• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

Yeah I am so tempted to craft Varian as well but want to wait a bit before pulling the trigger.

Also LOL @ the thread title.

Santiako

0fd7cZZ.png

Europe in its entirety living TGT though Twitch lol

Don't fall into the trap of making a full on Totem deck with crap like Vitality Totems and Totemic Might.

Play the stuff like Totem Golem and Thunderbuff Valiant in then play the rest of your Midrange Shaman deck.

Vitality Totem and Totemic Might suck, so yeah don't worry I shall not fall in that trap!

Thanks btw.

ViviOggi

Depends on the matchup. Paladin, Warrior, and Handlock will laugh mercilessly as they clear your whole board. A Druid will cri evry tym.
Eh, you won't play him until you've seen the board clears. Even then Brawl isn't that devastating against him on average and Handlock needs Giant+Shadowflame (which is usually a one-of nowadays). Only against Paladin you'd have to wait out both Equalities.

Celegus

20 packs. 53 / 132 cards.

0 legendaries. 3 epics (Mulch, Mulch, Grand Crusader). 2 gold uncommons. 120 dust.

Anyone have worse luck than me? The salt is real.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Eh, you won't play him until you've seen the board clears. Even then Brawl isn't that devastating against him on average and Handlock needs Giant+Shadowflame (which is usually a one-of nowadays). Only against Paladin you'd have to wait out both Equalities.

A Paladin could be running Enter the Coliseum these days. Also I forgot to mention Priest with Lightbomb. Lightbomb is the kind of card that can creep on you because not every Priest will run it. Same with Enter the Coliseum I'm sure.

mxgt

Banned
Finally got on EU to open my 74 packs:

Highlights:

2x Golden Mage Huffer
Golden Darnassus Aspirant
Mistcaller
Paletress (got a legend I wanted, in the final pack no less)

Lowlights:

2x Anub'Arak (yay dust?)

de4bfc66037f3a4cf55a712b29cf4825.png

in 8 of the packs I opened I got double Demonfuse. I got 19 total, didn't get more than 8 of any other card.

You have to look out for Enter the Coliseum now as well. It should at least see play for the next few weeks while people figure out if it's any good.

ViviOggi

A Paladin could be running Enter the Coliseum these days. Also I forgot to mention Priest with Lightbomb. Lightbomb is the kind of card that can creep on you because not every Priest will run it. Same with Enter the Coliseum I'm sure.
The same applies, it's not like Control Warrior can't pressure you with minions around turns 5-9. Varian is a card you use to close out long games, just like you wouldn't play a tempo/value Grom before you've seen BGH.

Dahbomb

LOL Trump just got demolished by double Warhorse Trainer + Muster for Battle + Quartermaster.

If only Shamans had Muster for Totems...

ViviOggi

He's literally play after board clears: the card. Obviously you don't play him when you have Rag, Shieldmaiden and Belcher up because then you're winning, can afford to hold any card you want, they scramble for their board clear and then you get right back on there in a single turn.

LiveWire

60 packs opened, 3 legendaries. 2 Skeleton Knights and Anub'arak. Guess I'm paying a karmic debt for the golden Dr. Boom I opened in my very first GVG pack. :/

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Out of 50:

47 rare (2 golden)
14 epic (1 golden)
2 legendary (Aviana, Skycap'n Kragg)
2 golden common
670 dust

But yeah, EU is back, tho the server response very very slow :3 That pack opening was totally anticlimatic.

Finally got enough dust for Dr Balanced - Should I craft or wait? :eek:

He's literally play after board clears: the card. Obviously you don't play him when you have Rag, Shieldmaiden and Belcher up because then you're winning, can afford to hold any card you want, they scramble for their board clear and then you get right back on there in a single turn.

It's like dr. boom in that sense.

inky

First crack at a Beast Druid deck. Feels like middle road between combo and midrange (which runs combo most of the times).

Won 3 games, lost 1. Lots of Warriors on ladder atm tho. Fuck.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Effigy seems much more underwhelming than it sounded

I dunno i put effigy in my tempo mage deck and you can get so much value from that card, getting a free 5/4 when my azure drakes dies is pretty damn good, i have even done the antonidas + effigy combo with good results. However effigy requires some effort to use properly, you don't want to have a 2 mana minion on the board when you have effigy on.

FeD.nL

Finally got 2 games in with Varian in my deck, first game he was one of my last 4 cards second time in my last 10 cards, fml. Won the games though.

ViviOggi

It's like dr. boom in that sense.
Yeah that's a solid comparison. Insane pressure out of nowhere, just that he comes out much later so there are different factors you have to worry about compared to a 7-drop.

Like, I'm not saying the card is confirmed insane, I've expressed my doubts a few posts back. With such a unique and slow card you never know. The point is you don't have to worry about board clears with Varian since he's essentially designed to be a follow-up play to board clears. The actual question is whether he's consistent enough in a ladder environment.

I picked up Gormok, Fjola and The Skeleton Knight from my 50 packs. Actually happier with getting 3 Frost Giants though as I have some ideas for how they could be used but would probably never have bothered crafting them until others came up with good decks.

Now if I only I could play the damn game. Dem EU servers.

jiggles

Banned
Final results of my 50 packs:
tournamentoir8q.png

G = Golden
Yellow = Dusted

97 cards out of 250 dusted.
5 legendaries (2 golden!)
All commons bar one. EDIT: Actually, I got them all. Rhonin mislabelled as common.
Not nearly as many epics as I expected.
EIGHT FUCKING LOWLY SQUIRES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom