• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricelord

so yea this happened...

11924599_887235428017690_1997321_o.jpg

Fixed1979

Holy fuck at Totem Shamen!

Don't care what people say about Totem Golem, double opener with Flametongue and Totemic Might...thanks.

Maybe I just got lucky in my first few games, but druid priest and pally all down.

EDIT: OK wrecked by mech mage...putting down to a bad opening though. =)

Sadsic

legendaries i got:

Aviana (crafted)
Justicar Trueheart (crafted)
Varian Wrynn (crafted)
Rhonin (from pre-order)
Anub-Arak (from pre-order)
Fjola Lightbane (from pre-order)
Nexus Champion Saraad (from pre-order)
Gormok the Impaler (from pre-order)

Malice215

Only got one legendary (Eadric) out of 50 packs. :-/ Bought another 21 with the gold I had stacked up and got Saraad, Aviana, Rhonin, and Acidmaw, so I'm happy at the moment.

Blizzard must have known that I was thirsty with the 3 Refreshment Vendors they gave me in one pack.

Thinking about dusting some of the gold cards that I got and some of the crap legendaries from Classic/GvG. Right now I have enough dust for a golden legendary, two legendaries, or some other stuff. Golden Varian is calling my name. Also thinking about crafting Coldarra Drake, Mysterious Challenger, Burgle, Dark Bargain, Chillmaw. Also would like to craft a golden Jaraxxus that I always regretted dusting when I started playing this game early on.

I'm going to wait a few days and see what others are playing before I start crafting stuff. At least I got what I need to make this Aviana Druid deck put in some work.

Highlights:

Golden Druid of the Saber
Golden Competitive Spirit
2 Golden Shadowfiends
Golden Buccaneer
Golden Shado-Pan Rider
Golden Fist of Jaraxxus
Golden Voidcrusher
2 Golden Sparring Partners
Golden Fencing Coach
Golden Light's Champion
Golden Evil Heckler

slayn

needs to show more effort.
someone who is able to play right now: does justicar let you double hero power on the turn you play it? It should, but none of the streamers I've checked out have used it like that when they should and I don't know if I'm wrong about how the mechanic should work or if the streamers are just bad.

Nah Dr Balanced you play on turn 7 without thinking. Who the fuck cares if they have BGH.

They will just usually go 1 for 1 even using BGH.

With Varian if you play into a board control that could be game losing.

You actually don't always play dr. boom on turn 7, especially if you're ahead on board and they likely have board cleans in hand. Dr. boom is good for repopulating after a clear, the same way varian could be used. And of course bgh matters. BGH 1 for 1 with dr. boom is still great for the bgh since the mana cost difference is huge.

That's just what I started doing, since I don't have enough new cards to make something interesting yet.

Poor Totem Shaman I just faced.

I just played Face Hunter against the same opposition and ran it over despite his Tuskarr Totemics rolling FTT and Mana Tide. I actually wanted to mess around with some trial decks of my own, but the lag in the card collection area is extreme on EU right now.

Leezard

I just played Face Hunter against the same opposition and ran it over despite his Tuskarr Totemics rolling FTT and Mana Tide. I actually wanted to mess around with some trial decks of my own, but the lag in the card collection area is extreme on EU right now.

Face Hunter is one of the kings at killing unrefined decks after all. It probably doesn't help that many of the new cards are kind of slow.

Mazre

Mixed bag for me:

57 packs
1 Legendary Varian (woot)
Epics (2 each of the paladin ones, frost giant, bunch of eh neutral ones)
Decent rare coverage
Only missed a few commons

I think 8x bone guard lieutenant and 5x Savage Combatant were my worst for dupes in common/rare.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Only got one legendary (Eadric) out of 50 packs. :-/ Bought another 21 with the gold I had stacked up and got Saraad, Aviana, Rhonin, and Acidmaw, so I'm happy at the moment.

Blizzard must have known that I was thirsty with the 3 Refreshment Vendors they gave me in one pack.

Thinking about dusting some of the gold cards that I got and some of the crap legendaries from Classic/GvG. Right now I have enough dust for a golden legendary, two legendaries, or some other stuff. Golden Varian is calling my name. Also thinking about crafting Coldarra Drake, Mysterious Challenger, Burgle, Dark Bargain, Chillmaw. Also would like to craft a golden Jaraxxus that I always regretted dusting when I started playing this game early on.

I'm going to wait a few days and see what others are playing before I start crafting stuff. At least I got what I need to make this Aviana Druid deck put in some work.

Highlights:

Golden Druid of the Saber
Golden Competitive Spirit
2 Golden Shadowfiends
Golden Buccaneer
Golden Shado-Pan Rider
Golden Fist of Jaraxxus
Golden Voidcrusher
2 Golden Sparring Partners
Golden Fencing Coach
Golden Light's Champion
Golden Evil Heckler

I had a similar experience actually. Only got Eadric from the 50, got golden eadric/aviana/confessor paletress after getting 23 more with gold.

Maximo

someone who is able to play right now: does justicar let you double hero power on the turn you play it? It should, but none of the streamers I've checked out have used it like that when they should and I don't know if I'm wrong about how the mechanic should work or if the streamers are just bad.

You can use your hero power play Justicar then it refreshes it allowing you to play it again, also the hero power change is PERMANENT. That's something I noticed while playing against a mage it doesn't go away when your turn ends or when you kill Justicar, very cool it has some synergy just wish it had better stats or it was less mana.

Santiako

OK, so I finally got through and opened my packs.

I got 10 epics, Paletress, Dreadscale and Bolf.

Golden cards: Competitive Spirit, Darnassus Aspirant, Thunder Bluff Valiant, Totem Golem, Seal of Champions, Wildwalker, Armored Warhorse, Ice Rager and Ball of Spiders.

BTW, even though they are rare I got 5 Mogor's Champion and 6 Balls of Spiders, 1 of them gold LOL

Magnus

Don't do it, most of the TGT cards are trash. In 2 weeks everyone will realize this and play their old decks. Save your money for classic packs.

The fuck is a Kvaldir anyway

You should buy another 40

You know you want to

I have enough dust to craft 3 legendaries, and I'm still going to buy another 40. Do it. DO IT.

ARGH WHAT DO

HELP

I have tons of dust (8000, and that's without dusting a bunch of classic/GVG/TGT golds that could probably get me another 3000 easily) I just LOVE opening packs though. Fuck.

jiggles

Banned
Just as I got done opening and building a deck, I get booted off the servers. I just want to play now. I want to hear all the new lines.

So far, what I think of the Shaman cards I've played with.

Totem Golem - Pretty good. Probably not as crazy as people thought, at least in a midrange/control deck. The overload hasn't held me back too much and so far it's been a two for one quite a bit. It's going to be a bitch to deal with against aggro Shaman though. It's most likely a staple in most decks from my point of view.

Tuskarr Totemic - Insane card. I've gotten Mana Tide and Totem Golem from it three times each. Hitting a crap totem typically doesn't hurt you too much. This card will probably be run in almost every Shaman deck from now until the end of time.

Healing Wave - Seems like a very good replacement for Healbot so far. I haven't missed the joust yet in four tries. One of the times a control Warrior dropped my health to 15 with Alex and next turn I was back up to 29.

Draenei Totemcarver - If you have totems on the board on turn 4 this card is insane. Unfortunately your opponent isn't very likely to allow that. This absolutely preys on decks with slow starts or poor board clear options. I like it more than Fireguard Destroyer so far but if your opponent focuses hard on your totems it can be a little awkward to play but even putting it out there with only one Totem isn't terrible.

Thunder Bluff Valiant - Very, very good card and like Totemcarver it absolutely preys on decks without good/plentiful board clear. I expect this card to be played quite a bit considering Totem Golem and Tuskarr Totemic are already likely to be staples. Hard to say if it will be a one of or two of though since deck space is at a premium.

The Mistcaller - Good, borderline insane if drawn early. Haven't had a chance to use it a ton but it seems very solid. I think it's maybe worse than Neptulon overall but Mistcaller fits the curve much better since you're probably running Dr. Boom and is a stronger play on turn 6 where as Neptulon is usually held past turn 7. Not sure if I'd run out and craft this or anything but I'm happy to have gotten it.

Haven't messed around with Ancestral Knowledge, Elemental Destruction or Charged Hammer quite yet.

CoolOff

Goddamn I'm loving this Healadin right now.

Guys, I'm telling you, this shit is amazing. You just nullify everything they throw at you. I've so far completely destroyed a Midrange Hunter, a Freeze Mage, and a Combo Druid.

I guess the only caveat is Patron, but if you save Equality for when they go off I think it should deal with that as well.

Mulgrok

Getting a lot of wins in ranked today as face hunter. All these slow decks for me to pick on!

EDIT: Just dominated a healadin in my first match against one. They are not that great.

EDIT 2:
With shadowform priest does Judicar make it deal 4 damage since it changes heal to heal for 4 ? If so Shadow Inspire priest could be interesting..

no, it does not replace modified hero powers.

Maximo

With shadowform priest does Judicar make it deal 4 damage since it changes heal to heal for 4 ? If so Shadow Inspire priest could be interesting..

Maximo

Man poor Totem Shamans, face is the place baby. Interesting one put a Tournament Medic and Vitality Totem in his deck for Agrro.

J0dy77

Kodorider is a VERY good card, especially for druid. If you can ramp up to it the 5 damage is enough to surive a round or 2. Summoning 3/5 for 2 man with your hero power is crazy.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Shaman getting 4 flametongue totems before 10 cards into their deck

The feels

CoolOff

I just got rekt by a golden Warlock with a very weird deck:

* The 3/2 inspire
* Shadowflame
* Fizzlebang
* Summoning Portals
* Fencing Coaches
* Rag
* Chromaggus

If you get a copy from Fizzlebangs drawn card via Chrom, does the second one also cost 0? Kind of powerful if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom