• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT4| The warsong has ended, please patron other decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

I have a Rogue quest and, even after 70 TGT packs, I don't have the new Rogue legendary or any of the new epics.

I don't want to play old cards, and I don't to play that dumb brawl. Guess I'm rerolling tomorrow!

You say that like it's a bad thing...

On a related note, opened Anub'arak yesterday out of the pack from my first arena run post-TGT. Thanks for the 400 dust, Blizzard!

Rapstah

Amaz keeps losing to Mysterious Challenger Paladin because he has no idea what to do against all of the secrets at the same time.

Opiate

Yeah Rogues got the shaft this expansion. They can play pirates now, I guess...

Even if they'd gotten some good cards (which I agree they mostly didn't), the entire structure of the expansion is bad for them. Any expansion which slows the game down even modestly is bad for rogues. They are not a class which benefits from slow, grindy games.

ViviOggi

hearthstonescreenshotcjsjd.png

Nice card
laugh.gif

JohnCYQ

225 packs and 0 Twilight Guardian or Chillmaw. The game doesn't want me playing the dragon decks I see. =/

Anyway, I've been playing with this decklist for Paladin, sort of mid-range-y control? Not sure what to categorize it as.

Thinking of swapping out BGH for another Aldor, not too sure if I need another 4-drop like Shredders since I won't ever drop Murloc Knights without inspiring with them on the same turn. Board presence is really crazy though, managed to out-control CWs (with justicar'ed armoring) and several other control decks like Priests/Handlock/Shamans etc. I'm surprised I didn't meet anyone trying out Malyshamans though, thought people would at least give it a try.

Just got the Rhonin dream in constructed! Spellslinger gave me feign death, I had rhonin, a flamewaker and a sorcerors apprentice. 6 arcane missiles in one turn is insane. My opponent was at full health but still conceded halfway through the lengthy barrage. I tend to let my opponents enjoy the rare combos but people always concede when I get a good rhonin out, boring :p

Opiate

The brawl has spells again.

I'm glad they brought this brawl back; it's easily one of the best. Hopefully they avoid the brawls you construct for a few weeks, those are terrible.

inky

I did some inventory checking and I'm only missing epics and legendaries from all sets now. Rares are covered. There is only 1 common card in the whole game I didn't get a single copy of yet: Ice Rager, lol.

I think it's pretty even between TGT and Classic as far as future pack openings goes. Classic edges it because there are more solid epic cards, but it's a lot of them overall I still want: Mulch, Echo, Pyro, Coldarra, Most of the Paladin's actually, Preparation, Bane of Doom, Shieldslam, Doomsayer, Recomb, Blood Knight, Kodo Rider and 1 Mountain Giant. That's a fuckload of dust I don't have. I guess bad epics and legs will have to finance most of that in the future.

I still need most class legendaries which is sad. Got Warrior and Warlock covered, so that's nice. Priorities would be Chillmaw for the Dragon decks which I like playing (Dragon Warrior FTW), Aviana, Tirion, TBK and Justicar.

/public bookkeeping blog

Zakalwe

Banned
It's a good card, i ran it in my pally during the climb and it murdered face hunters and eboladins alike, usually trading for 2 or sometimes even 3 minions, while not being as dead as zombie chow is against slower decks.

Could you share your CW deck please?

Aviana dream in brawl. Aviana followed by ancient of war taunt and then chain dropping big minions for the win.

Also had the most satisfying brawl as druid vs a face hunter. He brought me down to the brink of death multiple times but I just kept myself alive with three tree of lives and focused on developinh a big ass board instead. Must have been Hella frustrating for him to almost kill me multiple times only for me to go back to full life.

G.ZZZ

Could you share your CW deck please?

Sorry i saw your pm late, it's:

2 shield slam
2 execute
1 whirlwind
1 fiery win axe
2 armorsmith
2 cruel taskmaster
1 shield block
2 acolyte of pain
1 bash
1 BGH
2 death's bite
1 shredder
2 brawl
1 Harrison
1 Belcher
1 Justicar
1 Shieldmaiden
1 Sylvanas
1 Baron gEddon
1 Boom
1 Grom
1 Alex
1 Ysera

tbh i don't consider the list particuarly unique or anything so it plays pretty much itself. 1 Axe is because drawing 2 is usually extremely useless, while 1 bash is often more useful lategame and it's extremely, extremely good vs aggro decks early on. A much more interesting list with which i climbed fast 5-2 is midrange druid:

1 innervate
2 wild growth
2 Darnassus Aspirant
2 sunfury protector
2 Wrath
1 bgh
2 Savage Roar
2 Spellbreaker
2 Shredders
2 Swipe
2 Keepers
2 druids of the claw
1 Loatheb
1 Harrison
1 Sylvanas
1 Cairne
1 Force of nature
2 Lore
1 Dr. balanced

You can play as an extremely fast deck, and the 4 silences are so good in this meta and in this deck too (as it make darnassus into spellbreaker playable on empty boards).

ZZMitch

Even if they'd gotten some good cards (which I agree they mostly didn't), the entire structure of the expansion is bad for them. Any expansion which slows the game down even modestly is bad for rogues. They are not a class which benefits from slow, grindy games.

Tell that to my mass heal + Taunts + Burgle + Beneath the Grounds deck!!!

I have fallen from Rank 5-11 post TGT trying out fun decks. But I have enjoyed it!

see5harp

This is the first expansion where I've actually felt like "wow maybe I should have preordered the 50 packs." People with the new decks are straight wrecking me.

Ladekabel

So, even if I'm still missing one Frothing I started playing Patron a little bit. Really a fun deck to play. Now if only Varian had a place in it... :/

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
225 packs and 0 Twilight Guardian or Chillmaw. The game doesn't want me playing the dragon decks I see. =/

Anyway, I've been playing with this decklist for Paladin, sort of mid-range-y control? Not sure what to categorize it as.

Thinking of swapping out BGH for another Aldor, not too sure if I need another 4-drop like Shredders since I won't ever drop Murloc Knights without inspiring with them on the same turn. Board presence is really crazy though, managed to out-control CWs (with justicar'ed armoring) and several other control decks like Priests/Handlock/Shamans etc. I'm surprised I didn't meet anyone trying out Malyshamans though, thought people would at least give it a try.

Looks similar to what I've been trying(basically my old midrange with a few cards swapped in/out).

6LMH9Ad.png

I haven't missed the BGH. Between the 3 humility effects and the double equality I basically can answer whatever crops up, and even in the old scenarios like making boom a 1/7 set as designated recruit killer, you start outputting them so fast that they can't even keep up--a big quartermaster WILL happen.

When TGT came out I played a whole bunch of random decks and fell to lower rank 7 and got back to 5 painlessly with this. So many slower matches had me just content to simply hero power and hold onto my cards to respond to them while whittling them down.

cHinzo

Made it to rank 5 guys for the first time (playing since 3 months and only starting to do ranked this month, because of those rewards)! :D

61ea90bbbe.jpg

This is the deck I used. I really LOVE those Mad Scientists. Giving so much value all game long, while still being able to play some early minions. One Murloc Knight for later in the game if my board gets cleared by all the AoE. It won me a game when being in a topdick war with another Paladin. The MVP of this deck is definitely Mysterious Challenger. Holyshit that guy gives so much value, leaves a big body behind and makes the enemy's turn really awkward with those secrets. Tons of synergy btw with those secrets, loving it.

Using Loatheb in my deck, because I don't have Tirion. Works out fine though, since it can prevent people from using removal on my early game minions on the turn before dropping the Mysterious Challenger. Anyway, try the deck out and see how it works guys. It's tons of fun!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Just vsed a paladin who had two tirions in his deck :mad:

One of the first matches I played was vs a Druid(before they fixed the bug where nobody had spells) and his turn 10 play was Aviana into Aviana.

I completed a writeup of my paladin deck on hearthpwn
http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/315252-peon-flood

I can definintely see that being incredibly strong. I'm still unsure how I feel about Tuskarr Jouster so the healbot swaps make sense, and Gormok hits sooo easily in this type of deck.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
LOL i was thinking of crafting Nexus-Champion Saraad and i was crafting and undoing just to hear his line and i accidentally clicked the side of the screen crafting him for real, he's not bad but man now my wish to play control warrior is a bit farther away :(

I have 4.5k dust saved up right now and I plan to save 1600 for 1 legendary. Is it better to use the remaining dust to craft epics, or is it more efficient if I focus on getting all the rares/commons in order to further complete the set?

I have 4.5k dust saved up right now and I plan to save 1600 for 1 legendary. Is it better to use the remaining dust to craft epics, or is it more efficient if I focus on getting all the rares/commons in order to further complete the set?

Its easy to get the commons/rares its a lot harder to get the epics in a reasonable time.

Copenap

Wait, what??? They added spells to brawl? So it was a mistake at first? And I was happy at first that I drew Millhouse before realizing that...

The new Shaman aoe is incredibly bad. It's really amazing how it loses you the game instead of bringing you back.

It's actually better than Flamestrike in turning around a losing game.

If you're losing the game you don't have much of a board to throw away to it anyway, and 3 mana lets you develop the board the same turn as you play it (instead of casting Flamestrike and doing nothing on the board, letting your opponent re-develop right away).

Plus synergy with lavashock.

The new Shaman aoe is incredibly bad. It's really amazing how it loses you the game instead of bringing you back.

If you don't have Lava Shock to cancel out all that overload, then you just wind up in a position where you need to use aoe two turns later since you effectively forfeit your next turn and probably just wiped your own board. I really don't understand why they made it hit your own minions. It has negative totem synergy.

Dahbomb

Man Paladins are so annoying to play against.

Play against a Paladin which played coin Minibot, Juggler, Muster into a bunch of Secrets. I think it's that MC Secrets deck so I try to control the board as much as I can and use up Execute on an Avenged Knife Juggler.

Then he starts putting down Quartermaster, Loatheb, Tirion and Dr Balanced finishing off the game because I had used my spells to control the board earlier to save myself.

Every single Paladin deck opens up with the same shit so you don't even know what you are fighting until like 6 turns into the game.

Opiate

Man Paladins are so annoying to play against.

Play against a Paladin which played coin Minibot, Juggler, Muster into a bunch of Secrets. I think it's that MC Secrets deck so I try to control the board as much as I can and use up Execute on an Avenged Knife Juggler.

Then he starts putting down Quartermaster, Loatheb, Tirion and Dr Balanced finishing off the game because I had used my spells to control the board earlier to save myself.

That's the strength of midrange hunter, too. Force you to use your removal early, transition in to Highmanes and Boom later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom