• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiate

I only got 2 legendaries.

Ah, I see. Dusted another epic from those additional 5 packs, not a legendary. Yes, that's below average, but not hugely so. I know that pain, though. When you spend real money on this stuff, "slightly below average" feels pretty bad.

hutna

Best way to get TGT cards just to buy packs? As in the Arena is confirmed to drop random packs not guaranteed TGT packs like it did for GvG?

jiggles

Banned
I've been busying myself formatting this while the servers wake up. I got 19 opened before it froze up.

G = Gold

tournament8lp9i.png

Lowly squires everywhere, but dat golden Fjola Lightbane.

tylerf

Following that dragon priest list posted earlier and it's awesome so far. Chromaggus and power word shield is a pretty sick combo.

CRS

From the pre-order (Golden cards in parentheses):

95/98 Common (4)

44/72 Rare (3)

08/54 Epic (1)

02/20 Legendary (0)

... and 650ish dust. Would have been pleased with one more Legendary but fine for now. Not too bad.

Yeah, first impression is Totem Shaman is not great.

So far people are destroying my totems with reckless abandon to the point where Draenei Totemcaller and Thunder Bluff Valiant are getting very little value, if any at all.

Maybe it will be a nice buff for non-totem Shaman though as everyone burns resources to kill them.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am loving Buccaneer in arena right now. Been doing work and isn't nearly as clunky to play as the autobarber for me since the effect isn't a battlecry.

jinutsu

Neo Member
In an effort to make others feel better:

50 Packs:

60 Rares
7 Epics
1 Legendary
5 Golden Cards
710 Dust

Yep, one legendary! Been playing since the beta. These were paid packs too in case there are any conspiracy theories.

CoolOff

I am loving Buccaneer in arena right now. Been doing work and isn't nearly as clunky to play as the autobarber for me since the effect isn't a battlecry.

It's a great, great card because it's a combo-enabler with good value later in the game as well. 2/2 heropower is insane value.

V-Faction

Yeah, first impression is Totem Shaman is not great.

So far people are destroying my totems with reckless abandon to the point where Draenei Totemcaller and Thunder Bluff Valiant are getting very little value, if any at all.

Maybe it will be a nice buff for non-totem Shaman though as everyone burns resources to kill them.

The problem with Totems is that 0 attack is still really bad. There's no downside for the opponent to clear. And clear they shall, less they mistakenly leave up your totems for it to bite you in the butt.

Fuzzery

How did arena rewards work before this? I definitely got some GVG cards in my arena awards, but were those gvg packs or were the reward packs a mix of all cards?

CRS

How did arena rewards work before this? I definitely got some GVG cards in my arena awards, but were those gvg packs or were the reward packs a mix of all cards?
Rewards were GvG packs only after it came out.

Cards were a mix of both.

CRS

So GvG packs contained all cards? But now the new TGT packs only contain TGT cards?
My wording was a bit poor. My mistake.

So GvG packs were the only pack rewards in Arena after the expansion came out. Those packs only give out GvG cards.

But if you did well enough in the Arena, you could get golden cards. These cards were from both Classic and GvG if I remember correctly.

Ladekabel

I want to play Varian but I don't have the cards, gold and dust for Control Warrior. Are there other decks where he's viable in? And is it safe to dust that pirate legendary?

Fuzzery

Oh I see. Dang, that sucks that you can't pick your rewards. Gonna be harder to get tgt cards for me then without buying packs, since there's only a 1/3rd chance of getting them each arena. Not that I really care that much about collection, but maybe if there's an interesting deck i'll want to try it out

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Got enough for a legendary from the new set (already have Bolf and Eydis)

Been thinking about the warrior legendary but a few streamers have sparked disapproval

What do you guys think?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pretty happy with my pulls. It's literally value town up in here: Rhonin, Varian, and 6 Effigies.

So many Effigies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
WOW

Game 1 of arena, paladin plays mysterious challenger and got 2 secrets. One of them being competitive spirit which made it a 7/7. Jesus christ.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Effigy seems much more underwhelming than it sounded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom