• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

iirate

134 packs, 3 legendaries. Very bad luck. Oh well, it happens.

My gvg luck was very, very good, and I'm naturally anxious about the 60 I'll open tonight. Justicar is the only legendary I really want, but there's quite a few key epics I'd like to get.

Parshias7

My final tally is 10 legendaries out of 147 packs. Out of those 10, one is golden, and three were repeats.

Have plenty of dust left over, and it looks like I have enough to craft all the legends and epics from this set and past sets that I still kinda want, but I'm gonna let it sit for a little bit before I start making anything.

CRS

Holy crap, I'm really liking Healadin. I think I healed for a total 25 health through the match against a Tempo Mage. Got down to 1 at one point, hoping he didn't top deck a fireball for two turns, and luckily was able to survive long enough to built up some taunts and health.

Oh and I would have healed an additional 7 health if I didn't fail a Joust.

Minsc

Gold Member
sIQ1FFP.png

hrxN6P0.png

Mwhahahaha, that value! :D

jiggles

Banned
I'm such a scrub I just searched "totem" and fucked them all in the one deck and mixed in some of my regular Shaman cards.

It's actually been working pretty well, really easy to get big most of the time. But if I don't get Feral Spirit in the first 2 draws, the other player has no trouble dispatching my little ragtag squad of totemic misfits.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
1.0 version of inspire paladin. Have a lot of experimenting and tweaking to do but I think there's something there. Or I'm getting super lucky in an environment where everyone is playing sucky decks.

Basically play to hit your button every single turn, even turn two or else you'll run out of cards. Trade like you would Demon zoo.

t7YQZtW.png

Gonna try Frost Giants next to see if they're good for this, and think the secret might be better with some other card that builds off having a ton of minions in play.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Currently 8-0 with new dragon warrior at rank 10-8

Shits good man, that new twilight dragon really fucks aggro and the late game dragons are absurd

squidyj

Brotem shaman, so gud =D
Thunderbluff valiant, garrison commander, tuskarr totemic, totem golem

and the secret weapon, totemic might

I'm running 2 hex 2 crackle 2 lightning storm, I wonder about maybe running an earth shock in place of a crackle tho.

squidyj

I played another shaman who coined out totem golem..... why would you ever do this?

Locking yourself down to 1 mana is so much worse than locking yourself down to 2. I can hero power on 2. on 1 the only thing I might play is zombie chow and if I have chow I should have just saved the coin and played it on turn 1.

bodine1231

50 packs in, 350 to go. So far I got 2 legends,Varian being one so I'm pretty happy to get him out the way. Only 3 golden so far which sucks but still a long way to go.

Frenden

Banned
134 packs, 3 legendaries. Very bad luck. Oh well, it happens.
I created a dragon Priest. I didn't look at your list, but ended up making one after you posted.

So far, so good. Three quick ranks with one or two losses (bad draw).

Chillmaw was doing some work. And Wyrmrest Argent and Twilight Guardian are great Velen's Chosen targets.

squidyj

This is what I'm using right now to a fair bit of success. I will likely replace the Gadgetzan Jousters as they just aren't reliable enough but I'm still in the testing phase with it.

That seems like a rough start, I'm running 2x chow 2x commander to control my early game with commander value in the late.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Is the ranked chest at the end of the month based on highest rank achieved? So if I hit rank 5 at my peak and drop to say, rank 7, do I still get the rank 5 chest?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Beast Druid can actually be pretty scary. It's kind of like Mech Mage in speed but you have a ridiculous finisher with FoN+Savage Roar. Stealth Creatures like Druid of the Saber, Jungle Panther, and Stranglethorn Tiger represent serious threats when added on top. I did 26 damage to a Paladin because I had two stealthed Jungle Panthers and he ran out of consecrations.

Loomba

Darnassus Aspirant is GOAT. Makes Druid so much more consistent I love it.

I got 3 legendaries in 88 packs. Not good but not bad either.

Is Confessor Paletress worth playing? It was one of my legendaries.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy fuuuuuck the lag is real, gonna stop for now.

Thunder Bluff is way better than I expected. I had 2 of them down and holy shit that spirals out of control very fast. Haven't really tried much else yet since I focused on arena and had some pretty poor runs in that.

For those that have played with Chillmaw, does it seem like it might be worth crafting? There's some dragon decks I want to draw and it seems like a great addition but would like to hear some impressions first.

Current deck:

2x Circle of Healing
2x Twilight Whelp
2x Northshire Cleric
2x PW:S
2x Faerie Dragon
2x Velen's Chosen
2x Blackwing Technician
2x Twilight Drake
2x Twilight Guardian
2x Hungry Dragon
2x Blackwing Corruptor
2x Holy Nova
2x Azure Drake
1x Chillmaw
1x Chromaggus
1x Ysera

The pressure this deck puts on is incredibly intense.

Potentially dumb question, but what is PW:S?

Opiate

Potentially dumb question, but what is PW:S?

Power Word: Shield.

I have since modified this deck: I took out the hungry dragon and put dragonkin sorcerer in its place. Obviously it will take tinkering, but I am very confident this deck will be "Good enough" to be played -- that is, the worst outcome I can imagine is that the deck is a 7/10 or 8/10 deck.

I reserve 9/10 and 10/10 for "decks which define the meta and which are chosen consistently by pros in tournaments." Maybe dragon priest will be a deck like that, I'm not sure. But it's worst case scenario would be a tier below that, where it's not in the top 5 decks but it's certainly good enough to take you to legend if you know what you're doing.

Hi guys in the last few days I've been noticing some of the cards in hearthstone flicker little blacks areas every few seconds on occasion, its most obvious in my collection while browsing cards.

Whats strange though is it seems to only happen at 1440p, anything lower and its fine, anyone else noticed this?

JSR_Cube

I've got enough dust for three legendaries right now. I think I am going to wait to see how the meta plays out a bit though. Plus, I still need some of the older legendaries such as Bloodmage.

Pooya

Kibler hit legend finally, adding taunt dragons did it after going up and down rank 3-4 for weeks.

Something happened on stream, was Varian/Chromaggus interaction, I think it only copied the card Varian didn't put on the board, the spell. Varian put Chromaggus first, it got triggered once, then Chillmaw was on board. Chillmaw wasn't copied because it was not a card drawn. just like how Deathlord works.

Opiate

Thanks. Playing around with a modified version of that deck as I don't think I have everything. Definitely fun to play so far, but I think I'm missing a few key ingredients.

Edit-also looking for friends if anyone wouldn't mind - KCHusker33

KCHusker33 need the numbers after it

Sadsic

i have enough dust for 1 more legendary! Can anyone help me pick one? I want to get one of the new TGT ones... here are the ones I already have from opening packs or crafting previously:

Fjola Lightbane
Aviana
Rhonin
Justicar Trueheart
Anub'Arak
Varian Wrynn
Gormok the Impaler
Nexus-Champion Saraad

Alternatively I could just get rares and epics I didn't get but thats no fun lol

cHinzo

Went with 120 packs. Got 7 legendaries out of it. No duplicates woohoo and some great ones too. I got:

-Justicar Trueheart
-Fjola Lightbane
-Chillmaw
-Skycap 'n Kragg
-Aviana
-Rhonin
-A FREAKKIN GOLDEN VARIAN WRYNN!

Pretty satisfied. :D

tylerf

1600 dust left and I'm really tempted to just craft Varian instead of waiting to see how everything shakes out.

Opiate

Pretty confident in Pirate rogue as well. Im not as confident that pirate rogue will work -- it may still be 1-2 cards off from being "really good" -- but it's much, much better than it was with the inclusion of the 1 mana cost pirate and sky capn.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
finally got to open my 125 packs. Legendary hall was:
Aviana
Anubarakx2
Fizzblebangx3
Darkbane
Skeleton Knight
Chillmaw
Skycap'n Kragg
Icehowl

Not sure if I should feel lucky that I got waaaay over the average legendary count or if I should feel unlocky that absolutely none of them are the ones I wanted in my decks =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom