if aggro still dominate ladder.

Garrison commander is be the new best 2-drop for control decks.

I'm gonna get legend tonight, ladder is so easy with midrange druid holy shit.

Lumine

5500 Gold waiting to be spent. Not going to spend actual money this time. Hopefully at least 1 decent legendary and some of the more useful epics and rares. Should have most commons (I think?) with 55 packs.

gutshot

Was totally planning on spending my 3500 Amazon coins on TGT packs today but I won the Archon League giveaway and now I can get 40 Classic packs for only 2500 coins. And I could still get 20 TGT packs with my gold savings. So now I have to decide between the following pack purchase options:

35 TGT packs
40 Classic + 20 TGT packs

I am still missing a handful of rares and a bunch of epics from Classic. What do you guys think?

Forkball

Wasted all my dust to craft a Patron deck because Dahbomb told me it'd work

it didnt work

Grim Patron Warrior is not as easy as a lot of people think. If you don't have the right draws or the right board situation, it can be difficult to initiate the piling and easy for the opponent to remove. There are some decks that are hard counters to it as well, like Mill Rogue. Though with enough practice, you should be able to become the bane of this game and ensure none of your opponents have fun.

I have enough gold to open up two packs. Yay. I just want Tuskarr Totemic. I'm not crafting anything until I see these cards in action.

iNvid02

totally forgot this was coming out today #DELIGHTFULSURPRISE
DyUxjEU.gif

edit: should i wait to finish this arena run then? is there a chance to get a new TGT pack tonight?

Haunted

Random arena packs. Classic, GvG or TGT packs.
huh.

not sure how I feel about that

How do they not give a time for launch?
They're trying to avoid the rush and inevitable server crashing.

br3wnor

3,000ish gold and enough dust for 2 legendaries, really hyped for this launch. Almost positive I'm crafting the Warrior legendary but no clue what the other one will be, probably save to see how Meta shakes out.

Was totally planning on spending my 3500 Amazon coins on TGT packs today but I won the Archon League giveaway and now I can get 40 Classic packs for only 2500 coins. And I could still get 20 TGT packs with my gold savings. So now I have to decide between the following pack purchase options:

35 TGT packs
40 Classic + 20 TGT packs

I am still missing a handful of rares and a bunch of epics from Classic. What do you guys think?

Are they epics that you think you'll be using? Unless you're a completionist, if you don't think you're gonna use a lot of the missing classic cards I'd just go all out on TGT packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom